2021 MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 MotoGP

The provisional calendar will see the opening race of the season take place in Qatar, our usual opening Grand Prix venue at the end of March. After a weekend off the MotoGP™ circus heads to Argentina and America on the 11th and 18th of April before the European leg begins – as usual – at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto on the 2nd of May.

France, Italy, Catalunya, Germany, Netherlands and – subject to homologation – Finland will lead us to the 11th of July, with the next venue on the list currently down as TBC. If the provisional calendar becomes the final one, then Austria and Great Britain host MotoGP™ races in August, before the Aragon and San Marino rounds take place in September.

Then, hopefully, it’s time for the flyaway races. Japan and Thailand will be back-to-back on the 3rd and 10th of October, before Australia and Malaysia get underway on the 24th and 31st of October. And then, after a weekend off, the grand finale will be held in Valencia on the 14th of November as another season draws to a close in eastern Spain.

See below for the full provisional 2021 calendar:

Are we likely to see cancellations given the virus is still out there?

Marquez back on a bike yet?
    '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

More than likely will see changes, who knows what will happen, the world is crazy at this point!
      Marquez still recovering, hasn't been on a bike yet, but has worn his leathers!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	134377310_186575979845570_6124783055305658453_n_ok.middle.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	7213151

Comment

Marquez is still in recovery and word is he wont be fit for the first or second round. So that does leave alot of doubt around fitness and also the fact he has missed so much racing and also all the preseason testing.

Another crazy year for sure. Jack is at Ducati factory so watch out for some god performances by him. Suzuki have made the leap to the big stage based on consistency and providing a ridable bike in a wide range of conditions. that suited last year as they were basically racing in the autumn in some countries. It really reminded me of Yamaha's early Rossi days, where they were focused on all round performance and not outright hp or speed.

Honda will have a tough year without a good test rider and some direction from some established talent that can point to issues easily. They have Alex Marquez and Taka, but they're both relatively young. Pol will do well but we still dont know who Marquez' replacement will be.
          "Cadillacs are more awesome than everything. All this newcomer needs is to post pics of tits somewhere and he will probably be the new king of PF. "

Comment

Pol needs to stop the spoilt brat behaviour that he is consistent with for him to get anywhere.

Comment

Morbidelli will own him anyway
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Poor Marquez, not looking good for this year "if" he is fit enough to ride

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Damn, no chance for him to kick other riders off their bikes He must be devastated.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                    Morbidelli will own him anyway
                    Agree, I actually hope he does!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                      Poor Marquez, not looking good for this year "if" he is fit enough to ride

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                      It's just not the same without him out there is it?
                      Don't get me wrong, there was heaps of good races last year, but nowhere near the entertainment value without his displays of craziness!
                      Makes me wonder if all that will be tamed down , when he finally does get back out on track, due to the seriousness of the current injury??

Comment

I definitely think we will see a different MM93 when he next gets on the bike. The experiences he has gone through since Jerez last year change how your brain is wired, and as crazy as he is, he is still human.

The reality is that if his brain stops his body doing the things we have all got so used to seeing over the past 8 years, then he only needs to lose 5% performance, for the whipper snappers to be hot on his heels.

Time will tell, I guess...

Interesting to see that Davide Brivio has left Suzuki, apparently to go to F1, so that will shake up thr stability of last years championship winning team. How much is anyones guess, but stability is stability.

I cant wait to see Jack on the factory Ducati, with all the technical backing that comes with it.

Cant help but feel that Franky is going to be one to watch, given he will be on the "best" Yamaha out there. If I was Rossi, I would be screaming for the same bike too, although we all know that he wont do that.

Sadly, the season will be nothing like what is originally planned...Covid will put paid to that, but as with 2020, I will be grateful for whatever racing they can manage to put on for us.

BRING IT ON!!!

Comment

Marc may become a different rider entirely, with the new guys pushing hard though it could also lead to him pushing harder - who knows. Will be an interesting season! Will it be Vale's last?

Not a fan of Pol.. Morbidelli will be interesting to watch.

Factory Yamaha team - not sure what to think there. Too inconsistent last year (for both riders, noting 1/4raro was on the B team).
                          '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

While Marc is the most entertaining rider to watch.
                            Fuck, I would pay to watch in lap by himself

Last year was enjoyable with the unpredictability of who was going to be on the podium, win, etc.

hopefully Miller can race the whole race this year rather than running out of grip
                            '01 RS125
                            '01 CR500
                            '05 CR250
                            '07 CR125
                            '70 Mk2 Cortina
                            '80 1200 Ute
                            '12 Transit

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                              Marc may become a different rider entirely, with the new guys pushing hard though it could also lead to him pushing harder - who knows. Will be an interesting season! Will it be Vale's last?

Not a fan of Pol.. Morbidelli will be interesting to watch.

Factory Yamaha team - not sure what to think there. Too inconsistent last year (for both riders, noting 1/4raro was on the B team).
                              Agree with all this.
                              I reckon it will be pretty close to Rossi calling it a day, especially if his form is as shit as the last few years.
                              I can't take to Pol either, he's a bit of a sooky bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X