Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathurst 2019!!!

It just dawned on me that this time next week, Ill be stuck to the couch, eyes glued to my tv, cheering/yelling/screaming/drinking. The later start time is a little frustrating as it means that the race will almost certainly clash with the F1 at Suzuka, but it is what it is.

I just read that Skaife thinks there will be a low 2:02.xx if track conditions are good enough. Not sure about a low 2:02, but I guess its possible with a bit of cloud cover and perfect conditions.

I think the most exciting thing about this year is that the championship is pretty much a forgone conclusion, so everyone is going to be giving it everything, with little or no regard to their championship points, which could lead to some seriously epic racing. If nobody has anything to lose, those borderline moves that people may have backed out of previously, will be there for the taking.

Im really hoping that SVG and Tander get a strong result, and that its not a complete Mustang whitewash on the hill, although I fear it might be.

How about you chaps? Who do you want to see come out on top this year?

What is this Bathurst you speak of? Is this some kind of automobile race?

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
      What is this Bathurst you speak of? Is this some kind of automobile race?
      Well kind of. All the local farmers get their tractors out and do 161 laps around the town centre. First one over the finish line gets to choose from all of the other farmers wives.
      Last edited by Mr Ree; 06-10-19, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah, been planning for this one for a while. Have the Monday off work so that's a bonus.

Will probably be doing pulled pork on the Weber.

I think Scotty will win it.

Comment

Monday off work is mandatory for this event, I feel.

Now I've got food envy...gah!! Cant beat a Weber

Hard to see any other result, short of mechanical failure, but the Holden aero changes at Pukekohe seemed to put the car in a better place, so I am still going to hope for #97 to finish on the top step

Comment

The good thing about Bathurst is you can’t pick the winner. Every single year crazy shit happens. Wheels fall off. Kangaroos run wild on the track. Somebody stalls in the pits and then the starter motor fucks out. It rains. Fuel runs out on the last lap. The favourites very rarely win.
            Originally posted by Rdyno
            It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Can. Not. Wait.

So torn with the Lowndes and Whincup combo. Would love to see Lowndes in the car at the end for another win
              CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Have already bought a ticket to the last 10 laps..
                /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                  The good thing about Bathurst is you can’t pick the winner. Every single year crazy shit happens. Wheels fall off. Kangaroos run wild on the track. Somebody stalls in the pits and then the starter motor fucks out. It rains. Fuel runs out on the last lap. The favourites very rarely win.
                  Aint that the truth. Being favourite helps, but the hill always decides who wins.

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                  Can. Not. Wait.

So torn with the Lowndes and Whincup combo. Would love to see Lowndes in the car at the end for another win
                  Me too. I just hope there are no safety cars when Jamie is driving.

Comment

Yeah cant believe it is mountain time again. Looking forward to it

Comment

So how does everybody think that Alexander Rossi and James Hinchcliffe will fare? Im sure it will be an eye opener for both of them, and even though Hinch entered the Gold Coast earlier in the decade, that track has about as much in common with Bathurst, as Indianapolis has with Gateway.

I hope they keep the car straight during practice, keep their noses clean in qualifying, and bring it home in one piece in the race. That will be a solid result, and anything more will be a bonus.

Comment

whats with it not being on FTA?

Seems fucking retarded to me.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

errr....
                          https://www.supercars.com/tv-schedule/
                          /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

It'll be airing on Channel 10, details here:

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/mot...-bathurst-1000

Comment

To be realistic, Channel 10's coverage will be six hours of Supercheap ads interrupted by a hundred 30 second clips of Bathurst.

Comment

Working...
                              X