No announcement yet.

Formula 1 DHL Thanksgiving Turkey Grand Prix 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracking race. I did get a laugh at the start when the cars left the grid at a comically slow pace.

I wanted Bottas to go for a hail mary and throw the slicks on for the hell of it.
    My car
    Corolla
    Originally posted by brasher
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Dan's race was entirely fucked before he'd crossed the start line. If Verstappen didn't decide to turn hard to the right off the line, Dan was headed straight through the gap and wouldn't have got bogged down in traffic.

Comment

Renault had no pace all race though, he would have got a moment of glory but I think he would have drifted back pretty quickly.

And yeah, count me as one amazed that there weren't cars pinging off each other and the walls.

Comment

I rewatced (in the background) the race onboard with Bottas. He ended up with 5 spins, and a half spin. When Lewis was lapping him the team kept him pretty informed on the gap and Bottas was relying on the team to tell him when to let him through as he complained he couldn't see anything in the mirrors. The rear facing camera was just grey-brown filth. I didn't hear any complaints from him or requests to park the car.

After the race, all in monotone.
          Team: Lewis won his 7th Championship
          Bottas: Yeah, good for him

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post

Did you see him pretty much come to a stop at pit exit bashing his steering wheel non stop... I think he was not too happy
          Team: You did a good job
          Leclerc: No I did a shit job, no a fucking shit job....[some stuff in Italian?]
          Team: Radio button off
          My car
          Corolla
          Originally posted by brasher
          I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Leclerc certainly is his own worst critic, and seems to always be that way when he makes mistakes.

At least he owns things rather than instantly trying to find somebody else to blame,

Comment

Working...
            X