No announcement yet.

F1 Heineken Grande Premio De Portugal 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something odd re the mediums. Ham and bot on med's beat the redbulls on softs.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
      He did talk about trying to adapt to a new driving style beforehand.
      If that was Ric saying that, I’m only gonna give him another race, maybe two to pull that excuse. The whole ‘oh I’m getting used to the car’ thing is getting old already. As much as I want to see Ric get results I’m getting worried.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
        Something odd re the mediums. Ham and bot on med's beat the redbulls on softs.
        Wind I think was the consensus wasn't it. Get a good run and it made a significant difference. Lewis' Q3 run was 0.4s slower than Q2 for example. And he had 0.5s on Bottas in Q2

Comment

Originally posted by RP_Automotive View Post

If that was Ric saying that, I’m only gonna give him another race, maybe two to pull that excuse. The whole ‘oh I’m getting used to the car’ thing is getting old already. As much as I want to see Ric get results I’m getting worried.
          I wouldn't be worried, look at his record when he made the switch from RBR > Renault. Crashed the car a few times (off onto the grass in Aus, smashed into Kvyat in Azerbaijan), not to mention having a lot of late braking trouble early on with the car (which Renault managed to resolve for him). His 2nd year was far far better (2020). He's doing no worse than any other driver in a new car, I don't see Vettel, Alonso, or Perez working miracles out there either

Comment

Not the most exciting race ever but Lewis had to pass both Max and Bottas to get there.

Mazespin is a joke.
            Originally posted by brasher
            TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Very glad to see Mick split the Williamses and finish far up the road from his team mate...

Another solid result from Lando...hes very comfortable in the McLaren this year, and being ahead of BOT is a big accomplishment

Comment

Well fuck me, that was dull. Not sure why I bother anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
                  Well fuck me, that was dull. Not sure why I bother anymore.
                  Been saying that for several years now. Still staying up late on Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post

I wouldn't be worried, look at his record when he made the switch from RBR > Renault. Crashed the car a few times (off onto the grass in Aus, smashed into Kvyat in Azerbaijan), not to mention having a lot of late braking trouble early on with the car (which Renault managed to resolve for him). His 2nd year was far far better (2020). He's doing no worse than any other driver in a new car, I don't see Vettel, Alonso, or Perez working miracles out there either
                    Yep, if you look at his 2019 results he was only in the top ten 4 times in the first 10 races, he's been in the top 10 all 3 races this year, not bad when you can see where the car should be (Lando). He also said it took him 7 races to get used to the Renault.
                    Originally posted by Mr Purple
                    Wow. This guy was laughed off boost cruising and he shows up here, It's like getting beaten up by a two year old and then taking on an 800 pound gorilla.

Comment

First one I've watched in ages because today's a public holiday. Still as boring as I remember. Fuck off all the bullshit aero so the cars can actually drive within a kilometre of each other for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by St00ge View Post

Been saying that for several years now. Still staying up late on Sundays.
                        I don't stay up. Download in the morning and watch while I work.

Comment

The opening exchanges from Merc and RBargh was good, Lando getting in the mix was nice as it shows the car is working well,

I look at Dan's situation as very similar to Carlos, both at new teams and still adapting which is evident from the final race positions compared to team mates.
                          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                            The opening exchanges from Merc and RBargh was good, Lando getting in the mix was nice as it shows the car is working well,

I look at Dan's situation as very similar to Carlos, both at new teams and still adapting which is evident from the final race positions compared to team mates.
                            Dan was doing alright until he changed tyres......it all went to shit after that.

I think the brakes are his Achilles heel at the moment. McLaren use Akebono where RBR and Renault use Brembo. I guess the same braking points he's used for the last however many years have changed which I can imagine would be pretty difficult to adapt to. The feel in general must be different too.
                            Last edited by willsy01; 03-05-21, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yep definitely, one of his best attributes is/was under braking, was surprised when they put hards on for the last stint, he must have been all out of softs.
                              Last edited by Greg Rust; 03-05-21, 06:01 PM.
                              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

i assume Mazespin is under the 107% ?
                                Originally posted by Jim
                                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X