Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prémio De Portugal 2020

Mmmmm a beer grandprix in Portugal

'Remember drink responsibly. '- im sure the Portugese would give no farks for that nanny state message...

Anyways

Odds .
    • Hamilton 2/5.
    • Valtteri Bottas 7/2.
    • Max Verstappen 9/2.
    • Sergio Perez 50/1.
    • Daniel Ricciardo 66/1.
    • Lando Norris 125/1.

Go go Dan.

Excellent. Should definitely drop a wager on #3.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

I am hoping this will be similar to Mugello!
      Originally posted by brasher
      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

So am I, but I think the circuit being a lot newer will take away a little bit of pucker factor compared to Mugello.

Its still going to be another exciting weekend, with the drivers and teams finding their feet, and the variables that will throw up.

Hoping Dan can get another solid result, and that McLaren have a stronger race than the last race where they went right off the boil.

Comment

really looking forward to seeing the cars on this track

Comment

This place is a rollercoaster. is already cool as fuck. Corners completely blind, huge elevation, high load corners, hard enforcement of track limits. And absolutely no grip lol.
            BMW E21 Racer

ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
              I am hoping this will be similar to Mugello!
              I'm thinking each season should have at least 1 wildcard race. These old school tracks are much better to watch.
              My car
              Corolla
              Originally posted by brasher
              I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Verstappen and stroll crash knto each other, gasley catches fire.

Bottas topped both sessions, with Hamilton second in fp1 and eighth in fp2.

Lando Norris third for McLaren. Ferrari better with Leclerc fourth two places ahead of Vettel.
                Sainz in there with 5th
                Dan in 13th.....
                Last edited by 9triton; 24-10-20, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Looks like anther practice session.fp3, Today before qualifying

Comment

It certainly looks wild on TV, and is giving the drivers a lot to think about...the tyre graining is fierce, and nobody seems to be that comfortable yet.

Its just a shame that the final corner is a long fast curve, as after a few laps, cars wont be able to follow close enough, and the drs may be a moot point.

Q3 will be an exciting session....Bottas for pole?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post

I'm thinking each season should have at least 1 wildcard race. These old school tracks are much better to watch.
                      I think this season has showed how much the show is improved with some new tracks. Imagine if there was a rule that apart from a few sacred ones (Monaco, Monza etc) you had to alternate each year? So, Melbourne alternating with Adelaide. A bit organisationally challenging, but I reckon it means you get huge events.

Comment

Yep, the teams not having relevant data to look at before the event means far more difficulty finding the optimal setting quickly, coupled with drivers adapting to the tracks a different rates, which all adds up to a more exciting show.

The only issue with lots of alternating races is that Liberty probably wouldnt be able to make as much money in the long term, due to race fees having to be lower to entice various tracks, to invest a lot for just a 1 year deal. More of an issue with street circuits where set up/pack down costs are aatronomical if you dont already own the gear, like Melbourne does. 10km + of barriers and saferty fencing cant be cheap...

Comment

Only just watching some laps of this now. Elevation changes galore!!!

Comment

Ham
                            Bott
                            Vers
                            Leclerc
                            Perez
                            Albon
                            Sainz

dan in 10th with no run in q3

And vettel 14th! Whilst Leclerc in 4th

Comment

Gutted for Bottas to be pipped at the post after being ahead in every other session.

Seems odd in Q3 for the team to send Lewis out so much earlier than Bottas, so he could do 3 laps to his 1.

Looking forward to the race, regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X