No announcement yet.

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vettel supposedly chatting with Racing Point. Could be Stroll buying his son a mentor...

Comment

Originally posted by RP_Automotive View Post
      Vettel supposedly chatting with Racing Point. Could be Stroll buying his son a mentor...
      It wouldn't surprise me if the old man decides to give lance the ass for vettel and call it a business decision at a press conference.

You don't get to be that loaded without the ability to think smart and be a cunt in business.

Comment

I think Stroll will be trying to create two teams by 2022. Aston Martin AND a rebranded Racing Point sister team.

In true corporate play with 10 other rich guys money making up the $$ but with only his face at the helm style he will get Aston Martin the car company to create and buy all the Racing Point assets at full price paying out his personal investments there, then the empty Racing Point structure be used to light a “new” Canadian team which will be the shadow/sister team to Aston Martin and make a few more buck there by leveraging Aston Martins development money...

Give it a couple of years and the whole lot will fire sale out when Mercedes buys out Aston Martin (as in the car company) for what it cost Strolls consortium to buy it.
        ---
        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if the old man decides to give lance the ass for vettel and call it a business decision at a press conference.

You don't get to be that loaded without the ability to think smart and be a cunt in business.
          there's only so long he can/wants to keep buying drives for his son, eventually he will drop him or the sport.
          the Victorian out drives him every event, maybe he has to get a shit team mate to let the son win and keep the wife of his back.

Comment

Don't see Stroll buying a second team. He's not Red Bull rich!

More likely is that he folds the team into Aston Martin and walks away.
            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Yeah most likely scenario would be that he builds it up to tie in with the new regs, then once Aston Martin is well engrained with the team, sells the F1 team and his stake in Aston Martin for a pretty penny.

All being said, with budget caps in place soon who knows who’ll get involved....

Comment

Very interesting to read about a clause in Sergio's contract, that states that the team can, at any time, but him out of his contract, if they decide to go down a different driver path

Negotiations are apparently already going on between Sergio, his management, and Lawrence Stroll.

Vettel appears to be saved after all

Comment

would be a pity. i would rather have perez remain in the sport than vettel tbh
                  1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Stroll to Haas?
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

(TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                      Stroll to Haas?
                      That would honestly make more “sense” but F1 rarely makes so.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                        Stroll to Haas?
                        Not a chance unless his old man funds it, but surely he would just invest in Aston Racing Mercedes Point

Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                          would be a pity. i would rather have perez remain in the sport than vettel tbh
                          I'd like to see them both stay really, but I think swapping out Perez would be a mistake. I think there are very few drivers who could do more with that Racing Point than Perez, he knows his way around the team, and brings money. But as Cplus says, logic rarely comes into it.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post

Not a chance unless his old man funds it, but surely he would just invest in Aston Racing Mercedes Point
                            Haas supplies lots of tooling/machinery that would suit a car manufacturer. Could also be seen as an opening into Mercedes, who supply to Aston Martin.

In return Haas gives Stroll Jnr an F1 ride for a few years.

(TM - AVENGE)

Comment

Haas need to do something fast.... they need to stop looking like wankers and go back to being rockstars.

At first I would have said, clear out both drivers for two new drivers who are actually fast.... but i think the car has been a major fkup and has just been on a downward spiral since their first season....
                              /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
                                Haas need to do something fast.... they need to stop looking like wankers and go back to being rockstars.

At first I would have said, clear out both drivers for two new drivers who are actually fast.... but i think the car has been a major fkup and has just been on a downward spiral since their first season....
                                They are in an interesting position. Their Dallara arrangement means in season development is limited.

Their Ferrari arrangement is great when the gear is competitive. But now that the Ferrari engine is miles down on grunt, with limited ability to recoup, it's reasonable to suggest they aren't going to have a very fun time this season.

The drivers - yep. If Perez gets the flick from Racing Point I'd be signing him up in a heartbeat. KMag is contracted for next year, so run him and Perez for a season (Haas seem to value driver stability..) and then consider flicking KMag. If Perez continues at RP, I'd consider Vettel if he came cheap, or one of the Ferrari Academy drivers, if Ferrari were willing to come to the party a little with engine costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X