No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpopular opinion but I still think MM should of retired last year. His body isn't right.

Well Rossi...should go as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
      Unpopular opinion but I still think MM should of retired last year. His body isn't right.

Well Rossi...should go as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
      Yeah Rossi you'd have to wonder after being world champ to be down 10-15th.

A quick Google shows he us still getting $10m a year. So is that i guess

Comment

Yeah its hard to blame the bike now when Morbidelli is getting better results on the same/worse machine

I think Vale is cruising, and by that i mean only pushing 99.5% when the young guys hungry for wins are pushing 105%

With Marc the situation is complicated by the Honda not being great
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Would be great for Vale to get a 200th podium but can't see it happening. He should have retired a couple years back really, he's done amazing things for the sport but his seat being open allows someone new into.

Don't see MM retiring for quite some time. Vale is still looking to get his own motoGP team?

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
          Horrible crash, i hate it when everyone is thinking it but no ones saying it - you just know when there’s that many people around someone and they haven’t moved from where the rider ended up, and then the stupid attempts to shield it all from view
          On another note, just lol at Binales mentally coming undone because of Marquez following him on track
          imagine being a fan of that guy, why would you do that to yourself
          Was watching it with a mate and once we saw how long it was taking we both said he's dead, at 19 to have such an unfortunate accident - tragic loss. RIP Jason.

'13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Remi Gardner getting promoted to the top class for next year. Epic having two Aussie’s in.
            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Indeed, this is great news for Remy, and any Antipodean fan.

I still have many fond memories of watching his Dad racing in the golden era of 500cc GP, against Mick Doohan, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz et al

Comment

good news, the way he’s been riding lately he deserves it
                Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Remy on Pole for tonights race too

Jack is on the front row in second for the main race,with 1/4raro on pole, and Zarco in third,

Keep in mind that the MotoGp race is on earlier, in order to not clash with the F1.

Comment

Good race, shame with the crashes - MM, Pol, Aleix, Rossi etc.

Airbag deployed for 1/4raro - so he opened his race suit and chest protector flew out - surprised they didn't black flag the race there, if that's what happened, his tyres weren't looking great around the 18th lap.Similar happened to BB33 and he said it took 2 laps to deflate and be able to breathe again, so it is plausible? I don't see it being a faulty zipper given he zipped it back up post race finish and on way to the pits?

Remy with a win, nice!
                    Last edited by shifted; 07-06-21, 12:31 PM.
                    '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                      Good race, shame with the crashes - MM, Pol, Aleix, Rossi etc.

Airbag deployed for 1/4raro - so he opened his race suit and chest protector flew out - surprised they didn't black flag the race there, if that's what happened, his tyres weren't looking great around the 18th lap.Similar happened to BB33 and he said it took 2 laps to deflate and be able to breathe again, so it is plausible? I don't see it being a faulty zipper given he zipped it back up post race finish and on way to the pits?

Remy with a win, nice!
                      Not sure where you get that info from?
                      He doesn't mention anything about his airbag going off, just the zipper coming down....
                      https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...eathers/377919

Comment

Speaking before the second penalty, Quartararo said of the incident with his leathers:

"I don't know what happened. I just know that I had the leathers completely open in the first corner and I just tried to put [the zip] back in a normal position again. I couldn't do it. When [the zip] is totally down you need to stretch [the two sides together to pull the zip back up], like a zip on a pair of jeans.

"So it was difficult to ride but unfortunately it happens. Alpinestars are looking into how it's happened because at the end of the race it was possible again to close the zip [like normal]. But it's like this. It was not our day but I can be happy with this fourth position.

Comment

Three second penalty for the leathers. Not sure that’s much of a deterrent in the future if it ever happens again.

It would have been very bad if he’d come off.

Comment

Originally posted by evo-gsr View Post
                            Speaking before the second penalty, Quartararo said of the incident with his leathers:

"I don't know what happened. I just know that I had the leathers completely open in the first corner and I just tried to put [the zip] back in a normal position again. I couldn't do it. When [the zip] is totally down you need to stretch [the two sides together to pull the zip back up], like a zip on a pair of jeans.

"So it was difficult to ride but unfortunately it happens. Alpinestars are looking into how it's happened because at the end of the race it was possible again to close the zip [like normal]. But it's like this. It was not our day but I can be happy with this fourth position.
                            https://www.visordown.com/news/racin...lls-punishment

https://motomatters.com/news/2021/06...d_penalty.html

There's a comment from someone there talking about airbag being deployed and how BB33 had a similar issue, which makes sense to me. Nothing official stated, but I hardly see how the zip could come undone when racing without unzipping it yourself. Doubt anyone would want a headline stating airbag deployed? French commentators apparently also said airbag deployed.

Airbag?

breganzane replied on Sun, 2021-06-06 23:24

When I saw it the first time - the forward facing rear camera as he struggled to remove his chest protector - it looked to me that the airbag had gone off. It was all puffed up, including down around the hips. Not at all unprecedented, it happened to BB33 just last race when MM clattered into him, although perhaps hasn't happened without some sort of impact. When BB's airbag went off he said it took a lap or two to deflate and to be able to move and even breathe on the bike again. Fair enough the leathers will puff up at speed with the zip even partially undone, possibly looking like an airbag deployment, but it looked like airbag to me. Are they covering for a sponsor's product failing? <sorry for my tin hat>

If FQ's airbag went off, it's entirely possible (but extremely dumb) that he might have then partially unzipped his leathers to get the chest protector out to make some room so he couild breathe. Wind then opened it all the way. Has an unintended airbag deployment been categorically denied?

I'm in total agreement that he should have been meatballed immediately (unless he pulled off line and properly rezipped the leathers). If he had of fallen the leathers would quite likely have been peeled off him and he'd be a meatball himself. But I mean, being in race control is also probably not easy, they have to make sure what they do is per the rule book. It was all going on quite close to the end of the race. I've been watching this sport for about 35 years and never seen anything like it.

Comment

I dunno, still not convinced.
                              surely he would of mentioned that in the interview I linked.
                              Guess we will never know the full story.....

Comment

With all the money on 1/4raro to win, and his comment above, one must ask did he do a dirty deal?

I hope not. I'm not convinced it was either of those two issues written above either. He threw the chest plate out. If I remember correctly he unzipped, threw the chest plate and tried to do it up. I though that the thing was causing him grief that's why he tossed it. Then couldn't do up his suit
                                "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Working...
                                X