Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIA Silverstone F1 GP + Bonus Friday Quali and Saturday 30 Min Sprint Race Spectacuar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pablo17 View Post
    When does parc ferme kick in this weekend?

Surely it cant be after FP1 as that would make PF3 useless...
    Kicks in when they leave the pits in Q1.
    My car
    Corolla
    Originally posted by brasher
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Zak Brown, along with 2 other McLaren staff have been bitten by the bats, so he wont be at the race this weekend, nor will he be driving Mario Andretti's 1978 car in the pre race parade.

My worry here is that the article stated that at least Dando havent been near him so should be good to race....Yet they were at Silverstone together this week driving McLarens Fucken praying neither of them give a positive test today

Edit: Apparently the filming of the above drive day happened earlier in the year, so fingers crossed the comments I read today were inaccurate
      Last edited by Mr Ree; 16-07-21, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Meh could be Dan’s best performance of the season

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
          To be fair to them, they pack out Silverstone EVERY years the whole weekend. Gotta respect that.
          i went in 2019 and it was awesome, no caveats. camped the weekend and was in the stands looking over maggots & beckett's. That all being said a lot of fans (anecdotally) were from OS, say 40 - 50%, so saying all the british fans are awesome is a little mis-leading.
          Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
          having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post

i went in 2019 and it was awesome, no caveats. camped the weekend and was in the stands looking over maggots & beckett's. That all being said a lot of fans (anecdotally) were from OS, say 40 - 50%, so saying all the british fans are awesome is a little mis-leading.
            #humblebrag

That must have been an amazing experience!!! Was it better than you expected it would be, in comparison to watching it on tv with the camera panning and taking speed away from the cars?

Sitting there to witness an F1 car go through that complex of corners has always been on my bucket list

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
              Im on the fence with the whole sprint thing.....Its either going to be hilarious as people torpedo others and we end up with a Haas on Row 3 for the race....or just follow the leader and no one making a passing move just to swap sides on the same row so boring as all fuck.
              I reckon it's going to make the main race a bit more processional. Anyone out of position from qualifying will get to where they should be in the sprint race. Fingers crossed for an entertaining weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

#humblebrag

That must have been an amazing experience!!! Was it better than you expected it would be, in comparison to watching it on tv with the camera panning and taking speed away from the cars?

Sitting there to witness an F1 car go through that complex of corners has always been on my bucket list
                ive been lucky enough to travel a lot and go to some pretty cool events (not a humblebrag just scene setting) but the f1 at silverstone was the best thing ive ever done, period. so well organised even in relation to where you camp as they create pop-up centres with bars, pubs, general stores and a stage. Checo, pinkham and johnny herbert were there on saturday night on stage and giving stuff away which was cool but the grandstand view from maggots was epic as you could see 3 parts of the track. Dan's renualt blew up right in front of us during friday practice so got a few vids of him from only a few metres away. then to walk the track after the race before driving home topped it off.
                Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post

ive been lucky enough to travel a lot and go to some pretty cool events (not a humblebrag just scene setting) but the f1 at silverstone was the best thing ive ever done, period. so well organised even in relation to where you camp as they create pop-up centres with bars, pubs, general stores and a stage. Checo, pinkham and johnny herbert were there on saturday night on stage and giving stuff away which was cool but the grandstand view from maggots was epic as you could see 3 parts of the track. Dan's renualt blew up right in front of us during friday practice so got a few vids of him from only a few metres away. then to walk the track after the race before driving home topped it off.
                  Sounds like an amazing time to me

Ive always loved how the Sky F1 team give the fans a lot of extra build up on the Thursday, and how they walk through the campsites talking to the fans...that kind of crowd interaction simply cant be beat (short of Natalie wearing a bikini while doing it)
                  Last edited by Mr Ree; 16-07-21, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Fuck, just looked at the session times. This weekend is not only the introduction of sprint qualifying but also ‘schedule everything as late as we can’.

Comment

Originally posted by IMOA View Post
                      Fuck, just looked at the session times. This weekend is not only the introduction of sprint qualifying but also ‘schedule everything as late as we can’.
                      Tell me about it

I was gutted last night when I checked the time schedule. Bloody Seppo owners wont be happy until no Antipodeans watch it live anymore....

As if 1am quali and races (NZT) aren't difficult enough already, now we have the most looked forward to race weekend in quite some time, and they're having the first practice at 1.30am, first quali at 5am, the cunting sprint race at 3.30am, and the race proper at 2am.

The things we do for love...

Comment

3am quali? Fucking what?

Comment

Yep. And that’s the sprint qualy thing, the old fashioned qualy for the sprint race is on at 3:00am. I was looking forward tonight sitting down and watching practice 1 and qualy thinking they’d be at normal P1 and P2 times but the actual schedule times are massively fucked.

Comment

You guys do realise that you can do catch up with Kayo and also replay live timing on the F1 app (not on the web version, only tablet/phone app)? Biggest issue is getting the timing and vision in sync.
                            Also make sure you set both the F1 app and Kayo to no spoilers mode so they don't show results first.
                            Its how I watch every session and in reality, makes fuck all difference watching it live, apart from interacting on here or Twitter etc with other people.
                            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Ive always been a "watch every session live" kinda guy, so it pains me greatly when things like this happen, but oh well, first world problems and all that. Ill just be tired when watching the V8s haha

I know you chaps have had access to all the on screen data and different driver cameras for ages, but finally, NZ gets some version of that from this weekend onward. There has been no mention of it from the provider, but thats not surprising...hyping things has never been a Kiwi strong suit. Really looking forward to having other options available during the sessions

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                                You guys do realise that you can do catch up with Kayo and also replay live timing on the F1 app (not on the web version, only tablet/phone app)? Biggest issue is getting the timing and vision in sync.
                                Also make sure you set both the F1 app and Kayo to no spoilers mode so they don't show results first.
                                Its how I watch every session and in reality, makes fuck all difference watching it live, apart from interacting on here or Twitter etc with other people.
                                Absolutely, but I do prefer watching live and I’d mentally got myself into the headspace of ‘woo, tonight practice and qualifying and tomorrow practice and sprint race thing’ while having a nice glass of red. Whereas now it’s try to find time tomorrow between dog walking and cleaning and weekend jobs to watch without getting interrupted and before I see the results. It’s just not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X