Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Banzai View Post
    Stokell wins in the Lotus and SPDRCR was 4th outright in his Lotus.

The V6 Exiges are a very different proposition to the older 4 cylinder Elises and Exiges for Targa Events. The extra weight, extra power, longer wheel base and well tuned driving aids make the V6s very capable cars in these events. They are still easier on brakes and tyres than most of the competition too.

SPDRCR also did bloody well at the Targa GBR last year and the Lotus have been going pretty well at other targa and road events, especially with various class victories.
    nice!
    /reminds self to take another stokell driver training day

Leave a comment:

• boosted
    replied
    As a spectator targa has lost it. Countless tour cars driving slower than I would on a Sunday drive and a small burst of competition cars in comparison.

The competition cars are as good as ever but (what I see as) the classics are becoming rarer and rarer. Which is a shame.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    Stokell wins in the Lotus and SPDRCR was 4th outright in his Lotus.

The V6 Exiges are a very different proposition to the older 4 cylinder Elises and Exiges for Targa Events. The extra weight, extra power, longer wheel base and well tuned driving aids make the V6s very capable cars in these events. They are still easier on brakes and tyres than most of the competition too.

SPDRCR also did bloody well at the Targa GBR last year and the Lotus have been going pretty well at other targa and road events, especially with various class victories.

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    Have been hooked up. Thanks Marlin. We have a fkn race on our hands.

Leave a comment:

• Marlin
    replied
    Mozz has a good Facebook page running BP.

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    A couple of the links I follow.

This for some info from on the ground.

https://targalive.com/

And here for the stage by stage and overall results.

http://www.rallyresults.com.au/targa...rVal=8707&oa=0

Stokell is doing a great job in the Lotus. But as said I was told he punted on soft tyres. Of the roads dry out it might get interesting. The Vipers runs soft Khumo too so they are also flying in the wet. Closey has complained in the past about a lack of choice for rubber for the porka given the 21Ē rears.

Leave a comment:

• BLO 767
    replied
    Just when you think the Porkas are bloody quick! What a weapon.

My bucket list event.

Targa website is so ass. Bit of a refresh and love wouldn't go astray.

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    Wow,

Stokell pulls out another 30secs out of Close through Hell Yeah. (Hellyer Gorge) Itís a fkn speedboat. 😂

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    Hey Summoner,

Sadly my first and last tugga was 2011. Now just follow with interest from the sidelines. Would love to get back but as I am sure you can appreciate itís quite an undertaking.

Leave a comment:

• summoner
    replied
    Interesting to keep tabs on this.

Haven't done a targa in over a decade sadly. Amazing event.

All the best Darkside, evening finishing (especially when it gets wet) is a solid outcome.

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    Well a character building day thus far. Has been the first proper wet targa for a while. EDIT: Targa Live lead me astray. Stokel gambled on a soft tyre option that appears to be paying off in the wet. Pulling heaps of time out of Close. Now has approx 38 sec lead. Pritchard/Mourant GT3rs has crashed out. All ok. Morton finds himself in 3rd in GT2. Race of attrition. Kennard third outright in the 35 GTR.

Still a long way to go.

Leave a comment:

• sirhsv
    replied
    Originally posted by dougmo View Post
    some action already after the end of day two
    YT had an issue on stage earlier in the day, now 10 mins down

1st - glenney
    2nd - close
    3rd - Pritchard
    stokell - 4th

the pace looks hot already
    Hate to say it but I didnít know Targa Tassie was on until I saw your post .

Leave a comment:

• rowdytoot
    replied
    PF's own Jeff Morton (SPDRCR) sitting in 5th only 3 seconds on 4th O/R also in a Lotus.

darkside- agree Glenneys thing looked like a complete nightmare at the limit!

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    Yeah George,

And now Glenney crashed out. That Lotus might be a good thing on track but IMHO itís no tarmac rally car. Looks as nervous as fuck. Captain Close in a good position but some very wet weather to come so anything could happen. Was snow on Arrowsmith last week. Going to be a challenging few days. Was also bad luck for Nunn in early modern. Was schooling them in the 996 turbo and then blew a ball joint. Never hurts to have a bit of luck on your side in these events.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X