X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Maybe an age limit on drivers....dunno

RIP
    most that die seem to be aged, not a sily concept to add an age limit.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

I agree its crazy fast, but is anyone a professional at targa? or are they all signing on for it knowing the risks?

I feel like it would start to be borderline if there were teams that were paying a driver to take these risks, but if its all people electing/paying to do it purely because they want to, then that I think is a slightly different situation.

RIP all.
      this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
        Maybe an age limit on drivers....dunno

RIP

Age is probably just a representation not a cause. I think it's really only people at that age have:
        1. enough race experience
        2. $ from owning a successful business (or otherwise) to race
        3. can build good relationships with sponsors due to their connections.

I could be wrong, but reckon most competitors (and be in that position) would be over the age of 50.

You'd pretty be much the prime demographic here, lol Don't enter a Targa soon ok?

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
        I agree its crazy fast, but is anyone a professional at targa? or are they all signing on for it knowing the risks?

I feel like it would start to be borderline if there were teams that were paying a driver to take these risks, but if its all people electing/paying to do it purely because they want to, then that I think is a slightly different situation.

RIP all.
        Everybody enters knowing fullwell the consequences I am sure, but no doubt that still doesn't stop Joe Random seeing the news story, and expecting something to be done about it. In today's world, even if you fuck up ..it is always someone else's fault

I am sure at least a few things will come out of this...
        Last edited by fury; 25-04-21, 01:39 AM.
        RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post

Age is probably just a representation not a cause. I think it's really only people at that age have:
          1. enough race experience
          2. $ from owning a successful business (or otherwise) to race
          3. can build good relationships with sponsors due to their connections.

I could be wrong, but reckon most competitors (and be in that position) would be over the age of 50.

You'd pretty be much the prime demographic here, lol Don't enter a Targa soon ok?

Everybody enters knowing fullwell the consequences I am sure, but no doubt that still doesn't stop Joe Random seeing the news story, and expecting something to be done about it. In today's world, even if you fuck up ..it is always someone else's fault

I am sure at least a few things will come out of this...
          Pretty much this. Put an age restriction and 75% of competitors are no longer eligible.

Combination of skills experience, financial capacity to run a quality car and flexibility in working hours as most of the guys are directors of small business and they can work around it.

While a sad event this year, it will go on. Peter Brock tsrga West, Adam Plate Targa Adelaide, John Mansell Targa Tasmania and Navin, Neagle & Mundy this week, they all knew the risks but all went out doing a sport they love.

RIP Navin, Neagle & Mundy

Comment

Doubt a WRC build standard would help when you're heading sideways into big trees at north of 160k, I'd expect them to be doing there in a gt3rs. If you believe the reported crash location (rather than them taking where the road was blocked off, as it) looks like the stand of trees they went into here, https://www.google.com/maps/@-43.167...7i13312!8i6656 and really bad luck to end up in them with all the empty paddocks around. Could have changed in the last 12 years, there's dirt driveways around, not much in the way of gravel verges shown that one report said was the cause? Leigh Mundy has competed in virtually all TTs since inception, won his category several times, so started in his 30s. Rather than age and failing reflexes and eyesight, maybe lack of seat time with last years event cancellations.
            Last edited by gxxr; 25-04-21, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
              I drive that road everyday. It's got some hairy bits, but to come unstuck on that straight requires something to really go wrong.

Poor old buggers.

Edit: I mixed it up with Woodbridge Rd. I Don't drive this one every day, but the only thing that Street view doesn't show is there are some small undulating rises in that section, and when you crest and see the river at 100 (it's a 100 zone) it can cause a shock resulting in lifting off accelerator. At 160+ in a Porsche, that would be enough to go to shit I reckon.
              Last edited by aerobrick; 25-04-21, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I'm very familiar with all the roads in the Cygnet stage. There's no way they should be doing these speeds without cars built to WRC standards. There are dips and potholes everywhere, it is all single lane or extremely narrow double lane with no shoulder, and Death on both sides in the form of trees, huge fence posts, rickety sheds and huts built right up to the edge of the road.

It doesn't bring any money/tourism to the area so the council won't do anything to make the roads more appropriate; it's going to be up to Mark and the Targa team to work something out

Comment

Fucking off the 6 tyre rule might be a good start
                  Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

Comment

Might have been mentioned, but It looked to me that Navin probably drowned ​​​​​​
                    RX7 crashed upside down in a creek.
                    Last edited by Sturmovik; 25-04-21, 10:46 PM.

Comment

there was a post on fb that cops at the rx7 crash stated the car had slicks on a wet stage. any evidence of this?
                      I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                      WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                      robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
                        there was a post on fb that cops at the rx7 crash stated the car had slicks on a wet stage. any evidence of this?
                        You get 6 tyres at the start of your choice. They have to last you the 5 days
                        Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

Comment

Motorsport Australia to establish Investigatory Tribunal

Motorsport Australia CEO Eugene Arocca has confirmed a special Investigatory Tribunal will be established following the recent fatalities at Targa Tasmania.

Under Motorsport Australia’s National Competition Rules (NCR), the CEO has the authority to establish the Tribunal, which will investigate all aspects of the incidents and provide recommendations to the Motorsport Australia Board...
                          RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by Swill View Post

You get 6 tyres at the start of your choice. They have to last you the 5 days
                            which, quite honestly is fucking stupid and asking for a lawsuit in cases like this.
                            I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                            WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                            robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

RIP Targa Tas, no sport in the country has had three fatalities in as many days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
                                Nope.
                                Check the video in the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc...icle/100090562

Looks like maybe Yoko AD08r?
                                Last edited by Sturmovik; 25-04-21, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X