Wtac 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only do Yoko make slicks, they've run them at WTAC a few years ago for the 1 off Nissan GTR class.
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

Comment

I'm very keen to get back there again this year after missing last two due to blah blah. Think our time has probably passed but just want to have the car solid before the event and get somewhere near potential with new donk and hopefully new aero. Probably be saying this same time next year...shoot me if that's the case.

Comment

On the slim chance it would be accepted, might enter the Taxi next year if funds allow.
        BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

What class? I'd say they'd let you in unless you have something massively different from what rules allow.

Comment

Originally posted by 333pg333 View Post
            What class? I'd say they'd let you in unless you have something massively different from what rules allow.
            Clubsprint. It is road registered, and I will drive to the track as usual.
            I really enjoyed the AUST Timeattack event I did at Wakefield this month, that loosely followed the same rules as WTA (except allowed any brand of over 140 treadwear tyre, so I chose Hankook RS3, half the price of AD08R)
            Might even get serious and take the air conditioner out.

Under no illusions that I will place anywhere other than bottom of the pack, but goal would be a PB in the 1.47's, and if achieved, I'd be very happy with that.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

That's good 101 you only want PB because combination of you and that bucket of whale blubber
              you drive up against heavily tuned JDM junk zero chance. Better off in the BMW thing providing
              it dose not fall into limp mode.

Comment

Originally posted by turbosurfer View Post
                That's good 101 you only want PB because combination of you and that bucket of whale blubber
                you drive up against heavily tuned JDM junk zero chance. Better off in the BMW thing providing
                it dose not fall into limp mode.
                Fuck you're a sad, negative cunt.
                I feel pity.
                Have you thought of something bigger yet?, as you quoted (yourself) in your own sig.

Comment

Originally posted by 333pg333 View Post
                  Not only do Yoko make slicks, they've run them at WTAC a few years ago for the 1 off Nissan GTR class.
                  Because they couldn't get 20in A050s.

Also Robaphent, lol at baseball world series. WTAC is way more international than your half-arse meme makes out.
                  Originally posted by piss98
                  I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Jesus that R35 class was boring.

Comment

I dips me lid to the organisers for how far they've taken this event and that it's still going. There's always going to be haters and to be honest, try as they might, quali laps are never going to be as exciting as door to door stuff. They resist the slicks and seem really determined on this but perhaps it will only take one really bad accident to change that. That the Pro class cars are 6-8 secs faster than V8's and GTs etc and still only on street legal rubber with massive downforce just doesn't seem right. Tilton popped a few tyres but that could be the way Garth manhandled the kerbs and they weren't new tyres...still....

Comment

Originally posted by 2rismo View Post

Also Robaphent, lol at baseball world series. WTAC is way more international than your half-arse meme makes out.

Technically world series baseball is more international then WTAC, event travels to other countries and has international players. how many counties WTAC been to?

it reminds me of WCW vs WWF each with there own world champion, i would say the European world champion is the better then a WTAC world champion for the whole fact of 8 events over 4 countries and a large international field. but that is just my opinion.

no need to cry about it, any racing is good racing.
                        CISCOKIDS
                        The Gentlemen's Club
                        Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
                          On the slim chance it would be accepted, might enter the Taxi next year if funds allow.
                          clubsprint full this year.

38 spots. 80 entries already lol

pf 2018 wtac lets go lol

Comment

Originally posted by 2rismo View Post
                            Exactly, but they do have slicks and they could use them for WTAC and not upset Yokohama. So it would seem that it's a rock solid adherence to some ideal or connection to the Japanese tuner scene.

Comment

I keep hearing whispers that some awesome demo car is coming this year, but nobody will tell me what it is..

my 3 guesses

Ken Block in the mustang
                              Loeb in the Pug-ot pikes peak car
                              Ricciardo in an F1 car

Oo___oO

Comment

IMHO, move pro and pro-am onto slicks, clubsprint onto medium compound AO50s, keep open on soft AO50s.

Sticking to the whole semi thing because street tyre is ridiculous. Way over the top aero, practically space frame, no lights, no glass, no steel panels. But street legal tyres yo.
                                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X