Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

F1 Baaaaa-rain.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiller View Post
    Track walk or not, the outcome would have been the same.
    If Dan knew that gutter was there he would not have put 2 wheels on the grass. The same as if it was a wall. He would have raced closer to Perez. I would seriously be surprised if he didnít do a track walk on Thursday, but he obviously missed the potential danger of loosing his front wing.

It was Dan himself that said his preparation schedule would change for next year, so it was he himself that felt he needed to prepare better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Babalouie
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

How many drains are around Albert Park do you reckon? 400?

Comment

Originally posted by BigMuz View Post
        How many drains are around Albert Park do you reckon? 400?
        How many on the start line before the first corner on the side of the grid he was starting?

Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

it was grass that broke the wing, no drains, and no concrete involved.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
            If Dan knew that gutter was there he would not have put 2 wheels on the grass. The same as if it was a wall. He would have raced closer to Perez. I would seriously be surprised if he didnít do a track walk on Thursday, but he obviously missed the potential danger of loosing his front wing.

It was Dan himself that said his preparation schedule would change for next year, so it was he himself that felt he needed to prepare better.

I bet 10/10 who looked at the grass before the race wouldn't have thought anything of it. It was a freak incident.

Comment

F1 Baaaaa-rain.

Originally posted by spiller View Post
              I bet 10/10 who looked at the grass before the race wouldn't have thought anything of it. It was a freak incident.
              Yeah I imagine this is likely. It makes the most sense. However the result was the result and the threat was clearly there and missed.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                it was grass that broke the wing, no drains, and no concrete involved.
                This.

Dan made a split second decision, and it was the wrong one, most other tracks he'd have gotten away with it. C'est la vie.
                My car
                Corolla
                Originally posted by brasher
                I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

hopefully he does a track walk in Bahrain and makes a note of where the large amounts of grains of sand are so it doesnt break his front wing again.. those Renault front wings seem fragile if grass breaks em...
                  /csh Racing

Comment

Heís getting a new tub and theyíre bringing a lot less wing so itíll be an interesting weekend.
                    ---
                    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Salt sales must have spiked hard if Dan fans are still blaming Renault for Dans fuck up.

Comment

Interesting snippet from Dan about Melbourne. Even his track buddy kid who tripped on the grass. Although he does say it's not something he'd have picked out on the walk.
                        https://streamable.com/3jm6t

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

I think the reality was the grass was maybe 30-50mm higher than the concrete and track which normally wouldn't have been an issue, there are bigger kerbs around most tracks. But in this case as he has dropped off the grass onto the concrete the suspension has compressed dropping the nose lower than normal and low enough it has just dug into the next bit. Had the gap from grass bit to the next been a foot shorter or longer he would have got away with it.

Comment

Drove past it last night and yeah the grass is probably 10cm above the paved section.
                              Originally posted by PJ OíRourke
                              Name me, if you can, a better feeling than the one you get when you're half a bottle of Chivas in the bag with a gram of coke up your nose and a teenage lovely pulling off her tube top in the next seat over while you're going a hundred miles an hour down a suburban side street.

Comment

I wonder if Renault are starting to wonder about Dan ?
                                Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Comment

Working...
                                X