La Baguette Grand Prix

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way that the stewards are slinging around 5s penalties is ridiculous and the licence points are just lunacy. Especially Perez at the start of the race.

Itís almost like they donít want to see any racing happen. Just a nice orderly procession.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

All in all that was shit. Iím getting really close to cancelling our Fox subscription and just watching highlights on youtube.
      Originally posted by S
      I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Lowwwwwry just cancel it and if youíre a Telstra customer get a 3 month free trial of Kayo to see if you like it.
        Originally posted by TK
        may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
          I don't think it was a super boring race, directors got stuck on the wrong things at times.

Feel for Lando - was driving very well.
          It wasn't the worst race I've watched, but certainly won't be rewatched. I mostly kept myself interested by keeping track of Ricciardo's strategy against the Hulk and similarly placed midfielders, to determine how it was going to shake out after all the pit stops. There was definitely two instances of penalties against Ricciardo at the end there, but points on his license is total bullshit, it was hardly dangerous driving. Perez got fucked over as well, does what's required, still in the wrong, not his fault it was a faster way through the turn.
          My car
          Corolla
          Originally posted by brasher
          I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

I saw a little bit of the post race wrap up. Anyone else notice the little wiggle and steering lock on raikonnens car as ricarddo went past.?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by 50RTD
            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

The Renault has got a bit of power now. He pulled past the Alfa pretty well.
              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                I saw a little bit of the post race wrap up. Anyone else notice the little wiggle and steering lock on raikonnens car as ricarddo went past.?

was that before or after he left the track?
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Worst thing about this season is contemplating Hamilton may soon equal Schumi if Mercedes keep their advantage into next season (highly likely). #blessed!11111onejuan
                  "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                  (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                  Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                    was that before or after he left the track?
                    As he started over take

Originally posted by 50RTD
                    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                      Worst thing about this season is contemplating Hamilton may soon equal Schumi if Mercedes keep their advantage into next season (highly likely). #blessed!11111onejuan
                      Even more ironic that Michael was there while the building blocks were put in for the current domination...

Comment

La Baguette Grand Prix

Originally posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
                        Even more ironic that Michael was there while the building blocks were put in for the current domination...
                        Very true

So with Austria being such a high seed high flowing circuit will Mclaren out do RBR. Comparing Noris lap to Max at France the Mclaren looked better in high speed corners and straights, RBR in slow speed corners and big braking zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Babalouie
                        Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
                          Yes we were robbed of seeing Schumi in a front running car one last time. Instead we are blessed.
                          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

MGP + Hamilton combo has been the most dominant ever seen in the sport.. given the length of time and the level of doing so. Then paired with often competent team mates to play the role of #2 and it leaves even Ferrari's best years behind imho.

Well done to them for being able to pull it all together. While it makes for a boring show for those of us who aren't Hamilton fans it is commendable.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                              Yes we were robbed of seeing Schumi in a front running car one last time. Instead we are blessed.
                              Rosberg had the measure on him with their time together. Not much would have changed as the car got quicker. The only difference would have been Rosberg would now have more world championships than Hamilton if he had not moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Babalouie
                              Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Well Schuey had heaps of mechanical issues, but his racecraft was definitely a little rusty too. Got glimpses of the old schuey, in Monza racing head to head with Hamilton, the Schuey line straddling an entry curb in Singapore which everyone else then copied, and Monaco putting it on pole. But there were probably more pretty ordinary mistakes to counter those moments. Pretty gutsy move to come back at that age and put his dominant legacy on the line with a team that clearly weren't going to win straight away.

Comment

Working...
                                X