Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Gloves

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloves

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a new set of gloves that are quite thin if possible.

I'm currently wearing ERG jobbies, they're probably over 5 years old now and have hardened. I'm finding with the current car there's just not enough feeling which is causing/helping me to miss shifts. The car is quite close between the gates, only seems to happen trying to grab 5th on the back straight at Lakeside. Because you're turning at the same time it's either engine torqueing over just enough or I'm over compensating due to cornering forces and crossing into the reverse gate. This doesn't happen on the front straight nor when I am not wearing gloves.

So any recommendations? There's some Sparco gloves I have seen during in-car footage that look quite thin?
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

I run the OMP jobbies. Hard to say how they rate on the "thinness scale" I did misplace them at one point and bought a new pair, only to then find my original pair. They are my "lucky" gloves so the new pair I bought are sitting here largely unused. They are OMP One Evo in Large. If of interest you are welcome to try these before you looked to buy some.

Comment

I have these. Feel very thin but nothing else to compare them to. Also helped keep my hands warm at Phillip Island for hours because I was under-dressed

http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au...V=Primary&CDO=

Comment

OMP One Evo are the best thing going at the moment, compared to what you're currently using you won't know yourself
        http://www.autosport.com.au/omp-one-s-fia-glove-2

Comment

Great, thanks for the recommendations guys.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
          X