Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailoring / modifying race suit

So Iím a string bean and need a race suit for lemons. Nothing off the shelf will fit me and Iím not in the market for a full custom suit for lemons and track days.

I want to buy a second hand super fat cunt suit, turn it inside out and stitch the girth in on the arms, body and legs. Is it a case of getting the right thread and then sewing and trim? Does the sewing machine need to be on steroids? Will I die?

If suit is fire retardent then prolly need kevlar or nomex thread cause its a little bit non burny, sew machine will need steroids.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Will be a 1 or 2 layer so likely to have some fire retardedness. I can buy nomex/Kevlar/aramid thread easily enough. Looks to be the go

Comment

I got mine years ago from Emerson Race Gear at Bankstown in Sydney. from the rack and tailored to fit, I think they did custom suits too. Not sure if they still around as I could find anything on google.

Comment

How big are you dude - I have an old 2-layer suit I've retired. Still serviceable. I'm only 178cm tall but was about 130cm around the middle ........ quite a bit smaller now so went for a snug suit.

Old one is still in the cupboard if it is long enough for you, but "string-bean" might be 188cm rather than 178cm .............. PM me if this might help

Comment

Iím 202cm and 34Ē waist. Kinda stringy! I donít think anything off the shelf will be long enough but the largest size slimmed down would probably do. Does that old suit have some leftover length on you?

Comment

Yep, bigass daggy bum to fit my (old) belly

I'll measure it from back of the neck around crutch and up to seam under the chin if you like but I reckon it might be too short in the torso.

I'll measure it and post later in the week.

Comment

Legend! Someone in the team might be interested if it doesnít fit me

Comment

Pegasus Auto sells nomex thread. https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=2131
                  My car
                  Corolla
                  Originally posted by brasher
                  I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

It adds less than $200 to the cost of the suit to order one in a made to measure size over something off the shelf.
                    Buying the largest size and trying to make it thinner won't work as there is more to fitting into a suit than just a height measurement and pulling the excess in.
                    We've done heaps of budget suits for people not wanting to spend heaps for occasional use. Give me a call at Autosport if you want to get something done.

Comment

I measured the suit ..........

from back of neck (collar) to crutch is 95cm
                      From front of neck (velco tab over the top of the zip) to crutch is 85cm
                      From underarm to ankle is 130cm

What other measures are needed ?

Comment

By that maths it sounds like my testicles will not be my friend. I went to Autosport in Adelaide and saw Andy San and actually fit into a size 58 OMP well (well enough I wouldnít pay for tailoring).

Other boys in the team are keen though so Iíll PM you my details for more info

Comment

Working...
                        X