Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nastysven
    replied
    About the same here.

went from fuck yeah to fuck no very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Originally posted by TJ View Post

They didn't actually - he fucked himself with the contact.

2 more laps, would have got the SC, could have pitted for soft tyres and been fast to the end.

Instead - 3/4 of a lap with a puncture, too far back to make it work from there.
    my wife walked past and was stoked to see Dan in 3rd, I said it's going quite well for him at this point, 2 seconds after she walks away and I'm swearing like a sailor.

Leave a comment:

• Rona
    replied
    Dan would have needed to be out for 10 more laps to go to the softs was never going to work. Hulkenberg would have caught him by then. The mediums were done by about lap 28 after that they were not keeping pace with the guys who pitted for hards around lap 15 onwards.
    Last edited by Rona; 23-09-19, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    Yes, but they also wanted to stop onto the softs, stopping with 30 laps to go would have made that a 2 stop race. The guys at the front cruised for the first 16/7 laps and they couldn't go more than 20 in Ferraris case, and 27 in Lewis's, but he was losing 2 seconds a lap at the end of the stint.

Leave a comment:

• Rona
    replied
    Originally posted by TJ View Post

2 more laps, would have got the SC, could have pitted for soft tyres and been fast to the end.

Instead - 3/4 of a lap with a puncture, too far back to make it work from there.
    He'd dropped too much time with Vettel catching them. Ricciardo should have pitted 5 laps earlier to undercut Giovanazzi and Gasly and been nowhere near that mess. By staying out they lost a lot of time as the lead pack made their way through.
    Last edited by Rona; 23-09-19, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    Originally posted by trdee View Post
    yeah merc cooked that strategy almost as badly as renault cooked ricciardo's....

Leave a comment:

• gmx
    replied
    I feel like street circuits need to disappear. Yeah, they leave no or minimal room for error which are appealing for crowds and spectators. Also offer incentive without travelling afar to the circuit. But 2 seconds faster on raw pace to be able to pass with DRS? I doubt OWG solve this with a different aero-mech philosophy. Those walls in close confines create too much turbulence to follow. These races only exist for $.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    yeah merc cooked that strategy almost as badly as renault cooked ricciardo's....

Leave a comment:

• Rona
    replied
    I really don't understand why Merc didn't use Bottas for an undercut. If they were going to make him play number 2 why not at least do it to force Ferrari's hand to pit earlier and limit them on tyres. They just let them dictate the pace and strategy and it was never going to work without a safety car in a small window.

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    Plenty of action everywhere other than the front.

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    Originally posted by gmx View Post
    Valtteri, It's James.

LOL!

I would really love to see Lewis' contract atm. Is like MSC 2002? Dude's already romped away with the championship, let them race.
    but Bottas isn't a number 2... Mercedes have equal status, they always get to race..... lol

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    fantastic race! well worth the watch tonight!

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    torpeeeeeeedo!!!!!!!! lol

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    So tyre changes anyone????

Dan should throw a set of softs on to see what he can do with a stamp and an envelope.....

Leave a comment:

• fly510
    replied
    Originally posted by gmx View Post

FW ahead rear wheel, should've left the space. All the time you need to leave the space. Ok?

Grosjean like Loldonaldo has earned themselves a reputation where you place any other top driver in a given situation and suddenly blame is flipped 180.
    all grosjean had to do was let out of throttle for a split second and taken him over the next few corners given its a willams..... He has the reputation he has because he makes stupid, unnecessary mistakes like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X