2020 MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 MotoGP

Well Gents, with the Sepang shakedown already underway, and the first pre season test only days away, its almost time for all of the riders to hit the track on their new bikes.

Marc's recent surgery on his troublesome shoulder means he wont head into the test feeling 100%. His first time back on a bike since the season finale in Velencia was a week or so ago, on a Moto3 bike, just to see how things are feeling. By his own admission, he claims to only be around 60/70% ready, and that his recovery this year has been a lot more difficult that it was during the off season last year. Only time will tell, but you would be a foolish man to bet against him romping to his 7th premier class title this year, if Honda provide him with a bike similar to last years. Alex will of course be in a understudy role, but it will be nice if he can work with the chassis Honda have built for Marc, and get some solid results early on to help with his confidence.

Vale and Maverick have both stated that the 2020 chassis is an improvement over last year(which is really saying something), and that the engine response and power was better too, but still sadly lacking about 10kph at the end of the straights again, so Yamaha really need to try and massage a little more out of it otherwise they are going to be coming to the gun fight with a knife again.

It will be interesting to see how Fabio gets on riding a full works bike this season, and as above, whether or not Yamaha can find that extra top end speed that they so badly need if theyre to be able to fight for the championship. I hope the bike suits him, every bit as well as the 19 chassis did, plus a few extra ponies to keep up with the Honda and Ducati donk's. Franco should be there or thereabouts, but cant see him challenging Fabio week in, week out unfortunately.

The Ducati chassis is an entirely new design, and given they have been Honda's closest rivals over the past 3 years, heres hoping that they can claw back a bit of the gap that opened up between them and Honda last year. Petrux will really need to up his game if he wants to keep hold of his seat, as with Jack on the Pramac, and Zarco riding the Avinitia Ducati, there will be a few riders waiting to take his seat if his performance drops off like it did last season.

I hope that Suzuki can close the gap even more and be consistently at the sharp end of the grid. Rins was exceptional at times last year, and if he hadnt thrown it at the fence so often, second in the championship was a real possibility. Joan Mir showed amazing pace for his first season too, so we can expect to see him up his game too.

The Aprilla's looked to find something in the second half of last season, so I am hoping that they will be fighting in the top 10 a lot more. Having Dani as thier test/development rider must bear some fruit eventually. Hopefully its this year

Bring on the test, and the countdown to the first race of the season in the desert!!!

Really hope all the non-Honda teams step up, as good as marcmarquez was it was just frustrating. Ducati for example can’t expect to have a good showing for 50% of the races then be absolutely nowhere for the rest.

Is Vale’s non-factory move for 2021 just code for “retiring”?
    Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 04-02-20, 12:10 PM.
    Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Agreed...they all need to step up if anyone is going to stop the MM and Honda domination.

I would like to think not. If he is still fighting in the top 5 by mid season, I suspect he will either sign a new contract with Petronas Yamaha for 2021, riding a works spec M1 with full factory support, or slightly less likely, but still possible, finally bring the VR46 team to the premier class, and enjoy his swansong couple of seasons riding for himself, before retiring and leaving Luca Marini, and either Morbidelli, or one of the other VR46 proteges to pass the baton on to.

Comment

Keen to go to Phillip Island again this year and have a gander. Didn't realise Zarco nabbed a seat in the end for this year.
        '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
          Keen to go to Phillip Island again this year and have a gander. Didn't realise Zarco nabbed a seat in the end for this year.
          Hello mate

He actually turned it down initially, claiming it to be a back marker team with little hope of a good result, but Ducati were very keen to see what he could do on their bike, and got in his ear, saying they would provide Avinitia with more direct support and parts, so they managed to sweeten the deal enough for him to sign up. I think its great as its always good to see what somebody can do with a known quantity.

I still havent been to Philip Island, so am very envious of you hahaha. I always look forward to when MotoGP arrive there in October, as its simply breathtaking every year. I have no idea how those cunts can fit their balls inside their leathers...

Comment

You missed the big story!
            Yourgay is back on a Yamaha as test rider and maybe a few wildcard rides!!

Comment

Anyone coming out to Thailand MotoGP give us a shout if you wanna meet for a beer.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by evo-gsr View Post
                You missed the big story!
                Yourgay is back on a Yamaha as test rider and maybe a few wildcard rides!!
                Ah touche...

At whats worse is I read about thaat the other day, so cant plead ignorance

Its brilliant to have him back as their test rider, and Im sure Quata shrieked like a little girl when he heard the news, as I think he stands to benefit the most from Jorge/s arrival, given how similarly they ride.

Comment

The 2020 Championship is Rossi's to lose. He will definitely return to form this year

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
                    The 2020 Championship is Rossi's to lose. He will definitely return to form this year
                    If (and thats a big if) he finds some form its gunna have to be this year cause he aint got too many left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

If (and thats a big if) he finds some form its gunna have to be this year cause he aint got too many left in him.
                      You kidding? He's going to blitz the field (unless MM turns up on one of his clearly illegal bikes).

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post

You kidding? He's going to blitz the field (unless MM turns up on one of his clearly illegal bikes).
                        hehehehehe, you funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                          I still havent been to Philip Island, so am very envious of you hahaha. I always look forward to when MotoGP arrive there in October, as its simply breathtaking every year. I have no idea how those cunts can fit their balls inside their leathers...
                          If you end up wanting to go this year, let me know. Will prob book accommodation down there again this year and go with a few mates so can easily make the visit a reality!

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post
                          Anyone coming out to Thailand MotoGP give us a shout if you wanna meet for a beer.
                          This may work. Does it include backyard tattoos and sampling the local talent?
                          '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

If MM chops the field in the first two races - they might as well just hand over the 3 trophies again at the 3rd.
                            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post

This may work. Does it include backyard tattoos and sampling the local talent?
                              I guess that can be sorted if you wanted but Ive no knowledge of Buriram other the the race circuit but am sure a local could assist with knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X