V8 Supercar discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    Gen2 comes in next year. Engines do not need to be a v8 hence why the series is no longer called V8Supercars... they dropped the V8 from the name earlier in the week.
    Are any of the manufactures actually going to be involved?

What's the bet we switch to GT3?

According to Wikipedia, apparently a typical v8supercar costs $450,000AUD without the engine. For just 50k more, you can get a complete Mercedes SLS GT3 or McLaren 650s gt3.
    Originally posted by XXX19X
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

Comment

It still provides good entertainment, but it's getting increasingly difficult to see how they can continue on without any manufacturer support. On that, given the size of our market on a global scale, it's easy to see why manufacturers would be reluctant to invest in the series. Not sure how Gen 2 will change things, guess time will tell.
      2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
      2016 Golf GTi Performance

Comment

Anyone else see a BTCC style category running alongside a GT3 style category here instead of the v8s?
        AFAK all the cars that run in the BTCC are available for sale here, so you have relavence here that you might not get in the GT3 category (and if you look back at Australian racing, we've always been into a 'production based' car racing).
        Originally posted by XXX19X
        Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

Comment

The future of a clone series, locally, without the budget that something like NASCAR demands and brings is never going to work, when V8's is already too expensive for most.

GT3, production-esque, cheaper, factory backing potential, world class comparative. It is the only logical direction IMO.

Comment

bring Group A back
            Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
            I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

pack of assholes
              Originally posted by brasher
              TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                pack of arseholes
                Fixed

I'd pay to go to every BTCC style event I could. I've turned down free pits passes to V8 Supercars.
                Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
                  The future of a clone series, locally, without the budget that something like NASCAR demands and brings is never going to work, when V8's is already too expensive for most.

GT3, production-esque, cheaper, factory backing potential, world class comparative. It is the only logical direction IMO.
                  It wouldn't be too expensive if they stuck to the fucking plan they had originally. Factory motors in factor cars, bared out to stop the occupants becoming jam spread in the event of a collision.
                  Originally posted by oioioioioi
                  I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                  Originally posted by Sketchy
                  Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post

I can't see gt3 being "cheaper" when they have to start running the number/type of races that the v8s do.

Originally posted by Shitbreak View Post
                    Are any of the manufactures actually going to be involved?

What's the bet we switch to GT3?

According to Wikipedia, apparently a typical v8supercar costs $450,000AUD without the engine. For just 50k more, you can get a complete Mercedes SLS GT3 or McLaren 650s gt3.

Pricing up repair costs after a full season like in the supercars, I can see the carbon bills being very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Soopy View Post
                      It wouldn't be too expensive if they stuck to the fucking plan they had originally. Factory motors in factor cars, bared out to stop the occupants becoming jam spread in the event of a collision.
                      We have that class already, can't see it being the top motorsport category in Australian anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by St00ge View Post
                        We have that class already, can't see it being the top motorsport category in Australian anymore.
                        Fucks me why, its fantastic to watch. As is the MuscleCar masters.
                        I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                        Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Originally posted by Shitbreak View Post
                          Anyone else see a BTCC style category running alongside a GT3 style category here instead of the v8s?
                          AFAK all the cars that run in the BTCC are available for sale here, so you have relavence here that you might not get in the GT3 category (and if you look back at Australian racing, we've always been into a 'production based' car racing).
                          BTCC is essentially what our supercars series are... the cars all have the same control suspension front and rear, (exactly the same between the models, the front of the cars are chopped off and the tube frame toca suspension package is bolted to the firewall. same with the rear) and you can choose to develop your own engine or use the toca engine... only difference is their engines are 2l, ours are 5l v8 currently.

EDIT: here you go:

/csh Racing

Comment

Do cunts still end up on their lid every other race in the BTCC?

Comment

Fucken 'ell. Future's looking a bit dim tbh. GT3's are shit. I cant relate to no Mclaren. No money in the bank for that shit. At least I could look at second hand Volvos or some such.

Maybe a BTCC or WTCC coming, but fuck me, none of those cars are what you'd call inspiring. Lets race fleet cars!

Rant done.

Comment

Originally posted by Soopy View Post
                                Do cunts still end up on their lid every other race in the BTCC?
                                No, but there is more contact in BTCC, pushing to pass etc..

Originally posted by Its me View Post
                                Fucken 'ell. Future's looking a bit dim tbh. GT3's are shit. I cant relate to no Mclaren. No money in the bank for that shit. At least I could look at second hand Volvos or some such.

Maybe a BTCC or WTCC coming, but fuck me, none of those cars are what you'd call inspiring. Lets race fleet cars!

Rant done.
                                WTCC will be the next to go.... they're already wanting to cut costs because they're unable to attract manufacturers/privateers... Give it another year, it'll be gone again... for the second time...
                                /csh Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X