No announcement yet.

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The path that Lewis has taken to the pinnacle of motorsport will surely have left it's mark on him and his mental "health". I mean, we all go through our own adolescence and continue to grow as we are influenced by various factors from within or without. Imagine trying to do that whilst also being pushed, not unwillingly, to be the the fastest most competitive driver in whichever class of motorsport you are intended to dominate. The whole of world dedication and devotion required to achieve what he has achieved leaves little mental or physical effort for "life".

Such a single mindedness will surely leave a deep mark on a person. We see that Nico Rosberg, having achieved the pinnacle of the sport and realise he didn't want to go through that again, promptly retired to live the high life and produce some insightfull podcasts.

If you might humour me for a moment, it is my contention that Michael Schumacher is alive and well, living in splendid isolation. Having been under the microscope for so long he was happy to find an excuse to withdraw completely.

Seasoned observers of F1 well know that when outside factors throw up challenges, like the slippery and wet Turkey track, then things get changed up a bit. The way that qualifying panned out put young Stroll on pole but at the end of the day Hamilton had taken his usual position.....he and the Mercedes team are simply that good. As for Bottas, we all have days where it just doesn't come together for us, he spun and trying to make up time overcooked it again, and again....he wasn't alone, but only he had a statistical chance of being world champion. He wasn't going to leave anything on the table.

Given how the lack of grip changes things, is it any wonder Bernie always wanted to be able to control sprinklers around the track? Call him what you like, he always had the best interests of entertainment at heart. Of course the more entertaining it was the more people would watch and the more money he made....
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Taking a record equalling 7th world championship by lapping your team mate is pure class. Well done to him

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
      Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Lewis and Schumi, both beaten by Rosberg in the same car lol.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I've really enjoyed the non tilkedrome tracks - shitty surfaces & weather that they seasonally try to avoid - mixes up the midfield nicely - if the rest of the field could get a bit closer to the merc, the combined effect might be pretty sweet
          This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
            People aren't really counting 2020 as a C'ship are they? Please tell me they're not...
            I'd say it counts more if you really want to create a shit argument to suit your narrative.

Mental health challenges associated with being isolated for so long
            Turning up and learning new tracks
            Originally posted by brasher
            TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

TJ going hard on gumpties on social media has been one added benefit of 7xLH44
              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                TJ going hard on gumpties on social media has been one added benefit of 7xLH44
                LOL ain't a thing for me - any I actually couldn't care less, just feel like burning some idiots.

Comment

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/featur...nterview-2002/

An interesting read from 5 years before he got to F1.

Comment

I was coming around to thinking he wasn't such a douchebag, but then this happens

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ton-brand.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
                      I was coming around to thinking he wasn't such a douchebag, but then this happens

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ton-brand.html
                      its a spastic case, but you are giving Lewis too much credit as a businessman (he is not)

Team LH is, his sports agents, marketing branding, training etc. The legal beagle team likely threw a quick case together to try and grab a ruling from European court regarding the rights to the name as there is no doubt he has a brand in the pipeline post motorsport and they(team LH.tm) don't want to risk a future lawsuit from the watch maker claiming that Hamilton branded 3/4 yeezy colab pants and mixtapes are infringing on their prestige watch brand that has been around since forever.

Its now considered a common name that you cannot reasonably expect to own the rights to.

Comment

I'm not a contract lawyer, but yeah, if the watch brand wasn't challenged, they may have tried to prevent the racing driver from stick his name on stuff.

I seem to remember Damon Hill tried to copywrite or trade mark his eyes because of some tricky reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post

its a spastic case, but you are giving Lewis too much credit as a businessman (he is not)

Team LH is, his sports agents, marketing branding, training etc. The legal beagle team likely threw a quick case together to try and grab a ruling from European court regarding the rights to the name as there is no doubt he has a brand in the pipeline post motorsport and they(team LH.tm) don't want to risk a future lawsuit from the watch maker claiming that Hamilton branded 3/4 yeezy colab pants and mixtapes are infringing on their prestige watch brand that has been around since forever.

Its now considered a common name that you cannot reasonably expect to own the rights to.

This

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
                          Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

/csh Racing

Comment

^ Brilliant
                              ---
                              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Sir Lewis Hamilton.
                                FFS.
                                So I guess we'll be hearing "Sir Lewis" constantly during race weekend commentary next year.
                                (assuming he is given the Knighthood as reported)

Comment

Working...
                                X