No announcement yet.

snowy river sprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you end up doing this clutch monkey? I'm considering doing the Tour Category in one of the ATR events in the next 12 months, and would like to any more opinions on those that have done it previously.

https://www.australiantarmacrally.com/
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
    2016 Golf GTi Performance

Comment

Originally posted by TCR View Post
      Did you end up doing this clutch monkey? I'm considering doing the Tour Category in one of the ATR events in the next 12 months, and would like to any more opinions on those that have done it previously.

https://www.australiantarmacrally.com/
      Life got in the way unfortunately, need to pull my finger out on car. very keen to hear how it is though.
      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

how do those "tour" categories get policed with the whole speed limit restriction thing? Say you wanted to do a tarmac rally but you know you're not competitive and dont want to do it at 10/10ths, but you didnt wanna just potter along at 60kmh either..

edit - just read up on the rallysafe thing - ghey
        Last edited by trdee; 11-03-21, 04:30 PM.
        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

The rallysafe doesn't speed limit you though, does it? Granted you might get booted if you take the piss, and that would suck, but 130kmh isn't a completely unreasonable limit in the scheme of things.
          Originally posted by myshortyboomba
          I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud View Post
            The rallysafe doesn't speed limit you though, does it? Granted you might get booted if you take the piss, and that would suck, but 130kmh isn't a completely unreasonable limit in the scheme of things.
            No, it doesn't speed limit you, but pretty sure they'd probably boot you if you continued to abuse the limit. Would be nice to be let loose and not have to worry about the limit, but still plenty of fun to be had at 130kph on some of those roads.

Comment

Rallysafe killed it for me. In Targa Tour a few years back we were north of 200 clicks many times which is pretty quick on Tassy roads. Since rallysafe was introduced that kinda killed the fun. I’ve heard of blokes get warnings for 140, then ultimately ejected from the event.

Comment

Yea coming out of a 70k sweeper and flooring it you only get a second or two on the gas before you're nudging 140.
                ​​​​

Oo___oO

Comment

I’m keen to get behind the ATR team although I’d probably hit the ZFG competition category and run full aero porka. They seem to have the right attitude around keeping it fun and not too serious around the rules and general race hard and enjoy ales afterwards. I’d be interested to hear how they manage the speed limit in the tour. I reckon they would keep it pretty fun based on what I have seen them do for the competition cars. For me it’s far more about enjoying the corners than pegging it in the straights. A 130 ish ceiling on the proper twisty roads should be a good time.

Comment

I've only entertained the idea of the the Tour Category, as it's more about the social side of things for me rather than the competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X