Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Autosport, Motorsport News, F1 Racing magazines

Not surprised by Autosport - a weekly magazine is a lot harder to justify nowadays, but disappointing about the other two. I have every issue of F1 racing ever published, and had just renewed my subscription for another 12 months.

They’ll retain online presences I’m sure, but still....
    2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
    2011 Smart ForTwo

You're kidding?

I, like you, have every single edition of F1 Racing since it started, and its a collection I am very proud of. Im gutted to read this, although I understand that the days of printed magazines are coming to an end, I guess I had hoped that the popularity of F1 would be enough to justify keeping this publication going.

When is the final edition being printed, and are the offering refunds to subscribers?

Comment

Magazines are just too slow to get content to the consumer these days.

most information is at best a week old, if not over a month.

people want content yesterday.

Comment

While I agree with the facts that most of whats in the magazine is old news by the time you buy it, and about people wanting things, NOW, I wouldnt have thought that the average Autosport, or F1 racing magazine buyer would be a millennial with no patience for such things.

I just figured that most people would buy it, not so much to get info that they didnt already know about, but buy it for something to read on a sunday arvo, or when theyre taking a shit. The thought of going to online magazines is a joke for me, and I would never subscribe and pay for something that you can get for free all over the net. Just like downloaded music or streaming holds little attraction compared to my physical music collelction.

*Old man yells at cloud*

Comment

People want pictures with captions, they don’t want journalism and in-depth technical content.

by that standard I’m not “people”
          ---
          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            People want pictures with captions, they don’t want journalism and in-depth technical content.

by that standard I’m not “people”
            Neither am I...

Comment

Working...
            X