Super switched on guy.
    Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
      https://youtu.be/Pr3wgyNKst8
      Great listen.

Super switched on guy.
      Good to hear it’s a great listen. Just downloaded the podcast ready for my flight. Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Fully agree.

I cant see Brazil, USA, Mexico, or Japan going ahead, sadly
        Brazil is run by a nutbag - they won't stop F1 coming to town. And it would be unprecedented for F1 themselves to make the call to cancel a race on their calendar due to the local pandemic situation. It will go ahead.
        USA will more than likely also go ahead. They have pretty high levels of vaccination, and the state they're going to is one of the more lax about restrictions. I can't see that being a problem.
        Japan... They're obviously forging ahead with the Olympics regardless of public opinion. I'd be surprised if they cancel the F1 with a Japanese driver in a Japanese powered car. That won't have much public opposition over there! And it's a comparatively tiny event next to the Olympics, so much lower risk.

Australia on the other hand is highly unlikely because F1 won't quarantine all drivers, crew, and entourage for 2 weeks. They run their own Covid 19 protocols. I can't see Melbourne allowing them to do their own thing.
        Last edited by hrd; 15-06-21, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hrd View Post
          Australia on the other hand is highly unlikely because F1 won't quarantine all drivers, crew, and entourage for 2 weeks. They run their own Covid 19 protocols. I can't see Melbourne allowing them to do their own thing.
          Agree except for Melbourne’s weird pro-sport attitude. I guess if it isn’t AFL or tennis it’s not actually sport though

Comment

The clincher is that the event before Australia is Brazil. I can't see Melbourne allowing them to come in without 14 days quarantine coming straight from a country with Covid running wild. And there's only 10 or 11 days between Brazil's GP and FP1 in Aus...

Comment

Brazil is run by a nutbag - they won't stop F1 coming to town. And it would be unprecedented for F1 themselves to make the call to cancel a race on their calendar due to the local pandemic situation. It will go ahead.
              USA will more than likely also go ahead. They have pretty high levels of vaccination, and the state they're going to is one of the more lax about restrictions. I can't see that being a problem.
              Japan... They're obviously forging ahead with the Olympics regardless of public opinion. I'd be surprised if they cancel the F1 with a Japanese driver in a Japanese powered car. That won't have much public opposition over there! And it's a comparatively tiny event next to the Olympics, so much lower risk.

I ddnt think that they wouldnt go to Brazil due to Brazilian laws, I just figured that Liberty Media would have a duty of care to their thousands of Staff, and going to somewhere that covid is still burning like a wildfire in, and with extremely low testing and vaccination rates, seeing upwards of 60000 positive cases a day, would be considered negligent, as it would be all but impossible for the staff to not contract it travelling from the airports to their bubbles.

Im agreeing more and more with you everyday about USA going ahead, due to the higher vaccination rates, and dropping daily cases overall. Texas has only had 200 positive cases over the past day, so it really does appear that the jabs are working. Hopefully they do a double header there to make up for the loss of other races

Japan, Im still on the fence about, for the same reasons as Brazil due to extremely low testing rates hiding the true amount of cases roaming the streets. If it can be done safely, then Im all for it though

Sadly, I think there is no way for Australia to go ahead, even if they cancel Brazil, as the cost to quarantine that many people for 14 days would be considered cost prohibitive. Again, I hope I am wrong, and things improve globally in time to have the event go ahead, but the lead in time to set up the circuit is the biggest issue, as the cost and inconvenience involved in doing it all, for a "maybe" wont be very popular

Ill keep my fingers firmly crossed for all though

Comment

I think Australia is a maybe with the vaccine rollout, but it might be a vaccinated people only event. Also, if you look at the AFL they are making exemptions for them, albeit only at interstate level, when there are border closures in place. Fed govt might also be in the mood for a "Hey look the rest of the world has done xx international events successfully without issues, and F1 is by far the best demonstration so far of this''. I think it will more come down to whether Aus govt cooperate for F1 or make it too hard. If it's too difficult they'll (f1) just say "look, we gotta organise this now, so either it's a yes or no by xx date, or we're out". There was an article on Speedcafé a week or so ago setting out these exact deadlines, which I think is in the coming weeks?
                Last edited by RP_Automotive; 15-06-21, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Thats what I am hoping for.
                  .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Weird. Just drove around the Melbourne GP circuit and T9/10 complex is gone. It’s now just a big mound.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

The chance that in a few months time we’ll let a couple of thousand non citizens from covid hotspot enter the country without quarantine is up there with the chance one of us will win powerball this week. The only chance of an F1 race in Melbourne in November is that Brazil gets cancelled and the F1 circus agrees to, and Australia can logistically manage, everyone doing a full 14 days quarantine. The vaccination program in Aus isn’t remotely close to being far enough along to let people in without the full quarantine in November.

Comment

What if the f1 paddock is vaccinated? (which I suspect they are) Would that make a difference?
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

No chance the Aus GP is going to happen unless the election goes first.
                          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

I thought both sides of politics in Vic were pro the GP/events?

Dr Hoon

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                              What if the f1 paddock is vaccinated? (which I suspect they are) Would that make a difference?
                              No, it doesn’t. We don’t allow vaccinated travellers to bypass quarantine now because they still do get infected and pass on covid to others, there’s been quite a few vaccinated arrivals in quarantine who have tested positive. In order to bypass quarantine we need Australians to be vaccinated so in opening up the likely/expected first step will be once we’re vaccinated that vaccinated overseas arrivals will be able to have some other form of quarantine, eg quarantine at home, shorter quarantine until negative test etc. Bringing in a couple of thousand people from a covid hotspot without quarantine when we haven’t managed to give Australians their first shot?no chance, it would almost certainly cause an outbreak of a size that would require a lockdown. Electoral suicide at both state and federal level (because both would have to explicitly agree and change rules to allow it)

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                                A few months back, I would have said yes, but now, with the delta variant, even if they have all been vaccinated, it wont be as effective at stopping its spread.

Imagine the political fallout from allowing the circus in, and then a week later, there is a community spread of the delta variant, which gets traced back to one of the F1 staff...

Comment

Working...
                                X