No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows what the real story is, just seemed plausible.

Originally posted by mizone View Post
    With all the money on 1/4raro to win, and his comment above, one must ask did he do a dirty deal?

I hope not. I'm not convinced it was either of those two issues written above either. He threw the chest plate out. If I remember correctly he unzipped, threw the chest plate and tried to do it up. I though that the thing was causing him grief that's why he tossed it. Then couldn't do up his suit
    So if it were the airbag that deployed, he would have unzipped to be able to breathe, the zip then moved down on it's own, wind starts catching chest plate, he rips off plate, continues riding?
    '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

I still come back to the fact that he himself, FQ , didn't say a word about the airbag going off in the interview I posted, he has no reason to hide that fact, if it did??
      People talking on that other forum you linked are only speculative also, so I take that as a grain of salt.

Comment

The report I read had Quatararo saying teh zip wasn't right from the start of the race and was slowly coming down. Because of the tightness of the suit it is a 2-handed job to pull up the zip; not something you want to be doing at over 200km/h. The falling zip caused the chest plate to come up and affected his ability to control the bike so he unzipped further and tossed the protector.

Wind getting into the suit would cause it to billow and look a bit like the airbag had fired. If you've ever ridden with a partially unzipped jacket at road speeds, you would know the billowing feeling. You also see it on squids in their t-shirts.
        Last edited by Banzai; 08-06-21, 09:10 PM.
        If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Definitely know the billowing effect, does he also has a contract with Alpinestars?
          '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Casey Stoner saying whatever the cause, racing at 300kmh with open leathers should be a black flag - 100% agree with him, even if it fucked Fabios race through no fault of his own
            Originally posted by Jim
            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Only watched the race tonight and have to agree with stoner, whatever the reason if you have to fundamentally disable your primary safety equipment then you’re out of the race. People can argue about whether or not that’s fair but you have to draw a line and that’s a pretty simple line to draw.

Comment

Fully agree with both of you.

It wasnt Fab's fault, but that should have no bearing on race direction doing the right thing, and black flagging him to save him from himself.

No elite athlete is ever going to give it up unless forced to...Paul Tracy being a good example, when his harnesses come undone during an Indycar race and he kept racing to the flag in order to not lose the points.

The thought of Fab's coming off and sliding along the ground on his front horrifies me, and I was not enjoying the last 3 laps of the race due to that mental image.

Comment

The dreaded meatball flag comes out in racing all the time. I really can't understand why they didn't give it to him as soon as they knew.

It wouldn't have been a good look for race direction or the sport if he'd come off on the last lap.

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
                    The dreaded meatball flag comes out in racing all the time. I really can't understand why they didn't give it to him as soon as they knew.

It wouldn't have been a good look for race direction or the sport if he'd come off on the last lap.
                    My thoughts exactly, and especially only 1 week after the death of J.D, you would think that they would be doing everything possible to avoid any potentially negative press

Comment

Late on the comments but +1 they should have instantly black flagged him as you can only imagine the carnage had he come off at speed as it would have just ripped the top half of his leathers right off.

MotoGP aside, how fucking good was the Moto3 race. Ok so they are ALWAYS good but fuck me having 18 or so crazy, hungry young mofo's slip streaming down the main straight then all fanning out to try and beat each other in to turn 1 was a sight to behold (lap after lap after lap too!)
                      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Yep! Actually incredible there wasnt a massive pileup, how they all managed to avoid each other i'll never know
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

I sometimes feel that the only reason they manage to avoid each other when fanning out like that, is simply luck, more than skill, as its not as if they are checking over their shoulders where the others are in the milliseconds the make these moves in.

Whilst its always mega exciting to watch the small bikes, the more I do, the more I get the feeling in my gut that I get when watching somebody spin or hit the wall on of the super speedways in Indycar, and just praying nobody gets collected when he comes back down across the track

Comment

Even Quartararo thinks he should have been black flagged

https://au.motorsport.com/motogp/new...otogp/6545171/
                            Last edited by womblesti; 10-06-21, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
                              Even Quartararo thinks he should have been black flagged

https://au.motorsport.com/motogp/new...otogp/6545171/
                              I read that yesterday, and was even more surprised when I read his comments aimed at Stoner for saying he should have been black flagged.

1/4raro seems like a very well mannered young chap, so I was taken aback that he decided to get on twitter to call Casey out for being on his couch at home, and liking to go fishing, especially given CS's long battle with chronic fatigue

Comment

Maybe they can stir Casey up enough for a cameo appearance in an upcoming race, sure shit has changed a lot since he retired but everyone would love to see him have a crack! (he won't)
                                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X