No announcement yet.

Indycar Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man some of the clips from the Indycar official Facebook page have me hooked. The lap in the wet onboard, not stupid music or commentators, was bloody awesome. I'm getting reeled in and I think I'm gonna have to watch a few more races. Drivers are super busy with the wheel too....no time to enter Mode D, 8, option 6714367 like in F1.

Edit: This one: https://fb.watch/67DN0ZdZwW/ Love it when he smashes the limiter :D

Comment

For sure!!! Marco's lap that day was making even my bum pucker up....he came SO CLOSE to the wall on the penultimate corner too haha

TBH, I think that the racing in Indycar has been outstanding for years, but with the never ending supply of the new generation who are so on top of their game from the day they get in the car, the racing just keeps on getting better with everylap that passes.

This year we have had 7 different winners in 8 races, and 4 of which are the new breed being first time winners...the sport is in great hands

And this weekend, we have Road America

Comment

Another two good races this weekend

Super happy to see Oliver Askew get called back up by McLaren

IndyCar just continues to deliver each weekend - you never know who going to Win

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
          Another two good races this weekend

Super happy to see Oliver Askew get called back up by McLaren

IndyCar just continues to deliver each weekend - you never know who going to Win
          I was happy to see him given the opportunity to get back in the car too

Did you happen to hear why they retired him though? At the time, I figured it was mechanical, but I havent heard anything else about it.

Comment

Kmag!
            Originally posted by brasher
            TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

I wonder why he was given the seat over Askew, given it will be a baptism of fire? One might suspect that they are trying him out, to get an idea about whether he will hit the ground running, with a possible full time drive in the future?

Im sure KMag and RGro will have a chuckle together over the weekend

EDIT: I just realised why Arrow McLaren didnt use Askew to replace Rosenqvist....because he was already called up to sub for Rinus Veekay after he broke he collar bone in a cycling accident yesterday
              Last edited by Mr Ree; 17-06-21, 06:50 AM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMcYeU_uBQA

Great watch.

Comment

Grosjean fastest in first practice

notbadobama.jpeg

Comment

Newgarden on Pole, with Colton next to him. 2 other Penskes in the top 6 too...maybe they can win their first race of the season tomorrow morning

Comment

Well that first win of the season for Penske just keeps on eluding them...hard not to feel for Newgarden as he has come within touching distance of the win for the past two races, only for something to happen in the final laps.

Alex Palou looked like he was a bit faster than Newgarden, but hadnt managed to find his way past, until the restart with 2 laps to go. He now leads the championship by 36 points over Pato O'Ward, with Dixon 51 behind.

I was stoked to see Dixon manage to do what he does best and pull a great race result out of a really tough qualifying session...starting 13th, and finishing 4th

The Toronto round has now been officially cancelled, so this year will be a 16 race championship, provided covid doesnt force any further changes

Comment

Good race this morning well deserved win for Newgarden and Penske - then a Ganassi 2-3-4 (Great to Ericsson getting results finally)

There something about watching Will Power spin out that just makes me smile

Pretty sure Hinch and RHR won't be at Andretti next year

I think we are in for a close finish to the season

Comment

It wasst anywhere near as exciting as I was hoping for at Mid Ohio, with the front 6 cars all spaced apart by circa 1.5 secs during the ffirst couple of stints, but was glad to see JoNew take his first win, especially given his poor start to the season, and almost winning the past two races...he has really clawed his way back into championship contention, but will probably require Palou to DNF one of the coming races for it to be a real possibility.

Agree on the great results for CGR and Ericsson finding his feet too

Scotty seems to be floating around tjust behind the top ten, but sadly not really finding enough pace to challenge and move forward during the races. Hopefully the last 6 races of the season are good for him.

Comment

https://racer.com/2021/07/07/a-messa...-robin-miller/

Comment

Dale Coyne Racing have just announced that Romain will be entering his first short oval race, at Gateway in August.

I hope he gets through the whole event without getting caught up in any issues, as that will help build his confidence to race the whole of next years schedule, including the super speedways.

If he finds the wall in a big way, I expect that along with his family, he will decide that just sticking to the road and street courses is the best course of action.

Comment

Agreed. Awesome news.

Comment

Working...
                                X