Challenge Bathurst 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge Bathurst 2020

Have entered the 289ZX V8 in regularity, lap time minimum allowed is 1:35 so that's fine for me. The ZX has run there before, video below, but is getting a full rebuild to get logbooked. Anyone else going?

VMsC5JF2FDo">VMsC5JF2FDo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="873" height="525">

https://youtu.be/VMsC5JF2FDo < click here if above does not play.
    Last edited by Neesan; 23-07-20, 09:27 PM.

Seriously disappointing vid dude, only 57 secs haha! Sounds baller! Think it needs some longer gears for Conrod though. And a few drivers in your group need some driving lessons

Comment

1:35 min lap time is pretty quick!
      I might be there (Supersprint EC class).
      Last edited by BENN0; 24-07-20, 11:33 AM.

Comment

They're a trifle optimistic about foreign entrants being allowed - easily - in country by then!

One good thing, full entry refund if things go from bad to worse. Supposed to be a 4 day package available too....can't imagine doing the sprint then doing regularity.

Comment

Will be shooting the event again this year. We have a team of people covering all 4 days of the event.
          Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
          Official Photographer 2020 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
            Seriously disappointing vid dude, only 57 secs haha! Sounds baller! Think it needs some longer gears for Conrod though. And a few drivers in your group need some driving lessons
            Gearing is now max 260 kph @ 6000, those two were from WA, syncronised loses.

Comment

Won't be there this year - the 2019 event nearly broke me getting there.
              AWESOME event though.
              Classic Auto Fabrications:
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Got a mate heading over with his Mustang tagging along with a few other WA cars this year. Well that's the plan. Not looking very likely sadly, so hopefully that full refund thing works out for them.

Comment

Keen to be there. Was holding off getting a sprint entry in due to COVID. A 2 week self funded hotel quarantine on my return isn’t an option.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
                    Keen to be there. Was holding off getting a sprint entry in due to COVID. A 2 week self funded hotel quarantine on my return isn’t an option.
                    I'm good company. A hotel room, some Abbotsford and my dvd collection with daily delivery of greasy take away....closest thing I will get to a holiday in 2020! Fitting in my race seat and being sober enough to actually drive after two weeks of lock down?!?!?!

Comment

Yeah Roy. Really hoping it comes off. Been way too long since I have hit the stouts with you and the SAU gang.

Comment

Yep, last year was awesome fun. I entered the supersprint this year despite my Lap times being safe for the regularity because you get more track time, smaller groups and people aren't slowing down in bullshit spots on you to meet their target time.
                        Last edited by Reedy; 26-07-20, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Will be back there this year, hopefully go quicker.

Comment

Entry refunds are available within a certain time, my plan is to just wait and see what border crossing restrictions are in place and make a decision then.

Comment

FYI - Here's a quote from an email that they sent me re: COVID and border closures if you are worried about the border situation.

"If the event is cancelled for whatever reason, we will offer full refunds to all competitors or provide the option to rollover their entry fee to the 2021 Event. Likewise, if a border is closed and, thus a competitor cannot enter NSW for the event, the same policy will apply."

Comment

Working...
                              X