X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Id liken it to a bit of the Redbull racing, sink or swim philosophy. It will either work, or it wont. Only time will tell, but I just hope it doesnt damage Alex's stock in the sport, as we all know how quickly people can be thrown on the trash heap after a poor season. His testing form over the past 2 days is nothing to go off, and anybody expecting him to be closer than 2 seconds off the pace is being delusional. Im looking forward to seeing how he gets on at Sepang at the next test.

Regarding Jack on the HRC, Im not so sure, but would be happy for him if he could make it work, but I think that sticking with Ducati and getting Petrux seat would be a better option for him, given how familiar he would be with the chassis by then. What he has done on the Pramac this year has been highly impressive, and if he hadnt had those few low sides while in podium positions, I think we could all agree that Danillo would be back on the Pramac next season. I think Ducati were too quick to give him another contract, based off the back of the win at Mugello, as since then, his form has been tardy at best. Jack just needs to be patient and good things will come his way

Leave a comment:

• piss98
    replied
    Keep in mind AM is only on a one year deal, feels like the best option to fill a gap without over committing and gives them options. if he is shit they can (awkwardly no doubt) let him go and fill the seat with someone else (Fabio perhaps?), if he's awesome and getting podiums then it's a dream scenario of 2 brothers in the same team kicking arse for Honda. It would be very interesting to see how it gets handled if it ends up only being a one year thing.

Jack deserves a factory Ducati ride too but part of me thinks "what if after next year Honda gave him a ride as MM's team mate?" I reckon of all the people currently on the grid Jack would make the best of riding the fast but fucking scary Honda as his style is closest to MM's surely? (which is why signing Jorge was such a WTF moment for me, his style couldn't be any more different to MM and the Honda)

Leave a comment:

• shifted
    replied
    I think another year in Moto2 would have been good for AM, does seem rushed and agree with the sentiment of the comments above.

Will we see MM hand AM wins if he's behind him? We consistently saw MM this season like a predator stalking his prey, keeping 2nd and the last lap or two smashing it past the leader to take the win. Not expecting to see AM up there, however if he was in 1st would MM let it go or push past him? Eg. Vinales at PI, Quarterarro etc.

Good on Jack Miller too, most succesful Pramac rider?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Originally posted by katokid View Post

Agree, its a road to nowhere for Alex. Living in the shadow of older brother would be very hard. But what choices does he have if he wants to join the MotoGP club.
    There was more than enough smoke to the "Alex Marquez to Pramac Ducati in 2021" fire, that I feel that this current deal was rushed and poorly considered by all parties. Only time will tell but entering the top level on a B team bike comes with a lot less pressure than entering on the best bike on the grid*

*Disclaimer (only if you're an insane cunt that thinks nothing of 65deg lean angles)

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    and Crashlow kicking himself off

Leave a comment:

• 1uz-zte
    replied
    Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

So youre saying things could get a bit spicy on the grid next season?
    Yep, we'll have Rossi kicking MM off and AM kicking Miller off.

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
    Keep in mind, Alex only won the Moto 3 title by constantly trying to kick Miller off his bike.
    So youre saying things could get a bit spicy on the grid next season?

Leave a comment:

• katokid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
    Marc definitely had some influence on Alex being signed, as Honda are desperate to keep MM happy, and not looking to leave for another team in the future, plus its an amazing marketing angle for the team to have...2 world championship brothers riding for them in the same team...opportunities like that dont come along very often, if ever, so they have grabbed it and run with it.

Im in two minds about it though...I like Alex, I have always rooted for him for the simple fact that being a younger brother of somebody so insanely dominant as MM must be very hard, as you will always be in his shadow, but I dont for a second believe that Alex is anything like the rider than MM is. They ride the bike completely differently, so it will be a massive challenge for Alex to adapt to a bike that we all know is built 100% around MM, and will continue to be for the duration of his career at HRC.

I think that no matter what happens, Alex will damage his reputation a lot with this move, as I think we are all realistic enough to acknowledge that all things being equal, he will not beat MM, unless he throws it at the fence and Alex is around to pick up the pieces. But I think the biggest risk is that Alex could be forced into a mindset that he has to ride beyond his comfort level to atleast be comparable to his brother, and potentially get badly injured as a result. Another year in Moto2 would have done him the world of good, to cement himself as a top rider, rather than being looked at as lucky due to his surname.

Either way, its a very exciting signing, and will give a lot of talking points over the off season, and heading into Qatar 2020. I wish him all the best
    Agree, its a road to nowhere for Alex. Living in the shadow of older brother would be very hard. But what choices does he have if he wants to join the MotoGP club.

Leave a comment:

• GSRman
    replied
    Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
    Keep in mind, Alex only won the Moto 3 title by constantly trying to kick Miller off his bike.
    keep in mind they aren't going to put someone they thought was a genuine threat to Mark on the same bike..

Leave a comment:

• 1uz-zte
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    Yeah,

the guy has won both the moto 3 and moto 2 world champs so he isn’t too shabby. Repsol also loves its Spanish ties. Always going to be a tough gig being a team mate to MM. Although outside looking in, as brothers they seem very supportive of each other. Although I guess this could change pretty quickly when lining up on the same grid for the same team. Will be interesting to see it unfold.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Marc definitely had some influence on Alex being signed, as Honda are desperate to keep MM happy, and not looking to leave for another team in the future, plus its an amazing marketing angle for the team to have...2 world championship brothers riding for them in the same team...opportunities like that dont come along very often, if ever, so they have grabbed it and run with it.

Im in two minds about it though...I like Alex, I have always rooted for him for the simple fact that being a younger brother of somebody so insanely dominant as MM must be very hard, as you will always be in his shadow, but I dont for a second believe that Alex is anything like the rider than MM is. They ride the bike completely differently, so it will be a massive challenge for Alex to adapt to a bike that we all know is built 100% around MM, and will continue to be for the duration of his career at HRC.

I think that no matter what happens, Alex will damage his reputation a lot with this move, as I think we are all realistic enough to acknowledge that all things being equal, he will not beat MM, unless he throws it at the fence and Alex is around to pick up the pieces. But I think the biggest risk is that Alex could be forced into a mindset that he has to ride beyond his comfort level to atleast be comparable to his brother, and potentially get badly injured as a result. Another year in Moto2 would have done him the world of good, to cement himself as a top rider, rather than being looked at as lucky due to his surname.

Either way, its a very exciting signing, and will give a lot of talking points over the off season, and heading into Qatar 2020. I wish him all the best

Leave a comment:

• Do the safety dance.
    replied
    True, good point.

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    I know its not a factory team but Quartararo's results werent even as good as that, and look how he's gone in teh big league

Leave a comment:

• Do the safety dance.
    replied
    Not knocking him, he is the champ indeed.
    i had to go back over his record because I only watch the lower classes inconsistently, and I don't remember him as being a stand out on the class.
    5 seasons/89 races for 8 wins in Moto2. This year he won 5 and had 10 podiums.
    ​​​Marc won 16 races in 32 starts/2 seasons.
    Might be unfair to compare him to one of the all time best, but I doubt he'd have been a look-in on a factory bike otherwise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X