Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ze German Grand Prix

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by Smudge View Post
    This race was also a big deal for Mercedes Benz from a PR POV.
    "What in the gay caped fuck is that?" by Shonky

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
      Vestappen ftw.
      Thank you!
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

      "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

      "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

      Comment


        #78
        Lewis' 1 minute pitstop was bloody attrocious (and the music in the video above is just perfect). They attempted to put two different sets of tyres on the thing. Fair enough they weren't ready for the front wing but looked like there was just confusion on which tyres to put on. Would have loved to hear the internal radio messages being shouted around.

        Awesome race otherwise, Vettel getting into 2nd was impressive after spending the majority of the race no higher than 7-8th. Max drove bloody well, especially with an extra pit stop over most people.
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

        Comment


          #79
          Lewis's penalty was deserved - especially when they re-wrote the track rules specifically because of him. Pitstop was laughable, but what I found funny was he actually wanted inters at the stop just before, if he had gone that route quite likely he would have won with ease. But still, I didn't mind seeing Merc with a horrid race, added some spice to things. Bottas once again with less race pace than Lewis.

          Charles only getting a team fine for an unsafe release is a joke however and sets a scary precedent.

          Got to feel for Alfa! Both cars with the same "issue"

          Haas guys managed to hit each other AGAIN - those guys are fucking morons.

          Tweet of the year goes to Honda

          Honda Racing F1
          @HondaRacingF1
          8h
          He's done it again 💪 Thats GP2 victories in 2019 👌

          @Max33Verstappen 👏

          #PoweredByHonda
          Nice fuck you to Fernando!
          Originally posted by brasher
          TJ is 99% African American.

          Comment


            #80
            What happened to Dan? He didn't appear in the highlights at all.

            Comment


              #81
              Exhaust failure after 13 laps.

              Comment


                #82
                And Dan was doing pretty shit before his blow up, didn't make any places up at the start and lost lots of places in the first pit stop round.

                Can just imagine how epic this episode of Drive to Survive will be. Wonder if Merc would be trying to put a stop to it, I'd really hope the production company is giving them a big fuck off.
                I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                  Because entering pitlane the wrong way is an open and shut case?
                  absolutely - guilty 100% - *but* - what sensible options did he have except pull over and retire... hmmm.. given how penalty mad they have been lately it's probably on par with the severity of all the other penalties i didn't agree with.


                  Vettel's drive was A1.

                  Ves's drive was good - keeping his fragile little mind together was A1.
                  This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Renault/Dan seemed to write off Germany for better crack Hungary.

                    Engine in Dan's Renault was Engine 1 last night
                    Panzer Wagen

                    M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                      absolutely - guilty 100% - *but* - what sensible options did he have except pull over and retire... hmmm.. given how penalty mad they have been lately it's probably on par with the severity of all the other penalties i didn't agree with.
                      He could have done a lap, it was just a broken front wing. A 5 second penalty was a better choice though (if that was the thought process) as he'd have lost much more than 5 seconds.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                        He could have done a lap, it was just a broken front wing. A 5 second penalty was a better choice though (if that was the thought process) as he'd have lost much more than 5 seconds.
                        maybe - maybe he loses 30 seconds on the lap, but his pit stop is 10 seconds.. maybe his wing goes under the front floor and he sails into 3 other cars and a busload of nuns.


                        Renault probably thought - good day to use up an old engine that was a bit dodgy - goes to show their thinking - i would have thought it was a good day to run a new engine - dan's already down the order - take the penalty, it's going to rain - mixed up race, some safety cars.. FFS hulky made it up to second at one point.
                        This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                          maybe - maybe he loses 30 seconds on the lap, but his pit stop is 10 seconds.. maybe his wing goes under the front floor and he sails into 3 other cars and a busload of nuns.


                          Renault probably thought - good day to use up an old engine that was a bit dodgy - goes to show their thinking - i would have thought it was a good day to run a new engine - dan's already down the order - take the penalty, it's going to rain - mixed up race, some safety cars.. FFS hulky made it up to second at one point.
                          Rain, less time under full throttle, less dependent on peak power
                          Originally posted by brasher
                          TJ is 99% African American.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                            maybe - maybe he loses 30 seconds on the lap, but his pit stop is 10 seconds.. maybe his wing goes under the front floor and he sails into 3 other cars and a busload of nuns
                            Pit stop time is/was irrelevant - he had to pit either way. Half the wing was off. He can probably drive around slowly with a half wing all day - if it's actually dangerous, they can black flag him. Or he can break a regulation, take a shortcut and take a penalty. He did have that option.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              2019-07-29_11-34-03

                              Comment


                                #90
                                hahaha

                                Originally posted by Jim
                                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                                Originally posted by elfturbomax
                                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                                1UZ+1NZ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X