Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Austrian GP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome race. IMO, if the officials are being consistent, that is a (2019) 5 second penalty. I don't like that it is, but it is.

Max absolutely ram him off track and caused the collision.

Comment

Action packed race. What Max did was a bit of a dick move, but to me a racing incident. Leclerc left the door wide open, so only has himself to blame. I was hoping Vettel would get Bottas at the end there. I got no idea who won driver of the day, but it should go to Sainz.
      My car
      Corolla
      Originally posted by brasher
      I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Oh well, Verstappen keeps the win. Probably for the best.

Comment

Ferrari are going to be pissed after that race.

Comment

Yeah great drive and good for the sport. Feel bad for Chocco. But fuck that dude has got to start doing passes that are F1 worthy not the rental kart track

Comment

consistency? FIA? anyone?

How can you give Dan 5 seconds for 'forcing someone off the track' and then not give Verstappen a penalty for y'know - ACTUALLY forcing someone off the track... While I agree that neither should have got a penalty.. what the actual fuck.
              This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Good points in the thread. We've had two racing incidents where people are trying to pass. How much does a shit track with no space mean drivers have no choice but potentially make contact? If this were V8s, no one would blink an eye lid.
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Thereís a few angles where itís pretty clear Max had himself shoved well into that open door and Charles just tried to stay with him.

It reminded me of F1 years ago where thatís how it was done. Have to give credit to Max he just pushed the best car on the day to the top.

I think the entire field now have a sniff that itís possible to beat Mercedes which has to be good for morale across all the upper-mid teams.
                  ---
                  Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Chocco had a better run onto the straight - only way max was going to keep the place was to get off the brakes and push him wide - just because he's faster shouldn't mean anything.

at the end of the day - Fez weren't racing merc - but jumped when they pitted - and shouldn't have - they had tires to go longer - and choc would have had tires to actually fight max.
                    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the pass. I'm a die hard Ferrari fan, and I had zero issue with it. He didnt do a Rosberg and not turn in... he was on full lock all the way. He went deep, and took the corner.
                      Charles only tried to hang on because theres tarmac run off.. had the pass been at the next corner he wouldnt try to hang around there because theres a gravel trap.

Anyone else fighting for the lead would have done the same. But its Max, so he's a cunt.
                      /csh Racing

Comment

Amazing what a week does for the sport. What a race.
                        Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                          Chocco had a better run onto the straight - only way max was going to keep the place was to get off the brakes and push him wide - just because he's faster shouldn't mean anything.

at the end of the day - Fez weren't racing merc - but jumped when they pitted - and shouldn't have - they had tires to go longer - and choc would have had tires to actually fight max.
                          The key was the lap before on the same corner. From that, Max knew he had to run him very wide.

The pass itself wasn't bad really, even the collision... it's just a racing incident. But... would other drivers have been penalised for it? If Max did what Ricc did in France, would Max have received the same penalty? I kind of get the impression he wouldn't.

Comment

Didn't like the pass.

I thought Leclerc was far enough up the side of Max to force the racing room rule (unless that doesn't exist in F1). If Charles had his front wing inline with Max's rear wheel - fine, that that wasn't the case.

Max for mine should of been given a penalty.
                            Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Comment

The question I ask is, would the decision have been the same if it wasn't Max's pseudo home race with a massive Dutch fanbase that the F1 will be relying on into the future?

FWIW, I think the pass was ok, albeit Max didn't need to be such a cunt, but wasn't penalty worthy. But given the recent line calls, there is still some grounds for a discussion.
                              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

That was a rubbish pass given the precedent set by the past races. Especially the excuse that LeClerc turned into him, he absolutely knew that he forced him off the track.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The new nugget
                                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                                X