No announcement yet.

2020 MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion Franky is the rider of the year, even though he didnt win the cup.

If you consider his 3 wins, his engine failure at Jerez while running at the pointy end, and being taken out by Zarco in Austria, this championship would be going down to the wire this Sunday night, but the main way he impressed me was steeping out from behind 1/4raro's shadow, and being the stronger rider over the season.

2021 will be a good year for Franky, I feel

Comment

I think so too

It will be a make or break year for Miller and Ducati too
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Franky also has a bloody good mentor (and mate) in Rossi who, despite being in the same comp, is no doubt providing advice/guidance and can no doubt help with his Yamaha future as well.
        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
          Franky also has a bloody good mentor (and mate) in Rossi who, despite being in the same comp, is no doubt providing advice/guidance and can no doubt help with his Yamaha future as well.
          For sure. The way he snapped straight back at Jack was taken straight out of the Rossi play book

Im looking forward to them being in the same team in 2021, and Im sure they are both relishing it too

Comment

Only thing with morbidelli is that he doesn't go thru the traffic. 'Most' of wins are from the front.

Pramac ducati would be happy with millers performance this year. Way more consistent than dovi for example. He's matured as a rider. If ducati can sort that edge grip a few %, he will be up there next year

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

You are right about his wins coming from the front. To be honest, he is very much like George Lawrence in that regard...if he can get to the front on lap 1, then he will just be a metronome for the rest of the race and nobodyy else will get near him.

His lap times on Sunday were insane...all within 2 or 3 tenths of each other for the entire race.

In regard to Dovi, I really think that the shit going on in the background this season, in regard to his contract extension put him in a bad place, mentally, and he just didnt feel appreciated enough to give it his all. That and last years Ducati seemed to be nicer to ride on the new rear tyre, hence Zarco almost always being ahead of the both factory bikes.

Comment

Miller is riding a 2020 bike, he was no where near as bad as dovi or petruchi. Zarco and Miller adapted their riding styles or just got on with job instead of bitching

Comment

How many times has Miller dropped back or crashed out because the Duc just eats its tyres though?
                  Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                    Miller is riding a 2020 bike, he was no where near as bad as dovi or petruchi. Zarco and Miller adapted their riding styles or just got on with job instead of bitching

Indeed Jack was, but as you say, he seemed to adapt to it better than Dovi and Petrux, but given Zarco's comparable lack of seat time on a Ducati, I feel he showed them all up more often than he should have.

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                    How many times has Miller dropped back or crashed out because the Duc just eats its tyres though?
                    For sure...Jack definitely suffers in this regard, but I honestly feel that as the season went on, he wasnt suffering as badly, and hopefully thats a good sign heading into 2021, as we are definitely in the "tyre conservation" era of MotoGP these days, it seems

Comment

Miller hardly dropped bike this year, way different to last year. binder took him out a couple races back.

What's the saying,it's easier to teach a fast rider to stay on a bike, then teach a slow rider to go fast

Comment

Fully agree with you, and Im a big fan of his too for the record.

This year was by far his best year, as he learned that bringing it home in the top 10 was far better than a DNF from pushing the front too hard too early.

Hopefully we dont have too much of a tyre compound change next year, so he can continue his consistent improvements, and become a regular podium finisher on the works bike

Comment

The big bikes are pretty intense around the rollercoaster of Portimao at the moment!!!

Air time in 3,2,1...

Comment

Boom, Miller riding like a demon. Morbidelli no where .

Bikes seem to moving around a lot on this circuit. They have mentioned a few bumps

Comment

Another great quali session, nice for Cal, i think Miller gave him a tow

Oliveira out of nowhere!

Franky P2
                              Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 22-11-20, 11:07 AM.
                              Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Emphatic victory for MO!! His laps were like a metronome throughout the entire race so fully deserved.

Awesome last lap from Jack and a brilliant way to end the season, and again, Franky showing the Yamaha's how its done

Pol Espargaro ending up 4th in the championship has cemented himself as a brilliantly consistent rider this year, and hes going to need all of that skill to go up against MM. KTM must be fucken stoked with their teams performances this year.

We have truly been spoiled in 2020, and even though we will likely have MM93 back next year, I think that all these new kids on the block have discovered themselves in a way that couldnt have happened without MM being at home, so now that the genie is out of the bottle for lots of them, we will surely see many more stellar performances from them.

Roll on 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X