X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Ree
    replied
    He has always expressed an interest in racing in seppo land, and as his partner, now wife, lives there, it gives him even more reason to give things a go I think.

Leave a comment:

• RP_Automotive
    replied
    I thought he might be getting a bit bored of V8SC.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Scott McLaughlin is going to be testing an Indycar at Sebring on January the 13th as part of a rookie test day.

I figured that when the time comes for him to leave VASC, he would be more likely to race in the IMSA series, and had never considered he would want to go to open wheelers, but watch this space, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• sirhsv
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post

100% he goes to Peugeot for there Hypercar program
    Oh yeah I’d be mega surprised if he wasn’t signed by them.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi EK4
    replied
    Originally posted by sirhsv View Post
    It’s Indycars loss but IMSA’s gain with him picking up a ride with JDC Miller in a Cadillac. Good way of keeping match fit til he gets picked up by Peugeot for their upcoming Le Mans HyperCar programme
    100% he goes to Peugeot for there Hypercar program

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    He was signed within 4 hours

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Yes, I have no doubts that he wont struggle to find a seat elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• sirhsv
    replied
    It’s Indycars loss but IMSA’s gain with him picking up a ride with JDC Miller in a Cadillac. Good way of keeping match fit til he gets picked up by Peugeot for their upcoming Le Mans HyperCar programme

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Originally posted by TJ View Post
    Seb Bourdais out due to money. A shame.
    A big shame that a 4 time CART champion loses his seat due to a lack of funding. No champion should ever need to bring funding.

The global motorsport model is so broken, but I fear the horse has bolted long ago, and it will always be this way moving forward

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    Seb Bourdais out due to money. A shame.

Leave a comment:

• Gary2JZ
    replied
    This is pretty funny.

https://www.facebook.com/12willpower...type=2&theater

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi EK4
    replied
    I don't think Rodger owning this Brickyard is going to create any unfair advantage - Penskes Indy car teams main goal each season is to win the Indy 500 anything else is secondary

Hopefully they can lock down a international event or tow to get the season kicked off a bit earlier + bring back the Mile
    Last edited by Kiwi EK4; 08-11-19, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sirhsv
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Im sure there will be murmurings from the other teams about conflicts of interest, but RP seems like a straight shooter who would get no joy from winning through an unfair advantage.

Roll on 2020
    I can’t see there being any big problems with conflict of interest given Penske’s history as a straight shooter as you put it. I see him being kinda like Don Panoz when he owned American Le Mans Series. Had a team competing in the series but never crossed the line. Every win was well earnt there.

Leave a comment:

• Gary2JZ
    replied
    Big fan of this

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Agreed. Far better to have the series, and its crown jewel, owned by somebody who genuinely loves the sport, rather than somebody who sees it as a way to potentially make some money.

Im sure there will be murmurings from the other teams about conflicts of interest, but RP seems like a straight shooter who would get no joy from winning through an unfair advantage.

Roll on 2020

Leave a comment:

Working...
X