• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinales gone with immediate effect.

Comment

Originally posted by stevanford View Post
      Vinales gone with immediate effect.
      Now the question is, will we see him on an Aprillia any time soon? Apparently he has some tests lined up in the near future, with the view to get on the bike this year in the race proper.

So this weekend we have Silverstone...always an epic race, regardless of whether its F1 or the bikes!!!

I expect this is going to be a tough one for MM93 given its a clockwise circuit, and its MEGA fast, too so all the right hand corners like Abbey, Woodcote, Copse, and stowe are going to test his right shoulder in a big way, not to mention the change of direction at the maggots/becketts complex. If he can top 5 this weekend, he is well on his way back to his old(younger) self

It is going to be a dry race so I expect the pace to be pretty relentless

Cal to win at home?
      Last edited by Mr Ree; 25-08-21, 06:02 PM.

Comment

lol no chance
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
          lol no chance
          Damnit!!!

I forgot the italics...

Comment

lol no chance
            This, he'll come off before the race is over.

Comment

WHy are they not taking the opportunity to stick some Moto2 guys on the bike? I mean yes it would make for a pretty hectic weekend for them but still....
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

WHy are they not taking the opportunity to stick some Moto2 guys on the bike? I mean yes it would make for a pretty hectic weekend for them but still....

They are....Jake Dixon will be on the other Yamaha

Comment

Well MM93 still knows how to bounce like a cat!!! That turn 2 crash was rediculous and he was very lucky not to get his feet or any other body part caught up in it when he lost it at circa 270kph. His brother obviously decided he wanted to emulate him too given his attempts to recreate the crash. Scary stuff

1/4raro was very lucky to not suffer any serious injury with his off. I was sure he had broken his ankle or tib/fib when the camea first picked him up. Thankfully it appears to just be some serious bruising, but again as above, he was very lucky not to get his foot caught in the rear wheel as it threw him off

Rossi in the top 10 was great to see

Cant wait for quali

Comment

Fabio’s crash was a nasty one.

These guys are pretty awesome having crashes like that, hurt themselves then jump back on and put in the fastest lap.

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
                      Fabio’s crash was a nasty one.

These guys are pretty awesome having crashes like that, hurt themselves then jump back on and put in the fastest lap.
                      Indeed, and could have been so much worse.

For sure, theyre the modern day equivalent of Roman gladiators in my opinion

Comment

Quali was bloody exciting, and a shock Pole for Pol

Jorge Martin looked to have taken pole and smashed the lap record by 1.5 secs for a while there, until the replay showed he cut a corner but the timing loop failed to register the error.

So good to see Valentino back in the top 10 all weekend, looking comfortable on the bike and not suffering with the persistent Yamaha spin issues, due to the track not having any really slow corners to accelerate out of. I hope he has a great race tonight on his last visit to Silverstone

Comment

Dovi in for Petronas sometime soon...most likely Misano

"we’ll be seeing Morbidelli with Quartararo and Dovizioso, who’ll be sharing the garage with Rossi."
                          Last edited by JamoRS; 29-08-21, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Qite good race. Not as much edge of seats like previous wet race.Jack miller just didnt quite do it for 3rd.. Got ahead on last lap but aprillia accelleration got back.

Comment

Yep good effort by Jack

Would've liked to have seen the other Asparagus brother podium but anyhoo still good

Soft tyre well and truly fucked some guys didnt it!
                              Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 30-08-21, 09:35 AM.
                              Originally posted by Jim

Comment

that aprilia gets off the corners well.

had to check the calendar, as fabio on the yamaha feels very much like a certain #99 on a yamaha a few years ago.
                                GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                                VF2 Redline Ute
                                E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Working...
                                X