No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't that just him tearing the tyre up and falling back?
    Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

It was, but then this was the problem when he was with Pramac last year.... if he hasnt been able to change his riding style by now he isnt ever going to be a title contender
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Sadly, another life was lost over the weekend in the SSP300 support class for the WSBK round at Jerez.

15 year old Dean Berta Vinales, cousin of Maverick, died after being involved in a 5 rider crash on lap 11.

He suffered severe head and chest injuries, and sadly died from his injuries.

Thats 3 kids lost this year in the support categories... Absolutely tragic

RIP Dean

Comment

COTA track is fucked! huge bumps and hell sketchy

Check out the slowmo of the bikes hitting them, full compression, they’re hanging on like a bucking bronco

No wonder they are not happy. Track + the weather means it’s going to be a race of attrition….
          Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
            COTA track is fucked! huge bumps and hell sketchy

Check out the slowmo of the bikes hitting them, full compression, they’re hanging on like a bucking bronco

No wonder they are not happy. Track + the weather means it’s going to be a race of attrition….
            It sure isnt aging well, is it? looks like a bloody FMX track

I think this will be a race to win by riding at 90%, rather than going all out....

Gutted to see Jacks pace from free practice seemingly evaporate, although I have a feeling that based on his mood when he got back to the garage, the team may have sent him out 4 or 5 seconds to late to ensure he made it over the line just in time to get a final flyer in.

Pecco seems to be riding the crest of a huge confidence wave right now...one slip up by 1/4raro and Pecco might just have a sniff at the crown if he keeps this form up

Comment

The last crash in Moto3 was pretty hectic. Good to see everyone getting up after that one.

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
                The last crash in Moto3 was pretty hectic. Good to see everyone getting up after that one.
                Yeah, that was genuinely horrific...so glad nobody was hit by a following bike, as I really feared we were about to see another kid taken too soon.

Poor Remy...if there was ever a time in the season to not crash, now is it. Raul is only 9 points behind him after winning the last 3 races on the trot, so I hope Remy can hit the reset button and come back out swinging at the next round

Have to take my hat off to MM93...that was a textbook win, and looked like the old Marc was riding again. I didnt think for a moment that he would have been able to sustain the lead on such a physical circuit for much more than 5 or 10 laps, but he was metronomic in his lap times, and definitely deserved the winners stetson!!!

Comment

Finally caught up yesterday and watched the MotoGP and Moto3 (I am not reading other posts in here to not spoil the Moto2 I will watch tonight!)

Great to see MM up front again and he rode it perfectly, even for such a shitty bumpy surface which looked like some of the Sunshine Coast hinterland back roads I ride where you have to fucking hang on tight in places! Fuck doing it at the speed these cunts go!

Moto3 was a good race as always but yeh, how about that fucking crash!!! Man I had some real bad inital thoughts when old mate went down as I knew what was about to come with dudes moto crossing through the air! The Acosta hit the wall and it looked fucking terrible initially but the replay showed it was more a glance on his back than whacking his head like I initially thought. Thank fuck they all got up and walked away (bloody amazing!) - as the commentators said "there goes 3 very lucky young men!" and thank fuck for that as we don't need another round where someone doesn't go home (we don't need ANY rounds like that in any Motorsport obviously!)
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Yeah the heli shot that really showed the speed of the crash was truly frightening. Kinda feel a bit for Oncu but he's learnt a lesson the hard way and they need to clamp down on the weaving.
                    Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Mannn the bumps. The crashes.. crikey.
                      '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

The 2022 calendar has just been announced, with a record 21 races...
                        Round Date Race Circuit
                        1 6 March Qatar (Evening race) Losail
                        2 20 March Indonesia (Subject To Homologation) Mandalika
                        3 3 April Argentina Termas
                        4 10 April Americas COTA
                        5 24 April Portugal Portimao
                        6 1 May Spain Jerez
                        7 15 May France Le Mans
                        8 29 May Italy Mugello
                        9 5 June Catalunya Barcelona
                        10 19 June Germany Sachsenring
                        11 26 June Netherlands Assen
                        12 10 July Finland (Subject to homologation) KymiRing
                        13 7 August Great Britain Silverstone
                        14 21 August Austria Red Bull Ring
                        15 4 September San Marino e Della Riviera di Rimini Misano
                        16 18 September Teruel Aragon
                        17 25 September Japan Motegi
                        18 2 October Thailand Buriram
                        19 16 October Australia Phillip Island
                        20 23 October Malaysia Sepang
                        21 6 November Valencia Ricardo Tormo

While the Kimiring looks cool, I dont think its that suitable for the big bikes, but Mandalika should be a good race

Comment

Do we really need 3 races in Spain?

Also yay for Sepang, hopefully a trip to Malaysia stays cheaper than a trip to Phillip Island...
                          Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Mandalika will probably be on my agenda in '23.....

Just hope the infrastructure copes on Lombok for the race and it actually benefits the locals, unlike what has been reported to be happening so far.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                              Do we really need 3 races in Spain?

Also yay for Sepang, hopefully a trip to Malaysia stays cheaper than a trip to Phillip Island...
                              3? They have 4, and have done for quite a while now

I kind of agree that its too much, but I guess there arent as many bike friendly circuits in other countries to lose one of two of the Spanish rounds.

What does a weekend at Philip Island cost to do on a budget? Ive wanted to do it for years, but accommodation seems hard to find, so Ive always thought the best way would be to hire an RV and sleep in it at the track

Comment

oh yep 4, missed one

I’m sure others can chime in with costs for PI but if you’ve gotta fly either way Malaysia is cheap, especially if you’re not too fussed about 5-star accomodation (lol Empress hotel)
                                Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X