No announcement yet.

Challenge Bathurst 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James O'Brien is pretty fair about these things. We are also offering full refunds for photo packages if people need to withdraw.
    Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
    Official Photographer 2020 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

The refund if you can't get into NSW sounds fine but... it's not the getting into NSW that's the problem I can see. It's getting back into your own state without 2 weeks enforced holiday afterward that puts a dampener on things. Still, let's see how we get on in a few months without getting ahead of ourselves.

I was a bit concerned about making it to Bathurst this Feb due to all the fires, which were also closing the WA border for a week or so. Seems like small beer now compared to months of border closure now however!

Comment

Getting out of NSW back into Q is my concern, given our border closing program. But yeah, out of our control, wait and see.

Comment

AP is still fucking you QLDers over bigtime. Hopefully it clears in the next month or so.
          Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
          Official Photographer 2020 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
            AP is still fucking you QLDers over bigtime. Hopefully it clears in the next month or so.
            It's you diseased sutherners that are the problem, infecting the Logan sluts every time they sneak over the border for some southern sniff comfort sniff. That plus footballers doing their fuck buddy open gangbanging thing and rich sutherners escaping from poxy multi disaster Melbourne.
            Last edited by Neesan; 11-09-20, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing due to the pro team 300kph interlopers us Regularity blokes in our hot temp wise closed coupes are required to use all the personal safety gear invented. Which is not required for Q local sprints but would cost me around $2000. Cool suit shit, well a pit crew is needed to handle it, maybe 2k to buy?

The world has gone mad, seriously.

EDIT: And CAMS are effin just plain incompetent, if my car was registered none of the $2000 safety nuisance gear would be required and I as driver would be in much more danger, no full cage for a start.
              Last edited by Neesan; 02-10-20, 05:06 PM.

Comment

So I’ve gone 1 second faster than last year despite it being ridiculously hot.

More interesting news today is Jeff going more than 2 seconds faster than the road car lap record that Bernd Maylander set in an AMG GTR in his GT2 RS. I look forward to the internet arguments that this will no doubt spark.

Comment

1sec? Nice work!

Opinions on the event? Seems pretty expensive, albeit opportunities to run at the mountain are very limited.

Comment

Link to live timing http://challengebathurst.com/timing?...cDHqXu6q8LnLio

Comment

Originally posted by 36 View Post
                      1sec? Nice work!

Opinions on the event? Seems pretty expensive, albeit opportunities to run at the mountain are very limited.
                      Well it's Bathurst isn't it, nothing compares But as my rant above indicates it may not suit everyone because of the bullshit safety requirements including for regularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Neesan View Post

Well it's Bathurst isn't it, nothing compares But as my rant above indicates it may not suit everyone because of the bullshit safety requirements including for regularity.
                        Sigh.

You're racing a car around Bathurst. Perhaps just suck it up and enjoy it like the other blokes?

Comment

Originally posted by Neesan View Post

Safety requirements?

Are you referring to needing to wear a fire proof suit, gloves etc? Considering the speed and proximity of walls (and standards of some of the drivers!) I don't think that is all that far fetched.

Comment

Originally posted by 36 View Post

Safety requirements?

Are you referring to needing to wear a fire proof suit, gloves etc? Considering the speed and proximity of walls (and standards of some of the drivers!) I don't think that is all that far fetched.
                            Should be optional, too effin hot in a race car with no a/c. Sprint's in Q require none of that $2000 worth of shit.

Comment

I was pissed about the race suit thing last year because I found about that regulation after I’d already paid my entry. This year they did the same with gloves and balaclava but at least most of us have that stuff already.

if they are just clear with these requirements up front then it’s fine to insist on higher level safety gear. But telling you about it after taking your money sucks!

Comment

I heard from a mate there that day 1 of the sprints was a bit of a red flag shit show ? At least it was in his group. Makes me feel slightly less shit about not making it while I wait for an engine to get rebuilt. Still have unfinished business there. I heard this was the last year of the multi year deal signed for the event and no guarantees they will resign. Aren’t too many ways other than a door to door racing (and I think Porsche and lotus club events ) to get access to that track.

Comment

Working...
                                X