Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Isn't that clubsprint?

RP968 would be killer on the ring with it's active suspension.

Where do the all the tyres end up from this? I'd like to get my hands on some used/scrubbed A050 mediums. Too inexperienced to buy into a new set.

Comment

Be pretty funny seeing some of these cars trying to get through the carousel at the Ring with those ridiculous front wings.
      Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
        Be pretty funny seeing some of these cars trying to get through the carousel at the Ring with those ridiculous front wings.
        Lots of snapped carbon haha.
        Anyone driving down?
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

I'm tempted to drive the green car down if it is ready and I'm not too busy with work.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

ill be driving down. all 10kms of it haha
            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
            The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
              I'm tempted to drive the green car down if it is ready and I'm not too busy with work.
              we're heading to coffs on the wednesday night then trundling around southern nsw on the thursday if anyone wants to join us for a stint/bring a recovery vehicle because we will be in dumb cars
              Originally posted by trdee View Post
              lol! bit shorter than our trip :p
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                thats what... about an hour? hour and half drive in Sydney??? :p
                /csh Racing

Comment

it takes me 40mins to 1hr to drive 14kms to work in the morning from parramatta to mac park. dont make jokes
                  1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                  The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR View Post
                    In slightly related news, Andre Heimgartner broke the 20 year old outright lap record in the MCA Hammerhead at Queensland Raceways last Thursday. Andre only had a few sessions in the car on the short tracks, before having a crack at the National Circuit during the lunch break of the Time Attack event. He recorded a 1:04.03, which bettered the previous record of 1:04.06 previously held by Simon Wills in a Holden Reynard 94D.

https://www.facebook.com/AHRacing/vi...9638897192569/
                    Doesn't break the track's lap record. Lap records are set in races. That old Formula Holden time was set on the last lap of a 22 lap race.

It probably isn't the outright record for the track either - you'd assume someone went faster in qualifying or at some test day somewhere along the way. Those times aren't recorded anywhere because like the MCA time, they don't count for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by hrd View Post
                      Doesn't break the track's lap record. Lap records are set in races. That old Formula Holden time was set on the last lap of a 22 lap race.

It probably isn't the outright record for the track either - you'd assume someone went faster in qualifying or at some test day somewhere along the way. Those times aren't recorded anywhere because like the MCA time, they don't count for anything.
                      I know that's the usual stipulation behind an official lap record, but given that Time Attack cars don't "race" as such, they will never be in a situation to post a lap time in those conditions, and therefore never been officially accredited with a lap record. Regardless of whether or not it's officially a lap record, it's an extremely quick time that puts the performance capabilities of these cars into perspective, and shows where MCA are at with the development of their car.

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                      Anyone driving down?
                      Couldn't afford the extra time off work, so flying down on Thursday morning.
                      2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                      2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                      2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post
                        ^Isn't that clubsprint?
                        Thought maybe one above that, i guess suzuki under is a good example with his old car, using stock strut tower's and everything you can buy off the shelf and build yourself. hardly a custom tube framed car.

none the less, i feel i have jumped ship a bit in regards to my thoughts on the situation and i'm enjoying the tilton's and MCA's,ect even though there is only like 10% of the orginal car left
                        CISCOKIDS
                        The Gentlemen's Club
                        Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by TCR View Post
                          I know that's the usual stipulation behind an official lap record, but given that Time Attack cars don't "race" as such, they will never be in a situation to post a lap time in those conditions, and therefore never been officially accredited with a lap record. Regardless of whether or not it's officially a lap record, it's an extremely quick time that puts the performance capabilities of these cars into perspective, and shows where MCA are at with the development of their car.
                          I'm honestly amazed they're not miles faster than the old Formula Holdens race pace over 1 lap. 1200bhp/980kg, wider (all up) stickier tyres that will only do one hot lap at a time, and utterly insane amounts of aero.

Comment

I think it just shows how much of a difference it makes to truly build as a race car from the ground up. Despite the massive engineering that goes into Time attack cars, having a huge cabin originally designed to sit 5 people (uncomfortably) is a huge chunk of a compromise.

Comment

Letís not forget TA cars are on yokie 050 street legal tyres and not on race slicks. Be no doubt of time to be had on a full slick.

If I still find myself gainfully unemployed by WTAC, the plan is to pop down and support the big fella in his Vic Time Attack RX7. Apparently I can help with data analysis. Time to watch some motec webinars and practice on some of my data 😁

Comment

yeah slicks that had done 22 race laps when they set that record. I doubt the hammerhead would be faster on a set of slicks in that sort of hard compound, let alone after 22 consecutive race laps worth of wear and degradation.

Comment

Working...
                                X