Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIA Silverstone F1 GP + Bonus Friday Quali and Saturday 30 Min Sprint Race Spectacuar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIA Silverstone F1 GP + Bonus Friday Quali and Saturday 30 Min Sprint Race Spectacuar

Its finally here!!!

For the first time in over 70 years, the script has been torn up, and this weekends GP schedule has been rewritten.

On Friday, We will have a typical P1 session for 1 hour, and then rather than having P2 a few hours later, and P3 on Saturday morning, it is straight into a typical qualifying session!!!...There is no way that having only 1 hour of practice is going to give all the teams the data they need to set their cars up optimally, and there will surely be some cars out of place on the grid, who will then need to try and fight their way through cars they usually never fight with, so expect that more consideration for wing settings will be part of the plan for all teams.

The results from the first qualifying session form the starting grid for the first ever F1 Sprint race which will be held after P3 on the Saturday afternoon, and the results from this race will form the order for the main GP on the Sunday. Also, the top 3 cars in the Sprint race will receive points...winner gets 3, second place gets 2, and third place gets 1.

Even though a lot of commentators are claiming the order will essentially remain the same, as nobody will risk damaging their cars in the Sprint Race, I find that very hard to believe, and expect that there will be some upsets and surprises coming. If a main driver makes a mistake and crashes, they will be starting from the back for the main race on Sunday!!

Whether you see this an unnecessary tinkering or not, I honestly cant wait to see what potential drama this creates, as after watching F1 religiously for over 30 years, anything they can do to shake up the predictability of the GP weekend will be welcomed by me, and I expect, most fans.

Let the fun and games begin

But who is the race sponsor??

I’m also keen for this format. Something different is usually interesting

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
      But who is the race sponsor??

I’m also keen for this format. Something different is usually interesting
      Well there is a story about that...

I had written "Sponsorless" in the thread title, to ensure happiness for all members, but PF rules told me that the title contained too many characters, so it had to go

This race is brought to you by Black round things that sometimes go POP during the last few laps!!!

Comment

I have very little excitement for the sprint race, but lets give it a chance.
        Originally posted by brasher
        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

I love how they are calling it a sprint race, and then some commentators are talking about the standard 300km as an enduro.... WEC is amused by sprint races <2hrs.
          Chris
          ------
          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Im on the fence with the whole sprint thing.....Its either going to be hilarious as people torpedo others and we end up with a Haas on Row 3 for the race....or just follow the leader and no one making a passing move just to swap sides on the same row so boring as all fuck.
            Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
            Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
              Im on the fence with the whole sprint thing.....Its either going to be hilarious as people torpedo others and we end up with a Haas on Row 3 for the race....or just follow the leader and no one making a passing move just to swap sides on the same row so boring as all fuck.
              I reckon P10 forwards will be a procession, the later half of the pack will see the action.

As long as the race directors don't spend the entire time following Lewis around holding station for queen and country, it could make decent viewing.

Comment

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is Crofty telling me every 10 minutes how the British fans are the best fans in the world....
                /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
                  The thing I'm looking forward to the most is Crofty telling me every 10 minutes how the British fans are the best fans in the world....
                  Yeah...like the ones at Wembley...

Comment

To be fair to them, they pack out Silverstone EVERY years the whole weekend. Gotta respect that.
                    Originally posted by brasher
                    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                      To be fair to them, they pack out Silverstone EVERY years the whole weekend. Gotta respect that.
                      For sure, the British F1 fans are a passionate, committed bunch, and the atmosphere there has always been electric, ever since I can recall.

Crofty just needs to realise his comments are received by lots of other countries with amazing F1 fans too

Comment

I think the Supermaxx fans have gone beyond the brits now by number and they party like its a football match.

You got to give it to the English fans they are keen. Few years back when I was at spa sitting in the stand on la-sauce, I thought I was surrounded by a bunch of plane clappers, turns out they were all English fans. They actually clap for Lewis every single lap from start to finish as he passes regardless of position he was running.

Comment

I dont think it will be any different to any other race on each track, its just 50% longer race with a red flag 1/3 of the way through and some bonus points for mercs and max.

If there was any kind of impact/bonuses/reverse grid etc then it might change things, but it really has not changed much.
                          this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
                            I think the Supermaxx fans have gone beyond the brits now by number and they party like its a football match.

You got to give it to the English fans they are keen. Few years back when I was at spa sitting in the stand on la-sauce, I thought I was surrounded by a bunch of plane clappers, turns out they were all English fans. They actually clap for Lewis every single lap from start to finish as he passes regardless of position he was running.
                            Supermax fans were the same when Jos de Bos was driving
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

When does parc ferme kick in this weekend?

Surely it cant be after FP1 as that would make PF3 useless...

Comment

Working...
                              X