Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CussCuss
    replied
    Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    Whereas Charles was a newbie desparate to do anything to hold on to his first F1 win, even if that meant running off track to stay alongside long after he should have realised the overtake was done
    Except the move was not done. On the previous lap, max did the same thing, left da space, got further infront of eclair, but then eclair managed to pass him again down the next straight because he had a better run/angle.

Also lols at a lot of the commentators saying its just hard racing and then in the next comment saying charles should have conceded the corner. Apparently its only max who should be racing hard.

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    Originally posted by gmx View Post
    Not sure about this, 2004 Imola, 2008 Spa immediately come to mind. I'm sure there's more, it was common to "hang them out to dry".
    I'm not as obsessive with the sport these days but what is the racing room rule and to which stages of the corner does it apply? Assuming Leclerc is entitled to a car width for the entire radius because his front wing is far beyond Max's rear wheel in entry and mid corner.. What's the point of rules when you can't enforce them?

But you know, that's racing - Montoya.

Miss the cheeseburger munching fiery cunt.
    Same corner, same track, same drivers...

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyMac View Post
    This.

The idea now is, you can come steaming into a corner and as long as you've got the inside line, you can push anyone off the track. It's not racing - that's NASCAR or dodgem cars.
    It’s never going to come to that because if you do come steaming in divebomb style you’re either not going to make the turn or your opponent is going to already be committed to the turn and you’re going to pile into the side of him

Either way it’s a hi-risk move that you’re likely to lose

Leave a comment:

• gmx
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyMac View Post
    This.

The idea now is, you can come steaming into a corner and as long as you've got the inside line, you can push anyone off the track. It's not racing - that's NASCAR or dodgem cars.

Was Lerclec still beside Max enough to be competing for the corner - 100%, Max should of given racing room.

If Lerclec's front wheel was say in line with Max's rear wheel at corner entry, then 1000000% Lerclec should of conceded the corner, which in this scenario, you'd see them trying to pull off the old switch back.

Another point here too, we're talking about the final laps, I think Charles had every right to be expected to defend the fuck out of the lead, and that included trying to run Max into a tight corner to bog him down off the corner.

Last rant - to be honest, 8 times out of 10... A cars width would of still got the job done...
    Not sure about this, 2004 Imola, 2008 Spa immediately come to mind. I'm sure there's more, it was common to "hang them out to dry".
    I'm not as obsessive with the sport these days but what is the racing room rule and to which stages of the corner does it apply? Assuming Leclerc is entitled to a car width for the entire radius because his front wing is far beyond Max's rear wheel in entry and mid corner.. What's the point of rules when you can't enforce them?

But you know, that's racing - Montoya.

Miss the cheeseburger munching fiery cunt.

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    Defending the fuck out of it should have driven him to run the inside line, then hang Max out to dry.

Leave a comment:

• AndyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
    Now going forward theoretically you can take the inside line every time, and push anyone wide even if they are alongside you and you shouldnt be penalized, but FIA dont really seem to be doing consistency at the moment so who knows what the fuck would happen. Can't wait to see what happens when the next guy trys to push verstappen wide.
    This.

Was Lerclec still beside Max enough to be competing for the corner - 100%, Max should of given racing room.

If Lerclec's front wheel was say in line with Max's rear wheel at corner entry, then 1000000% Lerclec should of conceded the corner, which in this scenario, you'd see them trying to pull off the old switch back.

Another point here too, we're talking about the final laps, I think Charles had every right to be expected to defend the fuck out of the lead, and that included trying to run Max into a tight corner to bog him down off the corner.

Last rant - to be honest, 8 times out of 10... A cars width would of still got the job done...

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    “As we often say, we should leave the drivers free to fight, as overall this will be good for F1. So ‘bravo’ to Verstappen, he drove a fantastic race today as did Charles. There will be new opportunities for us in the future" - Mattia Binotto.

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    Originally posted by TJ View Post
    https://streamable.com/tvmhv

So much lift and coast - barely uses the brakes in S3
    Heating problems? (Didn't watch the race.....I know it was hot though)

Edit: Just listened to the audio.

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    https://streamable.com/tvmhv

So much lift and coast - barely uses the brakes in S3

Leave a comment:

• Reedy
    replied
    Originally posted by nastysven View Post
    It wouldn't have happened if there was a wall there. That makes it a shit move. And on the prev lap, he left rome, that lap he got angry and bargy.

Was very borderline IMO.
    If there was a wall then Leclerc wouldn’t have hung it out there. He would have gone for an over/under and maybe even had a chance to re-pass him on the straight.

Instead he did the equivalent of a soccer player taking a dive and hoping for a penalty. Probably the only part of F1 that this insufferable Dutch soccer crowd would actually understand.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    It wouldn't have happened if there was a wall there. That makes it a shit move. And on the prev lap, he left rome, that lap he got angry and bargy.

Was very borderline IMO.

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
    I hate the fact we are even discussing if that was a penalty.

Let them sort it out on the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone thinks it SHOULD be a penalty. It's more that it should be based on how the stewards have been adjudicating other incidents this season.

In my mind, forcing someone wide and physically pushing them off the track is a shit move.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    I thought the move was pretty rough, but hey.....

Great race though, stuff happening from start to finish.

Leave a comment:

• womblesti
    replied
    Charles could have made the corner and with him still that far along side Max is obliged to leave a car width, which he couldn’t have done with the speed he was carrying. IMHO the rules are what need changing, not the way Max drove, but with these rules it should have been a penalty.

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    Look at all the other cars max overtook on the inside in exactly the same way in the previous laps

No problem there. The difference was they knew they had lost the spot at the apex and backed off to fall in behind

Whereas Charles was a newbie desparate to do anything to hold on to his first F1 win, even if that meant running off track to stay alongside long after he should have realised the overtake was done

Leave a comment:

Working...
X