Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 - We all know it is the San Marino Grand Prix

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    He was smoked by Lando all weekend from the very start. He just had no pace. Looking at new drivers they’re all slower than the established drivers really apart from Alonso. Maybe it just takes time

    Comment


      #77
      He didnt indicate there was damage or an issue in his post race interview, but may be something he didnt know about.

      Something is weird/off, the gap in quali and race was massively different, he was like 1s a lap slower almost.
      this signature intentionally left blank

      Comment


        #78
        I said it in the Bahrain thread, Dan spoke to my mate after Bahrain and said that he's building confidence each time he drives it, his biggest gain is under heavy braking and this is where he is currently working on development, there's plently of races left for him to podium.

        He's super stoked with the performance of the car and says there's heaps of potential.
        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
        2007 KTM 250 SX

        Originally posted by Monza
        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by CussCuss View Post

          Something is weird/off, the gap in quali and race was massively different, he was like 1s a lap slower almost.
          I don't think the gap was that big - after he let lando past - lando did pull away from Dan, but didn't really close in on the leaders (after the first few laps & he was warned not to burn off the tires)

          This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
            I said it in the Bahrain thread, Dan spoke to my mate after Bahrain and said that he's building confidence each time he drives it, his biggest gain is under heavy braking and this is where he is currently working on development, there's plently of races left for him to podium.

            He's super stoked with the performance of the car and says there's heaps of potential.
            *humblebrag*

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by willsy01 View Post

              *humblebrag*
              Yea pretty good how well the two of them get along, it was through my mate that I got to go MTB riding with Dan a few times.
              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
              2007 KTM 250 SX

              Originally posted by Monza
              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

              Comment


                #82
                I think give it time. He didn't have pace all weekend and still managed to get some decent points in the bag
                POWER CHIP free since 2003.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Maybe... but this is F1.... this isnt a Super 2 driver moving up to the main game supercars.....
                  /csh Racing

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by GSRman View Post

                    I don't think the gap was that big - after he let lando past - lando did pull away from Dan, but didn't really close in on the leaders (after the first few laps & he was warned not to burn off the tires)
                    He really was dropping him at close to a second a lap for ages. It was quite amazing. Ricciardo was very close to getting swamped by Gasley and Stroll at the end. Tough race.

                    Still, he's a much better driver than that, and eventually he'll get to grips with the car. Not like he can do a couple of weeks of testing like in the '90s.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Raikkonen penalty was a bit of an odd one, seems that at the time no one knew quite what he should have been doing, but after the race Masi realised Kimi / A.R. hadn't got it right and there was a mandatory penalty to be applied.
                      " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Looking like Seb should have retired

                        Comment


                          #87
                          I think the key is Dan seems quite happy in the post race interviews he isn't upset or dejected about his performance. Which says he knows the car has pace it is just he needs to learn its limits. As he mentioned there is probably a bit of muscle memory there where he is probably reacting to car movements because he just doesn't have the time in the car to know the indicators the car will give him when he is approaching that limit.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Classic Auto Fabrications:
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

                            http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

                            Comment


                              #89
                              I got about 50secs in before the Maroon 5 tune was too much.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                The fucking director needs shooting. There's 10 or so passes in 3 laps and we are watching three cars that are clearly managing there pace, well done fuck head.

                                Dan did a bit of defending against lando though. Lando got passed, then dan got back around him about 5 laps before he let him through. Although the director didn't think that was worth putting on....

                                How did Hamilton un lap him self and not the Haas?

                                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

                                Dr Hoon
                                .

                                DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X