Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V8 Supercar discussion thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by awdmoke View Post
    Fixed

    I'd pay to go to every BTCC style event I could. I've turned down free pits passes to V8 Supercars.
    You're a sick cunt
    MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
    F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

    Comment


      go back to how it was in the late 80s.
      I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
      WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
      robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

      Comment


        None of this really matters. Nobody goes to the circuit rounds and nobody watches on TV. Sad end to something that has been awesome for my entire life.

        Comment


          Problem with getting people to actually go to watch is the cost.

          In Sydney there is eastern creek or homebush. The creek is a shit venue to watch at and i havent see the V8s there so i cant comment on cost.

          Went to the V8s at homebush two years ago. Ticket to get in the gate was about $100 from memory. General admission no access to any grand stand seating. That was alot more expensive.

          They actually had barriers up near the grand stand areas that stopped GA ticket holders viewing the track at those locations. Seriously?

          Food was fuck off expensive and was $10 for a mid strength beverage.

          So for me to go by myself maybe have 5 beers and a feed was well over $150.

          Talk about loosing focus on who your target audience is. $80 a ticket access to anywhere/stadium. Half decent food for $8 and $6 full strength beers. Place would be packed.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Its me View Post
            Fucken 'ell. Future's looking a bit dim tbh. GT3's are shit. I cant relate to no Mclaren. No money in the bank for that shit. At least I could look at second hand Volvos or some such.

            Maybe a BTCC or WTCC coming, but fuck me, none of those cars are what you'd call inspiring. Lets race fleet cars!

            Rant done.
            Has it not occurred to you that the cars you might find appealing, like the Commodore and Falcon, are about to go the way of the dodo bird?

            If you're looking for cars we can race that related to what's on the road, the Falcodore is no longer it.
            Originally posted by brewdles
            In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mr Flibberty Gibbets View Post
              Has it not occurred to you that the cars you might find appealing, like the Commodore and Falcon, are about to go the way of the dodo bird?

              If you're looking for cars we can race that related to what's on the road, the Falcodore is no longer it.
              Ya don't say.

              But who wants to watch re-branded daewoos?

              So what's it gonna be? Mustang v Camaro? Must be tough formulating this kinda thing but unless they got something good they're not telling us it all looks like a bit of a cock up.
              .

              Comment


                Originally posted by Bigmuz View Post
                None of this really matters. Nobody goes to the circuit rounds and nobody watches on TV. Sad end to something that has been awesome for my entire life.
                yep.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Bigmuz View Post
                  None of this really matters. Nobody goes to the circuit rounds and nobody watches on TV. Sad end to something that has been awesome for my entire life.
                  Yep, I haven't watched it in years besides the odd Bathurst. It honestly got boring, a long freight train with minimal passing and drivers getting penalised for looking sideways...
                  Originally posted by oioioioioi
                  I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                  Originally posted by Sketchy
                  Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

                  Comment


                    lol bunch of motorsport snob, been pretty good racing at most rounds this year so far..

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Bigmuz View Post
                      None of this really matters. Nobody goes to the circuit rounds and nobody watches on TV. Sad end to something that has been awesome for my entire life.
                      Agree it's a sad end. I still watch on tv, the Foxtel coverage is actually about 3 million times better than the shit the commercial networks dished up. Support categories have some good racing too which we now get to see.

                      Just not sure how they'll sell the series in the future given no-one seems to have a clue what it will look like. The fuckheads running the show must be awfully concerned right about now...
                      The older i get, the better i was...

                      Comment


                        Gary Rogers on a podcast...are Volvo staying or going.

                        http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/0DEBCd.mp3
                        Disclaimer :- this post is satirical and is for entertainment purposes only. !!1!!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Soopy View Post
                          Fucks me why, its fantastic to watch. As is the MuscleCar masters.
                          You think the current V8s are expensive for what they are, don't ask any of the top runners in the MCM what they spend!!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by St00ge View Post
                            lol bunch of motorsport snob, been pretty good racing at most rounds this year so far..
                            This
                            Originally posted by brasher
                            TJ is 99% African American.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by St00ge View Post
                              You think the current V8s are expensive for what they are, don't ask any of the top runners in the MCM what they spend!!
                              I don't think the V8SC are expensive for what they are. They are just expensive and that is touted as being an issue for them.
                              Originally posted by oioioioioi
                              I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                              Originally posted by Sketchy
                              Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

                              Comment


                                I think there's a lot more to be taken into consideration than just 'what existing category can we take on'. I'd love to see discussions on things like different (longer) race formats, open tyre formula, multi-class racing and most important of all, is it a parity series or isn't it?
                                BMW E21 Racer

                                ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X