F1 Heineken Grande Premio De Portugal 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 Heineken Grande Premio De Portugal 2021

This was a great race in Portimao last year, so hopefully it delivers again this weekend. The weather is unfortunately looking fine for all 3 days, so we are unlikely to see the skating rink we got at the start of the race last year, but at least the track lends itself well to great racing in the dry too

The DRS zone on the main straight is being shortened by 120 metres as it was far too effective last year, and they have also added a new DRS zone on the short straight between turns 4 and 5, which may help for some Danny Ric style sends.

Im crossing my fingers that Max can continue to put the pressure on Merc, and that McLaren continue to punch on at the head of the mid field.

Roll on Friday night for FP1, which I am certain will be like peak hour traffic out on track
    Last edited by Mr Ree; 28-04-21, 05:20 PM. Reason: typo

Pumped for this. It's been a really interesting season so far. Double header too with Spain.

Hoping Danny Ric has got himself comfortable.

Comment

https://www.racefans.net/2021/04/30/...s-says-bottas/

Poor Bottas, having to use cross ply taxi retreads.
      Originally posted by brasher
      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Pretty good free live timing with track map and shit. A++

Also deal on kayo for those in need.
        https://kayosports.com.au/?marketing...oucher=triplem

Comment

The biggest surprise for me after fridays practice sessions, was where the Alpines ended up...they havent shown any real pace this year, and then BAM, both cars are less than 4 tenths from the fastest time.

I wonder if there is something specific to this circuit that suits their car, or if they have made some set up changes that have brought the car into a better window

Mick Schumacher was not too shabby again, only being 1.7 seconds off the fastest time, and 2.3 ahead of Mazepin in P1 and 1.1 ahead in P2, and more imporatantly, his race pace was better than 4 or 5 other cars. Hopefully this trend continues

Comment

Anyone know what’s going on with this social media blackout? WTF1 and some other independents are doing it for racism or something?

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
              Anyone know what’s going on with this social media blackout? WTF1 and some other independents are doing it for racism or something?
              Online bullying/harassment.
              /csh Racing

Comment

TJ been harassing Bottas again?

Comment

Anyone know what the latest hotness is in 4K steaming of F1? I recently got rid of Foxtel and have Kayo, but dearly miss 4K. If I can find some 4K Ace streams or equivalent plan is to have Kayo as a backup.

Comment

kayo is 4k innit?
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                      kayo is 4k innit?
                      Nope just HD, and sometimes shit HD. I imagine they do all sorts of compression to get it to run smooth.

Comment

Kayo for that sweet 360p experience lol. Kayo is great for its convenience but can't hold a candle to Foxtel's 4K.

Comment

What happened to riccardio in quali?

final nail before replacement by Kvyat?
                          Last edited by 9triton; 02-05-21, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Claimed he cooked the tyres before he finished his lap but yeah not a great result

Comment

McLaren were the only team on mediums when everyone else was on softs. The risk worked for Lando. He did talk about trying to adapt to a new driving style beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                              X