Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORMULA ONE Gulf Air Bahrain GP 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FORMULA ONE Gulf Air Bahrain GP 2021

    This is looking like the closest year since, well, ages ago!!!

    The pack has closed up so much with the new regulations, and I dont think anybody, myself included, believed this was going to happen. Clearly the floor and difuser changes have benefited some teams, and others appear to have lost some performance, Merc included.

    Im sure it wont take them too long to claw back some of their pace, but until then, I am going to enjoy what we have right now

    Im honestly unable to come up with a definite podium at this stage, but have a gut feeling it will be Max, Bottas, and one of the red cars...Sainz has been outpacing Leclerc all weekend, apart from Quali, so maybe a fairy tale podium in his first race wearing red?

    Counting down the minutes until race start....almost wish I was a glass bbq enthusiast as getting up for this is going to be a tough one

    Cmon Dan, and Lando...punch above your weight!!!

    #2
    Yeah +1 for a
    ​​​a good season and less of hammos self aggrandisement.

    Comment


      #3
      Fell asleep during FP3 last night. Just watched highlights. Epic, although I just can’t see myself being awake for the race either

      Comment


        #4
        That's the advantage of Kayo.....
        ​​​​​​I will be watching Monday morning no doubt at a more sensible time.....

        Comment


          #5
          That’s the thing I struggle with reactivating my paid Kayo - by the time I can watch the race, it’s Monday morning - back to work. Even when I had the full subscription I found myself just watching the YouTube highlights so I could get on with work.

          Comment


            #6
            On topic though the new Honda and Fez engines look good!

            Dando is very close, can’t wait to see that battle in race conditions!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by DaveBxGT View Post
              On topic though the new Honda and Fez engines look good!

              Dando is very close, can’t wait to see that battle in race conditions!
              I think that is one of the things I am most relieved about....the Honda and Fez donks arent miles off, and reliability has been pretty good so far too. Honda are throwing everything at it this year, as they want to go out on a high. You can see from the speed in the Alpha Tauri that the donk has some serious punch

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DaveBxGT View Post
                That’s the thing I struggle with reactivating my paid Kayo - by the time I can watch the race, it’s Monday morning - back to work. Even when I had the full subscription I found myself just watching the YouTube highlights so I could get on with work.
                I'm the same. Ever since they moved the races back an hour it's been fucked and I've probably watched only 10% compared to previously.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Gats View Post

                  I'm the same. Ever since they moved the races back an hour it's been fucked and I've probably watched only 10% compared to previously.
                  When they moved the races back, even though I understand they waant to make it more Seppo friendly, I was cursing them, as watching a race that starts at midnight on a Sunday was hard enough for the past 25+ years, but watching them when they start at 1.10am makes it far harder that the extra 1hr and 10 minutes suggest.

                  When they announced 2 or 3 months ago that they were seriously considering putting them back to their original starting times, I was absolutely elated. ...then they decided to renege on that call, and just move them 10 minutes earlier FFS

                  I still watch them all live, but fuck me, apart from taking a lot of the enjoyment out of watching them due to being so tired when it starts, Mondays nowadays are so much harder to deal with after only 3-4 hours sleep

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

                    When they moved the races back, even though I understand they waant to make it more Seppo friendly, I was cursing them, as watching a race that starts at midnight on a Sunday was hard enough for the past 25+ years, but watching them when they start at 1.10am makes it far harder that the extra 1hr and 10 minutes suggest.

                    When they announced 2 or 3 months ago that they were seriously considering putting them back to their original starting times, I was absolutely elated. ...then they decided to renege on that call, and just move them 10 minutes earlier FFS

                    I still watch them all live, but fuck me, apart from taking a lot of the enjoyment out of watching them due to being so tired when it starts, Mondays nowadays are so much harder to deal with after only 3-4 hours sleep
                    When I was back in Australia I had to watch the races standing up to not fall alseep. And I'm very certain my monday work performances were quite shite. I'm too old for the inconvenience of the F1 times now, so F1TV was a godsend.
                    My car
                    Corolla
                    Originally posted by brasher
                    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Having F1 races start at civilised hours was one of the better things about working in Jakarta......

                      Comment


                        #12
                        you can still have that - if you live in WA
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

                        Originally posted by elfturbomax
                        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I've not missed a live race in 1.5 decades.

                          It's getting harder each year though for the late races!
                          Originally posted by brasher
                          TJ is 99% African American.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Canaidia is a stretch for me in WA. All the euro rounds are great.
                            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                            2007 KTM 250 SX

                            Originally posted by Monza
                            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Edit. Shit wrong thread ha

                              Can stay anyway
                              Last edited by St00ge; 28-03-21, 08:47 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X