V8 Supercar discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
    I consider myself a pretty faithful follower of the sport, and I've never heard of this guy. Seeing his sticker on some famous cars and next to big co-driver names has shocked me.

He mustn't have been that good, maybe? LOL
    Haha my thoughts exactly...I have watched almost every race since the early 90's and didnt recognise the name at all, but then looking at his photo rang a bell....I think?

I think that the issue is NZ didnt get the full broadcasts back then, so I doubt I would have seen the utes and Konica lights.

His credentials show he can clearly steer pretty well though

Comment

Probably better known for his days in IP in the 808 wagon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15-1024x673.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	7297353
      2018 Golf R Wolfsburg Edition Wagon
      2016 Golf GTi Performance

Comment

Yep I remember him mainly from his IP days, mainly known for being very quick but hard on the car and tyres from memory. I think that lack of mechanical sympathy may have impacted the success of his V8 Supercar career too.

Comment

I remember watching him flogging that wagon around Oran Park and every few laps he clipped the wall with the right rear quarter coming sideways out of the final corner. That thing was quick.
          Originally posted by Rdyno
          It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Looks like the NSW SMP bubble is on. quadruple header to be held at SMP folowed by the Bathurst week.
            Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
            Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
              Looks like the NSW SMP bubble is on. quadruple header to be held at SMP folowed by the Bathurst week.
              I think that is the best idea given what we are working with currently.

Sure, it would be nice to have 5 different races to end the year, but the logistics of pulling that off, without anymore covid issues affecting plans is slim to best, so priority must be given to getting the minimum number of rounds in to crown a champion and make 2021 worth the stress and expense the teams and management have gone through.

I wonder if they will mix up the tyre allocations at SMP to ensure some variability to the quad header?

Comment

Seems they couldn't get a deal with QR happening. Whether that was QR or Supercars issue remains to be seen. I am sure someone will come out and blame the other for "not making a deal happen" and how QLD got shafted etc etc. It also means that one round will clash with Challenge Bathurst in Mid-November......
                Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

All a bit shit really but fuck all to be done about it I sposse.
                  Does Bathurst have a date yet?

Comment

Wayne Wakefield also raced in V8 utes and the Konica series as well as GT Production.
                    I remember hearing his name on Speedweek back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Its me View Post
                      All a bit shit really but fuck all to be done about it I sposse.
                      Does Bathurst have a date yet?
                      Yep its Nov 30 to Dec 5th

Comment

Hopefully I’m in Raro/bugger I’m in Raro.

Comment

4 rounds rounds at SMP.

Well that's gonna fucking suck.
                          Originally posted by brasher
                          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Supposed to be a combination of day/night and different layouts. But yeah still shit.

Should just cancel the season, run Bathurst as a stand-alone race and then start again next year.
                            CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                              Supposed to be a combination of day/night and different layouts. But yeah still shit.

Should just cancel the season, run Bathurst as a stand-alone race and then start again next year.
                              Are they still going to press-on with bringing Gen3 in mid-2022? There was talk this week of parts being delayed on the way to Aus... surely just do the change-over at the end of 2022. Surely?
                              Right now I'm eating scrambled egg. With a comb! Out of a shoe!

Comment

Originally posted by fro View Post

Are they still going to press-on with bringing Gen3 in mid-2022? There was talk this week of parts being delayed on the way to Aus... surely just do the change-over at the end of 2022. Surely?
                                Yep I really can’t see how they’re gonna do a mid season swap over, it’s a logistical nightmare….not that everything isn’t atm. Past few years are a write off, and 2022 is still gonna be a bit sketchy, so I would best to use it as a ‘get back on your feet’ season where everyone is familiar with the equipment they’re running, then being Gen3 in. If Gen3 really is ready mid season then they’ll have heaps of opportunities to show it to the crowds, run a few cars around as exhibitions at race em events and all of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X