No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ride for remi, getting closer to wrapping up the championship.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Indeed, Remy is doing really well, and while I dont want to count any chickens yet, its inspiring to watch, and I bet Wayne is feeling pretty bloody proud at the mo. Watching him on a big bike next year is going to truly be something special

In other news....Maverick will be riding the Aprillia from the next round onwards. He did a two day test at Misano already, so wont be hitting the track on a completely alien platform...the engineers said they were very impressed with his pace, and it certainly didnt feel like it was somebody riding a chassis for the first time. Lets wait and see how he goes.

Comment

Interesting, so he is riding with Aleix, and they booted out whoever Maverick has replaced?
        '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
          Interesting, so he is riding with Aleix, and they booted out whoever Maverick has replaced?

Yep....

The Spaniard will also replace Lorenzo Savadori for the remainder of the 2021 MotoGP™ World Championship

Lorenzo Savadori will therefore be confirmed as test rider for the 2022 season. For the rest of the 2021 season, Savadori will be taking part in a selection of wildcards that Aprilia have available. Savadori’s schedule will be formalised as soon as he has fully recovered from the injury suffered during the Styria GP, which was a fractured right malleolus that required surgery.
          Last edited by JamoRS; 02-09-21, 08:56 PM.

Comment

And....

A raft of changes have been made to the Petronas Yamaha SRT and Petronas Sprinta Racing line-ups ahead of the Tissot Aragon Grand Prix next weekend. Jake Dixon remains in MotoGP™ after a promising showing at Silverstone, with Moto3™ star John McPhee filling his seat and set to make his long-awaited first Moto2™ appearance. Meanwhile, FIM Moto3™ Junior World Championship front-runner Syarifuddin Azman will fill McPhee's vacant seat and the Malaysian will make his World Championship debut.

Comment

wow, there’s no shortage of talented Moto3 riders to pick for the step up but McPhee sure isn’t one of them
              Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 02-09-21, 11:32 PM.
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

As an aside, Savadori was only brought in to the race seat to stand in for Andrea Iannone, as his doping ban was extended due to him trying to fight it, and was always aware that it might not be a full season, so I dont think we will see any lawyers.

It will be interesting to see what Mcphee can do on the Moto2 bike, given he is so small....its not like the intermediate class are small 250cc 2 strokes anymore....the 674cc triples weigh a fuck ton more compared to those days.

On a slightly different topic, (as we dont have a WSBK thread) I dont know if any on here watch the series closely, but its really tightening up in the fight for the championship after Johnny Rea has made a few uncharacteristic mistakes over the past few rounds, and given Toprak Razgatlioglou and to a lesser extent, Scott Redding, a sniff of the cup, so this weekend is going to be very crucial in the points table with Rea and Raz equal on 311, and with Redding a further 36 behind

Scott wasnt appearing to gel with the Works Ducati as well this year, as he did last year, so decided to announce at the last race that he would be leaving the team, to head to the BMW works team to ride alongside Michael Van Der Mark. But no sooner had he announced it than he seemed to find better form on the Ducati....I hope the decision works out for him and doesnt end up being an Alonso moment...

Comment

Dorna want a British Rider in Motogp as soon as possible.

Which is why McPhee most likely has been elevated
                  '01 RS125
                  '01 CR500
                  '05 CR250
                  '07 CR125
                  '70 Mk2 Cortina
                  '80 1200 Ute
                  '12 Transit

Comment

Originally posted by buket of water View Post
                    Dorna want a British Rider in Motogp as soon as possible.

Which is why McPhee most likely has been elevated
                    For sure, I understand that logic.

Dorna will be fricken stoked that Remy has been improving so much this year, and could very well be champion by years end before moving to the big bikes...having another Ozzy in the top class for the first time since Stoner retired will be well received at Dorna HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

For sure, I understand that logic.

Dorna will be fricken stoked that Remy has been improving so much this year, and could very well be champion by years end before moving to the big bikes...having another Ozzy in the top class for the first time since Stoner retired will be well received at Dorna HQ.
                      Jack Miller? Or do you mean two?

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post

Jack Miller? Or do you mean two?
                        Yes, I meant two, but I should have clarified that I meant since Casey retired from doing testing duties, not actually racing, as he stopped racing a couple of years before Jackass made the giant leap to the big bikes.

After growing up watching Wayne and Mick, anything less than 2 Ozzy's on the grid feels a little light to me.

Comment

Watch this:

skip to 26:30. It explains why we have so many Spanish riders currently.

the whole podcast it worth a listen in my opinion
                          '01 RS125
                          '01 CR500
                          '05 CR250
                          '07 CR125
                          '70 Mk2 Cortina
                          '80 1200 Ute
                          '12 Transit

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                            On a slightly different topic, (as we dont have a WSBK thread) I dont know if any on here watch the series closely, but its really tightening up in the fight for the championship after Johnny Rea has made a few uncharacteristic mistakes over the past few rounds, and given Toprak Razgatlioglou and to a lesser extent, Scott Redding, a sniff of the cup, so this weekend is going to be very crucial in the points table with Rea and Raz equal on 311, and with Redding a further 36 behind

Scott wasnt appearing to gel with the Works Ducati as well this year, as he did last year, so decided to announce at the last race that he would be leaving the team, to head to the BMW works team to ride alongside Michael Van Der Mark. But no sooner had he announced it than he seemed to find better form on the Ducati....I hope the decision works out for him and doesnt end up being an Alonso moment...
                            It's sure nice to see some fighting for positions and someone else winning in WSBK I know that much! Fuck me it was getting boring watching Rea win week after week and while he is obviously not a shit rider, I'm not much of a fan (he's a bit boring to watch so it's nice to see him really pushing and having to manhandle the bike a bit to stay with NiceRack!)
                            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post

It's sure nice to see some fighting for positions and someone else winning in WSBK I know that much! Fuck me it was getting boring watching Rea win week after week and while he is obviously not a shit rider, I'm not much of a fan (he's a bit boring to watch so it's nice to see him really pushing and having to manhandle the bike a bit to stay with NiceRack!)
                              Amen to that....JR is clearly the rider of his generation, and while I can appreciate his immense talent, I find him a little bland tbh, so have never really found myself cheering him on. Apart from Alvaro Bautista's brief challenge in 2019, its just been a monotonous JR show, so to have Toprak and Redding finally fighting with him, week in, week out, makes WSBK a far more exciting prospect

In other MotoGP news...Young Ozzy lad, Joel Kelso has just signed a full time Moto3 contract with CIP Green Power for 2022, the same team that called him up to fill in for the 2 rounds earlier this season...always great to have another Antipodean to cheer on

Comment

Very solid performance from MM93 in first practice just now...

Another anticlockwise circuit that he absolutely loves, so it will be interesting to see how his body copes over the weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X