Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

F1 Baaaaa-rain.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 Baaaaa-rain.

F1 at Bahrain this weekend.

Horner is already talking up the year: https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/03...pecking-order/

Of course its on at stupid o'clock like every year. 2:10am :(
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

01 Apr
    Race
    02:10 - 04:10

31 Mar
    Qualifying
    02:00 - 03:00

30 Mar
    Practice 3
    23:00 - 00:00

30 Mar
    Practice 2
    02:00 - 03:30

29 Mar
    Practice 1
    22:00 - 23:30
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Should have been smarter about my trip home from Munich this weekend. I'm flying Munich to Dubai on Friday night, should have gone to Bahrain instead and got few sessions in....damn.

Ahh well....
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

I'm gonna be really interested to see how Dan goes in this race.

I'm wondering if the strict Red Bull life Vs freedom at Renault might of effected his race weekend preparations.
        Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMac View Post
          I'm gonna be really interested to see how Dan goes in this race.

I'm wondering if the strict Red Bull life Vs freedom at Renault might of effected his race weekend preparations.
          He already said in post race interviews that the volume of media obligations meant he couldn't fully concentrate on the race. I think it was a combined number of things like new car, new team, pressure to perform, media obligations, bad luck...
          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

I thought that was a legitimate excuse.

Then I thought... Surely the RBR commitments all year around would be harsher then Renault, he even admitted that the Renault deal meant he had a lot more freedom. He did okay with RBR and all their whacky media pumps.

I still see his point of view, and kinda agree - but its flimsy.
            Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Comment

New team every man and his dog wants to ask a zillion questions, RBR arenít silly they would have someone on the books noting all the outside of racing stresses and activity then advising if the drivers were being stretched too far away from driving performance.

At end of the day Dan is human and some times itís just not your day.
              Originally posted by Faux Forg
              I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse, but if Dan stays a few inches closer to the track off the start in Melbourne, he goes on to finish top 8 and everyone is satisfied. Not sure how prepping differently could have avoided the result.

Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Melbourne was also Dans home GP so the home broadcaster etc etc all chews up extra time that isnít part of his ďusual weekend at workĒ.

Itís probably the same for all drivers in their National GP - thereís just more pressure from everyone that contributes to building all the brands involved.

Either way being the 2nd of 4? Races outside Europe in a row Iíd imagine we wonít see much significant improvement from any team beyond tidying up teething issues.
                  ---
                  Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Can't wait.

I haven't been this excited for a year of F1 for a while now, so many driver changes and the battle for best of the rest will be intense.

Comment

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
                      Can't wait.

I haven't been this excited for a year of F1 for a while now, so many driver changes and the battle for best of the rest will be intense.
                      I was thinking about how interesting the mid pack battle is this year while watching the Melbounre race as thought to myself, is it because the battle is legitimately good or because Australia has some skin in the game
                      of midfield now with Ricci...?

Comment

Power track so will be good to see just where everyone is
                        Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by spiller View Post
                          Not to beat a dead horse, but if Dan stays a few inches closer to the track off the start in Melbourne, he goes on to finish top 8 and everyone is satisfied. Not sure how prepping differently could have avoided the result.

Onwards and upwards.
                          Well he could have done a track walk and seen the gutter which is a basic for any driver that has raced professionally in any series.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Babalouie
                          Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
                            Well he could have done a track walk and seen the gutter which is a basic for any driver that has raced professionally in any series.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Lol

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
                              Track walk or not, the outcome would have been the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X