Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIA Silverstone F1 GP + Bonus Friday Quali and Saturday 30 Min Sprint Race Spectacuar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed re weaving,you can see it from his on board.

Massive hit either way.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      60/40 incident I reckon. Just not sure who is 60 and who is 40.
      Yeah this pretty much. Love how polarizing this is though- great for the sport

Comment

Lewis's response immediately post the incident and after the race is exactly why so many people dont like or respect him. he has drunk so much of his own coolaid he genuinely believes his version of events is fact.

ultimately lewis was attacking and therefore its on him to make sure the move is down and sticks. he chose a very dangerous place on the track to try and re-assert his manhood and the result was an un-necessary 51g impact into the wall for Max.
        Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
        having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
          Lewis's response immediately post the incident and after the race is exactly why so many people dont like or respect him. he has drunk so much of his own coolaid he genuinely believes his version of events is fact.

ultimately lewis was attacking and therefore its on him to make sure the move is down and sticks. he chose a very dangerous place on the track to try and re-assert his manhood and the result was an un-necessary 51g impact into the wall for Max.
          Part of the politicing unfortunately - whether he believes it or not he has to say it to not get a penalty.

Watching Horner, Wheatley, and Toto on the radio to Masi was pathetic imho.
          Originally posted by brasher
          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
            They had been racing side by side since they left the start line. Is it really unreasonable for Lewis to have considered they would continue racing hard for position, rather than just give it up to Max because Max is an over aggressive cunt?

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post

I guess thats the difference between leaving a car width of track vs leaving an extrapolated racing line for the attacking car based on what can be acheived at its current velocity (and I believe that velocity is the responsibility of that driver attacking, not the defender. yes lewis may have had "nowhere to go" but he chose to go that speed into the corner. does max have to let him? it caused him to crash but that was his defensive strategy.

my thoughts on a mid corner collision:

A) attackers front axle behind defenders rear axle = attackers fault
              B) attackers front axle between defenders axles = shared responsibility
              C) attackers front axle at or in front of defenders front axle = defenders fault

but for case B there is a lot of grey area on split of responsibilty based on what happened leading up to the collision thats quite hard to define in rules and is more of a mabo thing.
              Lewis was at (edit, sorry meant to say) C as Max turned in hard on him. Lewis would have made the apex fine, had it not been for the loss of grip due to the contact. Max also would have made it around the outside fine, and continued to battle for the lead, had he not been a cunt lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post

Watching Horner, Wheatley, and Toto on the radio to Masi was pathetic imho.
                I know the airing of the radio to Masi is only a recent development, but I’d love to have heard the conversations the same people had with Charlie (may he RIP)

Comment

I thought this was a fairly good break down of the incident.

https://fb.watch/6QJK3NeoBd/

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post

Lewis only hit him because Max turned in on him.
                    Max has to turn in at some point - he's required to leave space, as the car in front, and he did, otherwise you need to change the regs to say as soon as someone shows you a front wing, you need to run out of their way, for sure we wouldn't be talking about it the same way if it happened on a slower speed corner and it broke their cars evenly - and the penalty can't make Max 'whole' but it feels like the penalty should be more effective than still allowing him to win - if as Brundle first thought, it was a 10s stop go, but it's always going to be a hard ask to dish out a stiffer penalty to a british driver at the british GP (not George though?)

It was a potentially fatal accident (and not just to max) - especially when you see the spectator angle...
                    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post

Max has to turn in at some point - he's required to leave space, as the car in front, and he did, otherwise you need to change the regs to say as soon as someone shows you a front wing, you need to run out of their way, for sure we wouldn't be talking about it the same way if it happened on a slower speed corner and it broke their cars evenly - and the penalty can't make Max 'whole' but it feels like the penalty should be more effective than still allowing him to win - if as Brundle first thought, it was a 10s stop go, but it's always going to be a hard ask to dish out a stiffer penalty to a british driver at the british GP (not George though?)

It was a potentially fatal accident (and not just to max) - especially when you see the spectator angle...
                      Right but if you are side by side with another car, which he was, and you have maybe a meter to the inside wall vs Max had several meters to the outside of the track and then a shit ton of runoff, I don't understand how you feel that Ham is in the wrong when Max turned in on him? Max could very easily have held position on his outside all the way through that corner.

But Max is an over aggressive driver who often ends his own races through similar moves. He's been better the last few years but a big part of that is everyone else has learned to we extra wary of him.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Lewis.PNG
Views:	166
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	7272649

To me its racing, if you stop going for the gap which is there Lewis's front wing is almost equal with Max then may as well stop racing and just have a procession

F1 drivers are little bitches about crashes - didn't hear Wickens bitching nearly as much after he was flung into the fence at Pocono
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm confused how people are saying max turned in on Lewis? He turned to enter the corner and left more than a cars width between himself and paint at the apex, you can't ask for much more in that situation and the driver on the outside is always hoping the guy on the inside is capable of holding his inside line. At no point did he shut the door on him

please watch from the 30 second mark. That definitely isn't the racing line 200m before the corner? is that moving under brakes?
                          Suggesting both of them weren't being aggressive is a bit blind to the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRt8...annel=FORMULA1

Last edited by Dimi; 19-07-21, 02:44 PM. Reason: THANKS FOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
                            I'm confused how people are saying max turned in on Lewis? He turned to enter the corner and left more than a cars width between himself and paint at the apex, you can't ask for much more in that situation and the driver on the outside is always hoping the guy on the inside is capable of holding his inside line. At no point did he shut the door on him

please watch from the 30 second mark. That definitely isn't the racing line 200m before the corner? is that moving under brakes?
                            Suggesting both of them weren't being aggressive is a bit blind to the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRt8...annel=FORMULA1

You obviously haven't watched this then - https://fb.watch/6QJK3NeoBd/

Max opens up when he see's Lewis next to him before giving him the Schumi chop

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
                              I thought this was a fairly good break down of the incident.

https://fb.watch/6QJK3NeoBd/
                              His final assessment "Max could have left him more room". Ignores the fact Max did leave room and Hamilton didn't use it.
                              How man car widths does he have to leave? vs Leclerc Hamilton was another full car width further right, half over the inside kerb. I'd suggest those two useable car widths he left is more generous than Max normally is.
                              Hamilton was just unwilling to slow down enough to get into the apex and use that room because it would mean losing the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post

You obviously haven't watched this then - https://fb.watch/6QJK3NeoBd/

Max opens up when he see's Lewis next to him before giving him the Schumi chop
                                Bruh, I'm confused? Its showing from multiple angles max leaving space, he never actually shut the door did the chop? I see him open the wheel mid corner when he realises Lewis is there but i don't think he's suicidal and wants to make contact otherwise why would he open the wheel angle, everyone knows the outside guy always loses. Also imagine its a bit dicey going the long way around a corner at 200kph+ so its hard to make that arm chair assessment beyond the cars position at the time of the crash.

And yes the goat would have just shut the door taking the full apex, fuck everyone else

Comment

Working...
                                X