Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

The Bend MotorSport Park

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict in a lemons car it will be 100% throttle 99.9% of the time
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Originally posted by TCR View Post
      Seems to be a fair bit of flow to the shorter version.
      Yeah that does look much better. The longer version is just tooooooooo many corners lol.

Comment

Was gonna say BG's notes would have been handy first time there! Or maybe not, I have the attention span of a 5yo. Place was super technical, mentally I struggled to be consistent just remembering where I was going.

Amazing facility and setup, can't wait to go back.

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
        But those of us that went have said if you can do a weekend per year at The Bend, Phillip Island and Bathurst then that's going to be a very happy mix for anyone really.
        But this.

Comment

Live now

https://www.facebook.com/CAMSmotorsp...3518414359340/
          BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Originally posted by BGTV8 View Post
            It's a one-year old circuit at Tailum Bend in Sth Aust. Built by the Shahin brothers (who own all the BP Servo's in SA) for a motza (well north of $100mill with a poofteenth of govco momey added in - govco paid for the roadworks on the Princes Highway to create turning lanes into the circuit from both directions, pretty much everything else was the Shahin's).
            Unfortunately when coming from the Tailem Bend side, the two lane highway reduces to one lane, then you can take the turning bay lane to get to The Bend. Heard that Sam asked for the Govt to extend the two lanes to past The Bend and they agreed, if he paid the $20m to do it........pretty shit attitude from the Govt, and it's hardly going to cost that much to extend a lane on a highway in the middle of buttfuck idaho.....
            Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
            Official Photographer 2019 | Shannons Nationals | Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Superloop Adelaide 500 | Challenge Bathurst

Comment

I did 4 race meetings there in 2018 ....
              Absolutely amazing track and Facility
              I rate it is in my top Few tracks right up there with Philip Island if not better

Will be back there later this year

John P

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
                Unfortunately when coming from the Tailem Bend side, the two lane highway reduces to one lane, then you can take the turning bay lane to get to The Bend. Heard that Sam asked for the Govt to extend the two lanes to past The Bend and they agreed, if he paid the $20m to do it........pretty shit attitude from the Govt, and it's hardly going to cost that much to extend a lane on a highway in the middle of buttfuck idaho.....
                Nah, it's about $100k per km for a 2 lane sealed council road last time I asked, so 20 million for a few extra km is about right, but still a shit attitude from the gumbyment when you look at the long term benefits to the area.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                  Nah, it's about $100k per km for a 2 lane sealed council road last time I asked, so 20 million for a few extra km is about right, but still a shit attitude from the gumbyment when you look at the long term benefits to the area.
                  That doesn't add up? At $100K per km, $20M would get you an extra 200kms.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
                    That doesn't add up? At $100K per km, $20M would get you an extra 200kms.
                    That 100k per km is for a local low level 2 lane council road, like the road past a house in a new development.

4 lane highway standard is much more expensive as you have a much stronger, deeper and better pavement for the extra traffic loads from both the volume and weight, plus much better drainage and the associated earth works and so on to meet the higher geometry requirements of a high design speed road.

I'm not a pavement engineer, I just know enough about this stuff to be dangerous as I implement infrastructure asset management information systems and data capture systems.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool thanks. I think sooner or later these sort of finishing touches will get done. This track has only been open for a year but I see this as being one of Australia's greatest motorsport assets into the future. A credit to the Shahin family for having the vision and passion to create it.

Comment

I recall being told a 4 lane freeway was about 1 mill per k/m?
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
                          Cool thanks. I think sooner or later these sort of finishing touches will get done. This track has only been open for a year but I see this as being one of Australia's greatest motorsport assets into the future. A credit to the Shahin family for having the vision and passion to create it.
                          Until some wally planner suggests that a new estate be built nearby and the new residents complain about the noise :(

Comment

The first time we got there we arrived at night time and theres a massive illuminated BP sign and turnoff but the road goes nowhere, it caught me out and heaps of others also. The proper entrance (and BP) is 2km further down the road.. and Google Maps thinks the entrance is another 600m further again :D

Comment

Originally posted by jabtronic View Post
                              The first time we got there we arrived at night time and theres a massive illuminated BP sign and turnoff but the road goes nowhere, it caught me out and heaps of others also. The proper entrance (and BP) is 2km further down the road.. and Google Maps thinks the entrance is another 600m further again :D
                              Yep, rookie error and easy to make .... thats the Mallee Highway to Pinaroo .....

Comment

No, that's the turnoff before the sign! The sign turnoff is fenced off........we may have mistakenly slowed for it on Thursday night on the way to the OTR to get food before heading to our accommodation lol

Also, the road only needs to be done in one direction, coming from Adelaide. It's already 2 lanes for most of it, just needs the lane extended til past The Bend entrance, so not upgrading the entire highway or anything like that. It also doesn't have guttering or special guardrails or anything flash like a metro highway does. It would be a few mil, but nothing like what the Govt tried to extort.
                                Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                                Official Photographer 2019 | Shannons Nationals | Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Superloop Adelaide 500 | Challenge Bathurst

Comment

Working...
                                X