Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nutttr View Post
    You could weld a frame between the iso fix mounts and the top tether... That keeps the belt up high so it doesn't shrink your spine suddenly... lol
    Lmao.. Make it out of CDW and I'm sure CAMS would include it in Schedule J.... [emoji106]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1600 View Post
      ATA Clubsprint supp regs from 2018 requires "a minimum of a four (4) point Safety Harness in compliance with SFI16.1;".

I can't see any details on their website to say it meets any SFI or FIA standards. I'd assume they would advertise / document this if they did meet standards, so can only guess they don't. In which case, nope, they won't pass scrutineering. Maybe a quick email to Scroth would confirm / deny exactly what standards they are certified to.

Also, Scroth list it in the "tuner" section of their website rather than in the "competition" section with all the real harnesses......
      Scroth has come up with some weird shit for "tuners". I rememeber they had a retractable 3 point harness for Mk2 Golfs at one point. The retractor mounted to the upper rear seatbelt mount. No mention of legality anywhere.

Comment

Yeah most of them do. Having seen the cheapest Simpson's for off-road and buggies at 250 bucks, and recently having purchased some of their proper FIA HANS / camlocks worth $1200 a pop, the difference is astonishingly night and day. The former look like they are made in a sweat shop in China, and the latter like they've come from NASA.

Comment

Decided in the end to use my existing race seat with OMP harness and bolt to one of these instead.

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...on42onQlUNvlAE
          BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

.and bought a new 6 point.

More research I did, more it became obvious.
            BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Working...
            X