Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIA Silverstone F1 GP + Bonus Friday Quali and Saturday 30 Min Sprint Race Spectacuar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been many divers whos passing strategy is often 'back off or we crash', this is what happens when you have 2 of them, or they choose option B.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
      There have been many divers whos passing strategy is often 'back off or we crash', this is what happens when you have 2 of them, or they choose option B.
      Right or wrong in this specific incident aside, this is completely true and IMO ridiculous that such a mindset has been permitted. Not just permitted, but encouraged and championed.
      BMW E21 Racer

ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

Comment

Originally posted by leothedrummer View Post

Right or wrong in this specific incident aside, this is completely true and IMO ridiculous that such a mindset has been permitted. Not just permitted, but encouraged and championed.
        Like anything, if you wanna be the best, you gotta have a little mongrel about you lol

Edit: Accident aside (you never want to see someone into the barriers at 51G), if Lewis want's to win the championship this year, he had to draw the line and show Max he wasn't going to back down every time Max tried to force a move. Whatever your viewpoint on this incident, Lewis has shown it's game on. Should make for a great year of racing.
        Last edited by Shane001; 20-07-21, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Firstly, if there was no fucking stupid sprint race, Max would have banked 25 points, not crashed out.

Which brings me to the second point, Lewis was ~32 points behind and needed to get ahead somehow to reduce the RB winning streak. So I believe he had a win at all costs requirement for this race to somehow claw back the championship lead. I'm not saying that he wanted to deliberately crash, but effectively he had nothing to lose given the championship was almost a write off given the sprint race result.

Lastly, to all the Hamilton fans, if it was Max that had bashed off Hamilton, I wonder how you would react?
          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
            Lastly, to all the Hamilton fans, if it was Max that had bashed off Hamilton, I wonder how you would react?
            Not a HamFan, but if Max had done that I would simply think it’s business as usual for the cunt.
            Originally posted by TK
            may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper Read View Post

Not a HamFan, but if Max had done that I would simply think it’s business as usual for the cunt.
              Yep, pretty much. Now the cunt will think twice knowing Hamilton can be just as cunty.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Yep, pretty much. Now the cunt will think twice knowing Hamilton can be just as cunty.
                I don't think Hamilton was being 'cunty' though. More was no longer willing to accept Max being a cunt to him!

Reality is though all of this chatter from us about what either of them were thinking or intending, this all happens in hundredth of a second, there was no thought about it other than 'I'm racing you cunt and I want the lead' and the rest was a very slight miscalculation by both of them based on what each was expecting the other to do. Hence really this was nothing more than a racing incident. Lewis got a token slap on the wrist simply because the consequence was so high.

Comment

Firstly, if there was no fucking stupid sprint race, Max would have banked 25 points, not crashed out.

Which brings me to the second point, Lewis was ~32 points behind and needed to get ahead somehow to reduce the RB winning streak. So I believe he had a win at all costs requirement for this race to somehow claw back the championship lead. I'm not saying that he wanted to deliberately crash, but effectively he had nothing to lose given the championship was almost a write off given the sprint race result.

I honestly think mine would be the same, but with more disappointment. So lets assume same thing happened but car colours swap. I think my reaction would be:

Well that sucks for the championship, sure Hamilton could have gave him more space and probably should have but he had to put his foot down at some point this season as it's not the first time Max has put him in that position of move out tge way or crash. He chose now and it didnt work out for him, but glad he did it.

See you see it as a desperate attempt by Hamilton to win at all cost. I see it more as thats the way Max has raced all season and Hamilton is no longer in the fastest car and therefore doesnt have the luxury of always being the one to jump out the way like he has in the past. Sure its fine to jump out the way and give mad max all the room he needs when you can hunt him back down. He can no longer do that so needs to make a point. At the same time Max is quite happy to put both cars in that situation as he is leading the championship, so if both cars crash he ends up in front.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
                  Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

“Cars 33 [Verstappen] and 44 [Hamilton] entered turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside” which went against what Hamilton said about being next to or ahead of Max.

“Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside. When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33.”

Bottom line, Car 44 was in the wrong line, had room, did not avoid contact.

The only criticism and fault of Car 33, it seems, was being in the lead.

Oo___oO

Comment

I quite enjoyed this review of it: (This summed it for me - Max is to aggressive, Max makes other drivers avoid an incident - this time Hamilton was like nah not happening)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIQkjzQ5-4

Comment

Probably be fucking pissed, what other reaction would one expect?

BUT - I would look at it the same - two unrelenting guys at their top of their game who were very eager to lay down a statement to the other.

Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

“He tucked in, he got a little bit of a tow and a bit of momentum. And yeah he just braked later and ran the car wide. Thankfully Lewis had got out of it because otherwise he would have ended up in the fence.”

The last sentence of that is crucial. Verstappen’s driving is just as aggressive as Hamilton’s, maybe even more so – and Horner celebrated it, but Hamilton’s is more pragmatic. That’s why Hamilton ended up with 25 points and Verstappen went careering into the barriers.

Comment

How can we ever forget Max being Max

Comment

Channel 4's intro to the British GP, with Webber, Coulthard and Tom Cruise.

https://youtu.be/Z7AAgYNoWKU

Loved the jibes at Webber.

Edit: seems the embedded video doesn't work so changed it to a link.
                              Last edited by ausGT-R; 20-07-21, 08:46 PM.
                              "There are three types of people...Those who can count and those who can't"

Comment

embedded vids aren't working?

Comment

Working...
                                X