V8 Supercar discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leothedrummer View Post

Nah, the start of race 2 with SVG being overtaken. Might have been Waters or Percat putting a move on him on lap one "SVG just got overtaken by Waters, he must have a problem". Maybe the cars are actually raceable for a change?

I thought races 2 and 3 were great fun, but not really sure I like that it takes a tyre lottery to get there. Definitely a step in the right direction though.
    Im cant be 100% sure, but presume that specific commentary would have been used because to be fair, its not a very common sight to see Shane get passed, let alone with a fairly easy move.

In regard to the tyres, its not really a lottery as such, when all teams had exactly the same amount of tyres, and had to choose where/when to use them to maximise their weekend. Some did a better job than others, but I understand your point

Originally posted by St00ge View Post
    Giz was limping in some of the footage I saw, what was the issue in the end?
    He was simply driving to the tyre condition he had at that point in time, knowing that if he tried to push too hard, he would finish in an even worse place that 7th or 6th. The soft tyres and that circuit were always going to lead to massive tyre deg, but that added to the event imho.

The aero wash was still extreme though, so a lot more work needs to be done in that area before the racing is going to close up without using tyres as a differentiator

Comment

Umm I was asking about his limp which was shown when he was walking back into the garage on the tv.

Comment

Originally posted by St00ge View Post
        Umm I was asking about his limp which was shown when he was walking back into the garage on the tv.
        Oh sorry, I completely misunderstood your question

It was a training injury he suffered last week, from what was said.

Also, as an aside, the race at Hidden Valley will be allowing 4500 fans to attend, for each day.

Do you think you will have to be an NT resident to get a ticket, or will they allow people to travel interstate to attend? That seems a little risky to me, given whats been happening in VIC lately. Thought?
        Last edited by Mr Ree; 30-06-20, 01:11 PM.

Comment

you would think it would be NT only if there was some form of sensible around, but you never know.
          if they are letting fans in, will that mean a lift on crew restrictions / support categories?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Oh sorry, I completely misunderstood your question

It was a training injury he suffered last week, from what was said.
            Ah sweet, didn't seem too serious but only caught a few bits of the racing over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post
              you would think it would be NT only if there was some form of sensible around, but you never know.
              if they are letting fans in, will that mean a lift on crew restrictions / support categories?
              From my understanding, there wont be support categories, or increased team numbers, just fans allowed, but they cant get into the paddock, to keep them, and then staff separated.

Comment

From my understanding, there wont be support categories, or increased team numbers, just fans allowed, but they cant get into the paddock, to keep them, and then staff separated.
                would be a long day on the cans, cooking in the sun waiting for at best 4-5 sessions a day.
                im sure i was reading there was proposed supports at winton, but that is all up in the air due to the #VLM lock down and qld building a new boarder wall.

Comment

to be fair, its not a very common sight to see Shane get passed, let alone with a fairly easy move.
                  Yep that's kinda my point. It isn't a common sight but there's no reason why it shouldn't be. Drivers should be able to have a lunge, complete a pass and then if the other guy is faster then he should be able to fight his way back again.

Anyway I'm being a bit nitpicky. The Sunday racing was great and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Agree with what you said on aero wash though.
                  BMW E21 Racer

ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

Comment

Originally posted by leothedrummer View Post

Yep that's kinda my point. It isn't a common sight but there's no reason why it shouldn't be. Drivers should be able to have a lunge, complete a pass and then if the other guy is faster then he should be able to fight his way back again.

Anyway I'm being a bit nitpicky. The Sunday racing was great and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Agree with what you said on aero wash though.
                    It's a valid point. Percat's win in the 2nd race was the first time in 30 races that the race was not won by DJRTP or 888... says a lot about the series....
                    /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post

It's a valid point. Percat's win in the 2nd race was the first time in 30 races that the race was not won by DJRTP or 888... says a lot about the series....
                      No different to when HRT used to win everything.
                      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

No different to when HRT used to win everything.
                        and what came about after that domination?? Project Blueprint

/csh Racing

Comment

bye bye winton, maybe all the teams need to be based at SMSP for the season, and take over the local rydges, NRL style

Comment

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post
                            bye bye winton, maybe all the teams need to be based at SMSP for the season, and take over the local rydges, NRL style
                            Wonder if Supercars will be heading to The Bend with their tales between their legs now...
                            /csh Racing

Comment

if SA lets them in!

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post

Wonder if Supercars will be heading to The Bend with their tales between their legs now...
                                Half season at SMSP with multiple Co dogs and second half at The Bend with multiple configs...only circuits with accomodation. Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X