• vet 180
    replied
    La Baguette Grand Prix

Hmm Dany under investigation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bbits_elements
    replied
    Honestly it is a low ebb for Formula 1, there is no racing at the pointy end, first laps sixth and then when you stay up late to watch your boy and then after hyping it to infinity and beyond they donít even show the fucking pass for position on the last lap then they can all get fucked.

Leave a comment:

• gmx
    replied
    Has been like that for last couple of years. Definitely since they changed the infographics from the "classic" analogue RPM dial. No idea why, I reckon it's intentional. I'd really like to see how far drivers are trailing on the brakes between race/quali and each other.

Leave a comment:

• RP_Automotive
    replied
    Am I just having an OCD moment, or is it really annoying that the video and the onscreen display or engineer revs, speed etc is slightly out of sync? It sucks to see the car physically slow down and then the brake button come on.

Leave a comment:

• stevanford
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad88 View Post
    Get your self a Google Chromecast for $55 from JB and then use the Kayo App on the phone as the remote, works brilliantly.
    Yep you can't go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• vet 180
    replied
    Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    How so?
    Because it forces Max to say things like this:
    Verstappen pipped Lando Norris to fourth by just 0.009s but he isn't worried ďtoo muchĒ about the threat from McLaren in the race ďbecause we are normally better in the race and they have a power mode in qualifying, quite a strong one, so it should be alright.Ē

I think if Mclaren start battling with RBR on a regular basis it wonít be long until Max cracks the shits

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    ..shoves a nice single finger up at Redbull too
    How so?

Leave a comment:

• Luke352
    replied
    Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
    Looking at this they seemed to test a new front suspension set up
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...dates/4478349/

I also heard Carlos mention about the updates in Barcelona gaining in high speed and medium corners but they went backwards in slow speed. Maybe the latest update clawed some slow speed back.

I wonder if it was something they tried at the post Barcelona test days but put it back in the cupboard as not beneficial to use in Canada but have pulled it back out to try here with most medium and high speed corners. Would make sense that McLaren wouldn't consider it an update.

Leave a comment:

• Brad88
    replied
    Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
    Good idea, tried it, but the kayosports website shows that the browser is incompatible.

HDMI in will working guess...

Get your self a Google Chromecast for $55 from JB and then use the Kayo App on the phone as the remote, works brilliantly.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    McLaren stepping back up is great - for Renault it shows the engines are on the game (even if their factory car isnít) and shoves a nice single finger up at Redbull too

Iím not sure all the update talk is t getting overwrought by media. Yes a lot of teams have brought updates but then late P3 and late Qually had the wind change and suddenly all the pace left the field.

Just about every team seemed to be sandbagging this time around too, P1-P2-P3 hardly anyone gets into the 1:30ís - Q1 we all can do 1:30ís. Was good to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi EK4
    replied
    Very impressed with Mclaren - and to read that they are going to be building a new Wind Tunnel on site in the UK geeze that's a big investment

Gasly just doesn't look up to matching Max, I wonder if Kyvatt and Gasly will be switched around next year

Leave a comment:

• vet 180
    replied
    La Baguette Grand Prix

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post
    McLaren are saying they didn't bring an upgrade, basically the same car as Barcelona though Carlos reckons the upgrade looks like it works well on Medium and Fast corners but not very good on slow speed corners which is why it didn't work so well at Barcelona and Canada.
    Looking at this they seemed to test a new front suspension set up
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...dates/4478349/

I also heard Carlos mention about the updates in Barcelona gaining in high speed and medium corners but they went backwards in slow speed. Maybe the latest update clawed some slow speed back.

Leave a comment:

• Luke352
    replied
    McLaren are saying they didn't bring an upgrade, basically the same car as Barcelona though Carlos reckons the upgrade looks like it works well on Medium and Fast corners but not very good on slow speed corners which is why it didn't work so well at Barcelona and Canada.

Leave a comment:

• vet 180
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke352 View Post
    Impressive qualifying result from Mclaren!

Doesn't look like Renaults upgrade is working yet, .4-.5 behind the Mclarens and Max in the Redbull. Especially when you consider the McLarens were running around on the earlier spec engine I assume.
    Tbh from what I have seen, the Renault upgrades also seemed over hyped. Looked like Mclaren brought more and they certainly worked in qually

Leave a comment:

• vet 180
    replied
    Those updates for Mclaren seemed to have worked wonders! They had serious 1 lap pace. Letís see how their race pace is tomorrow. Both cars beat an RBR on merit. Glad to see them improving. Next year they could be a real dark horse.

Awesome that Dan made it through on the mediums. He is in a good position to beat Gasly on merit as he is ahead of him and starting on the better race tire. Dan did seem a bit down to be beaten by both Mclarens, I guess he knows where the real battle is for the constructors.

Honda updates seem a little over hyped, Max over a second off the leader and Gasly starting P9 and having to use the softs to get through Q2.

Vettel looking beaten. Pretty bad lap from him. I think he knows the championship is over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X