No announcement yet.

2021 CoVID Australian Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would be no issue if there is proper separation of the crowd and f1 personnel.

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

exactly. And after 14 rounds in various countries it's a fairly mature and proven system that's dealt with a few positive test results from personnel in various roles without any wider spread occurring.

Comment

A lot of teams and drivers are down a week or so early to get over jet lag etc - another week won't kill them.

I think it will happen.
        Originally posted by brasher
        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

I've booked flights in case it goes ahead. They were cheap and if the race doesn't happen I'm sure I can find something to do.

Comment

I think the issue will be the quarantine. By the back end of a European winter I cannot see Australia letting them in without quarantine (maybe with a vaccine? I dunno) and then there will be the logistics of actually doing quarantine, the numbers for just essential people would take out all quarantine spots in Victoria for a couple of weeks, how is that going to fly if there’s still Australians trying to get home? I hope it happens but I wouldn’t be putting any money at risk as I think it’s more likely it won’t.

Comment

I could be a part of the pit crew if they need
              AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Originally posted by IMOA View Post
                I think the issue will be the quarantine. By the back end of a European winter I cannot see Australia letting them in without quarantine (maybe with a vaccine? I dunno) and then there will be the logistics of actually doing quarantine, the numbers for just essential people would take out all quarantine spots in Victoria for a couple of weeks, how is that going to fly if there’s still Australians trying to get home? I hope it happens but I wouldn’t be putting any money at risk as I think it’s more likely it won’t.
                charter their own flights and hotel?
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

charter their own flights and hotel?
                  I think the flights will be easy, hotel with security etc a much bigger problem, especially politically and especially in Victoria. How far is Dan going to stick his neck out for F1?

Comment

I reckon he wants it on pretty badly TBH. Exactly one year later we are back on etc.

They are pushing for the Australian open to go ahead, it's usually in Jan, but will be March I think.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Yeah but the F1 staff are hardly Bob the yobbo who says "fuck da govinmunt ehhhh"

Staff are going to stick to the rules lest they get fired.
                      Originally posted by brasher
                      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                        Yeah but the F1 staff are hardly Bob the yobbo who says "fuck da govinmunt ehhhh"

Staff are going to stick to the rules lest they get fired.
                        Indeed. We arent dealing with Karens and Kens (if thats the term?) we are dealing with consumate professionals who want the event to go ahead even more than the punters do, so none of them will be trying to sneak out the fire escape, or fuck a security guard etc.

Comment

I’m more worried about the media than any actual problems. There will be ‘rich Europeans with COVID get to come to Australia when aunt mavis stuck in Italy’ stories so the government needs to be super committed to it. Dan can certainly chin out and take some criticism, I just fear that he won’t be willing to do it for F1.

And I’d love to be wrong!

Comment

This will be the first time in 10 years that we haven't headed down. Got stung last year with accommodation and flights for five and now you can see how quickly the government reacts to a small outbreak.

We are looking at grabbing a house with a big tv near the beach with some waitresses and someone to cook for the four days instead. If its on great if not just a boys weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by hrd View Post
                              exactly. And after 14 rounds in various countries it's a fairly mature and proven system that's dealt with a few positive test results from personnel in various roles without any wider spread occurring.
                              Yeah only around 10% of all drivers have tested positive. One most likely positive whilst at an event. I suppose that's "mature and proven".......

Comment

Originally posted by dave1600 View Post

Yeah only around 10% of all drivers have tested positive. One most likely positive whilst at an event. I suppose that's "mature and proven".......
                                you're hard to please... 5 months and 14 races in 10 different countries, some of which are amongst the hardest hit by the pandemic, without any real issues and certainly without any failures of their protocols.

but go on then, let's hear what's wrong with the system...

Comment

Working...
                                X